Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Purge

After being pulled from Amazon Web Services Parler is set to go off line for "A while."  

This isn't a coincidence.  The Incident @ the Capital accelerated events, but the real trigger was the results from the GA runoffs.  As of Jan 20 the Republicans will loose their majority in the Senate, and thus will no longer control any committee chairmanships in either house of congress.  That means not only is the GOP powerless to stop legislation or presidential appointments, we can no longer call hearings or issue subpoenas.  There is no aspect of the Federal government that can hold Big Tech accountable for silencing the opponents of the Democratic Party.  In fact, Execs from Facebook and Twitter have become part of Joe Biden's transition team and are expected to join his administration.  

This isn't about "civil discourse" or any of the hearts stars and rainbow rhetoric that the legacy media is regurgitating to spin this.  This is about complete domination of the arena of ideas.  They kicked us out of the campuses, they have taken over the board rooms, they control the mainstream media, popular culture, most of the career government officials and now they are systemically trying to erase any alternative venue for traditional Americans to express their viewpoint

Sadly, I don't think that the mainstream GOP understands the threat now, let alone 6 to 12 months ago when we really could make a difference.  The more libertarian branch of the caucus like Mike Lee were arguing, as late as this year, that "oh no we can't regulate big Tech...  Their private companies...  We don't want big government."  Nevermind that their very existence is subsidized by government shielding from content liability.  Now we don't have any power to stop the next order 66 to come down the pipe and make it almost impossible for conservatives to express dissent against the coming regime.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I agree 100. I was calling for this when Republicans controlled the House and Senate. This has been coming for a while now, and why I have so little hope for the future.

Well, we still have the Supreme Court. Maybe...

(This post was last modified: 01-10-2021, 06:28 PM by WingerDinger.)

(01-10-2021, 06:13 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Well, we still have the Supreme Court. Maybe...

GOP still represents a 5-4 advantage, minus Roberts..

And if they try to pack, filibuster..

Plus the 67 votes they would need to end it.

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(01-10-2021, 06:26 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(01-10-2021, 06:13 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Well, we still have the Supreme Court. Maybe...

Libs already trying to stir up some crap with Justice Thomas' wife.

(01-10-2021, 06:28 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(01-10-2021, 06:26 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: GOP still represents a 5-4 advantage, minus Roberts..

Libs already trying to stir up some crap with Justice Thomas' wife.

Does it involve a pubic hair?

The Dems don't have enough votes from their own party to pack the court.
However
If the court hands down a decision against Obamacare (they heard the case in November) then suddenly more Democrats will vote for packing.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(01-10-2021, 06:26 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:

Filibusters gone.  It's a rule, not a constitutional mandate.  Schumer can abolish it.

(01-10-2021, 06:31 PM)jj82284 Wrote:
(01-10-2021, 06:26 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: GOP still represents a 5-4 advantage, minus Roberts..

Filibusters gone.  It's a rule, not a constitutional mandate.  Schumer can abolish it.

Schumer needs unanimity in his party to abolish the filibuster.  Allegedly Manchin is against doing so.  We shall see.

(01-10-2021, 06:31 PM)jj82284 Wrote:

They still need a 60 count vote in the Senate and possibly a mini-nuke..

(01-10-2021, 06:35 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(01-10-2021, 06:31 PM)jj82284 Wrote: Filibusters gone.  It's a rule, not a constitutional mandate.  Schumer can abolish it.

They still need a 60 count vote in the Senate and possibly a mini-nuke..

Not to my understanding.  60 votes for cloture of debate "the filibuster" was essentially a gentlemen agreement.  Each new senate sets its own rules.  For instance, McConnell didn't get 7 democrats to vote for a simple majority threshold on Supreme Court nominees.  

Joe Manchin is the most important man in Washington right now.

(01-10-2021, 05:24 PM)jj82284 Wrote: After being pulled from Amazon Web Services Parler is set to go off line for "A while."  

This isn't a coincidence.  The Incident @ the Capital accelerated events, but the real trigger was the results from the GA runoffs.  As of Jan 20 the Republicans will loose their majority in the Senate, and thus will no longer control any committee chairmanships in either house of congress.  That means not only is the GOP powerless to stop legislation or presidential appointments, we can no longer call hearings or issue subpoenas.  There is no aspect of the Federal government that can hold Big Tech accountable for silencing the opponents of the Democratic Party.  In fact, Execs from Facebook and Twitter have become part of Joe Biden's transition team and are expected to join his administration.  

Who are these people you speak of exactly?

(This post was last modified: 01-10-2021, 07:15 PM by mikesez.)

(01-10-2021, 07:08 PM)jj82284 Wrote:
(01-10-2021, 06:35 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: They still need a 60 count vote in the Senate and possibly a mini-nuke..

Not to my understanding.  60 votes for cloture of debate "the filibuster" was essentially a gentlemen agreement.  Each new senate sets its own rules.  For instance, McConnell didn't get 7 democrats to vote for a simple majority threshold on Supreme Court nominees.  

There is still a filibuster.
It no longer applies to budget resolutions,
New spending or taxes that will be in effect for 10 years or less (it falls under 'reconciliation' if it's less than 10 years),
Or judicial appointments.
It applies everywhere else.

One of the complications in the effort to repeal Obamacare is they tried to do it as "reconciliation" which limited their options.

(01-10-2021, 07:15 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-10-2021, 07:08 PM)jj82284 Wrote: Not to my understanding.  60 votes for cloture of debate "the filibuster" was essentially a gentlemen agreement.  Each new senate sets its own rules.  For instance, McConnell didn't get 7 democrats to vote for a simple majority threshold on Supreme Court nominees.  

There is still a filibuster.
It no longer applies to budget resolutions,
New spending or taxes that will be in effect for 10 years or less (it falls under 'reconciliation' if it's less than 10 years),
Or judicial appointments.
It applies everywhere else.

One of the complications in the effort to repeal Obamacare is they tried to do it as "reconciliation" which limited their options.

Yes but you can change the filibuster rule without consent from the minority.  McConnell didn't get Democrat consent to remove the filibuster from Supreme Court nominations.  When Biden was asked about abolishing the filibuster he wouldn't answer.  If the keep it in place (for immigration let's say) then that would be GREAT...  but I doubt it.

(01-10-2021, 05:24 PM)jj82284 Wrote: After being pulled from Amazon Web Services Parler is set to go off line for "A while."  

This isn't about "civil discourse" or any of the hearts stars and rainbow rhetoric that the legacy media is regurgitating to spin this.  This is about complete domination of the arena of ideas.  They kicked us out of the campuses, they have taken over the board rooms, they control the mainstream media, popular culture, most of the career government officials and now they are systemically trying to erase any alternative venue for traditional Americans to express their viewpoint

Sadly, I don't think that the mainstream GOP understands the threat now, let alone 6 to 12 months ago when we really could make a difference.  The more libertarian branch of the caucus like Mike Lee were arguing, as late as this year, that "oh no we can't regulate big Tech...  Their private companies...  We don't want big government."  Nevermind that their very existence is subsidized by government shielding from content liability.  Now we don't have any power to stop the next order 66 to come down the pipe and make it almost impossible for conservatives to express dissent against the coming regime.

I had heard of parler previously but never joined due to the 'phone verification.' Looks like I might have made a mistake. the mainstream social media has decided that anything not radical leftist in thought is not worthy of discussion. Its sad that its come to this, but a free social media is the only way out at this point. Parler is gonna pop when they come back. I expect rapid user growth and a large loss of active users for facebook/twitter/youtube.

The funny thing is that by trying to silence parler, amazon and all the rest have brough much more attention to it.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

I joined Parler, but it was hard for me to get into because it's a conservative circle jerk. Unless moderates and others come over, it's going to be difficult to get any general sense of public sentiment.

This is interesting because you guys usually always approve of the private sector even in sectors where it has a monopoly.

Small government includes not reigning in big tech guys. It's what you want.

The word Nazi is now being watered down as much as the word racist.

(01-10-2021, 09:38 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: The word Nazi is now being watered down as much as the word racist.

Yup.. They've lost their meaning.