Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
How Vulnerable is the Division in 2021?

Tennessee is 2 or even 1 major injuries away from dropping back to the pack. If Henry or Tannehill go down, their offense probably falls apart. Tannehill did have a run a bad luck in Miami his last few years. Henry is trying to prove history wrong with his touches over the past few years. Both Brown and Julio have had some nagging injury issues the past few years. Plus this year has 17 regular season games. And all that is still assuming they fix their holes on defense that got "patched over" last year due to their league best turnover differential that normally reverts to the mean.

Indy's whole season is banking on Wentz reverting back to a serviceable QB. It's honestly a pretty risky move, especially for a few draft picks. For example, if they had just passed on Rivers last year and not traded for Wentz, they could have easily had a high draft pick and the assets to trade up for Fields or Jones in the '21 Draft. I understand why they have gone the route they have, but again history is not on their side.

Having said all that, the Jags haven't really had that much luck in their franchise's history. Every time it seems to be there, it turns up as trap and fool's gold.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The Wentz to Indy move feels a lot like the Foles to Jax move minus the recent postseason run.

(06-18-2021, 03:10 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: Tennessee is 2 or even 1 major injuries away from dropping back to the pack. If Henry or Tannehill go down, their offense probably falls apart. Tannehill did have a run a bad luck in Miami his last few years. Henry is trying to prove history wrong with his touches over the past few years. Both Brown and Julio have had some nagging injury issues the past few years. Plus this year has 17 regular season games. And all that is still assuming they fix their holes on defense that got "patched over" last year due to their league best turnover differential that normally reverts to the mean.

Indy's whole season is banking on Wentz reverting back to a serviceable QB. It's honestly a pretty risky move, especially for a few draft picks. For example, if they had just passed on Rivers last year and not traded for Wentz, they could have easily had a high draft pick and the assets to trade up for Fields or Jones in the '21 Draft. I understand why they have gone the route they have, but again history is not on their side.

Having said all that, the Jags haven't really had that much luck in their franchise's history. Every time it seems to be there, it turns up as trap and fool's gold.

I don't see this.  I thought TN was done last year when they lost both starting OT and two of their starting CBs and they won the division.  I think the Colts are a few injuries away from a trainwreck.  Jags are in better shape than Houston.  Houston is a trainwreck before the season begins.
You know you're dealing with a belief system when you get an emotional response. 

(This post was last modified: 06-21-2021, 03:47 PM by rpr52121.)

(06-21-2021, 03:34 PM)CTEisREAL Wrote:
(06-18-2021, 03:10 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: Tennessee is 2 or even 1 major injuries away from dropping back to the pack. If Henry or Tannehill go down, their offense probably falls apart. Tannehill did have a run a bad luck in Miami his last few years. Henry is trying to prove history wrong with his touches over the past few years. Both Brown and Julio have had some nagging injury issues the past few years. Plus this year has 17 regular season games. And all that is still assuming they fix their holes on defense that got "patched over" last year due to their league best turnover differential that normally reverts to the mean.

I don't see this.  I thought TN was done last year when they lost both starting OT and two of their starting CBs and they won the division.  I think the Colts are a few injuries away from a trainwreck.  Jags are in better shape than Houston.  Houston is a trainwreck before the season begins.

I meant mostly injuries to Tannehill or Henry would make it really hard for them. I agree injuries to the lines or defense probably wont change much for them. And yeah I get that similar injuries for most teams kills their season.

Though, I'm one of the few that thinks they are still right at ~10 wins even now due mostly to the hard schedule and I think they won't get as many TOs this year as last.

(06-20-2021, 05:55 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: The Wentz to Indy move feels a lot like the Foles to Jax move minus the recent postseason run.

If there is such a thing as a boom or bust trade for a vet, this is it.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

It’s definitely Tennessee’s division to lose

It's the most vulnerable division in the league. By a comfortable margin the least talented division.

That's said, it would take a whole lot of luck both for us and against the Titans and Colts for us to win the division this year.

(06-27-2021, 11:45 PM)Upper Wrote: It's the most vulnerable division in the league. By a comfortable margin the least talented division.

That's said, it would take a whole lot of luck both for us and against the Titans and Colts for us to win the division this year.
Jags were +750 to win the division.

I threw down 50 bucks. Here we go!

(06-28-2021, 07:48 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(06-27-2021, 11:45 PM)Upper Wrote: It's the most vulnerable division in the league. By a comfortable margin the least talented division.

Jags were +750 to win the division.

I threw down 50 bucks. Here we go!

Honestly, that is a reasonable gamble.