Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tiger

This allows Tiger to be even more selective of tournaments he was previously obligated to play, but wasn't a huge fan of. The Players being one of them.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Tiger announced today that he will be playing with his son, Charlie, in the PNC event.

(12-08-2021, 01:51 PM)KingIngram052787 Wrote: Tiger announced today that he will be playing with his son, Charlie, in the PNC event.

Good to hear. That will be fun to watch. I’m curious to see how much bigger and better Charlie is this year.

(12-08-2021, 04:18 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(12-08-2021, 01:51 PM)KingIngram052787 Wrote: Tiger announced today that he will be playing with his son, Charlie, in the PNC event.

Good to hear. That will be fun to watch. I’m curious to see how much bigger and better Charlie is this year.

Me. too.  That kid has got one of the best swings I've ever seen.  

I think Tiger will probably just be doing chipping and putting, due to that very serious injury.

(12-08-2021, 04:39 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(12-08-2021, 04:18 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Good to hear. That will be fun to watch. I’m curious to see how much bigger and better Charlie is this year.

Me. too.  That kid has got one of the best swings I've ever seen.  

I think Tiger will probably just be doing chipping and putting, due to that very serious injury.

Tiger will he doing more than that. He is hitting full drivers now.

It seems I heard Tiger mention he’ll be using a cart to get around for a while. He says his doctor said the injured leg is healing so well that his back will be his biggest issue.

I think you're correct HB. Also, he can hit full drivers but not with the same speed as he used to, at least per what he says, though he knows how to set expectations.

Having said that, don't think they'll need his drives often with Charlie hitting from the forward tees.

The limited driver speed may actually be good for Tiger. He is the best iron player to ever play the game. His comeback will he amazing to watch.

(12-08-2021, 09:29 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: The limited driver speed may actually be good for Tiger. He is the best iron player to ever play the game. His comeback will he amazing to watch.

I don't think he's coming back like you think.  

You have to have significant length to play those courses from those tees.  And, sure, he's a great iron player (was at least), but to have a wedge vs 6 or 7 iron in is a significant advantage.  

Also, he's not nearly the putter he used to be, and if he doesn't have those wedges he is going to struggle to have makeable birdie putts.  Distance in golf has become too important to just not have it any longer.

He's also going to struggle to walk those courses 4+ rounds in a row if/when he plays with the condition of his leg and back.

(12-09-2021, 10:38 AM)KingIngram052787 Wrote:
(12-08-2021, 09:29 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: The limited driver speed may actually be good for Tiger. He is the best iron player to ever play the game. His comeback will he amazing to watch.

I don't think he's coming back like you think.  

You have to have significant length to play those courses from those tees.  And, sure, he's a great iron player (was at least), but to have a wedge vs 6 or 7 iron in is a significant advantage.  

Also, he's not nearly the putter he used to be, and if he doesn't have those wedges he is going to struggle to have makeable birdie putts.  Distance in golf has become too important to just not have it any longer.

He's also going to struggle to walk those courses 4+ rounds in a row if/when he plays with the condition of his leg and back.

Time will tell. He isn't going to compete if he doesn't think he can win. The fact he is where he is 10 months after nearly losing his leg is amazing. 

I don't see the quality of his iron play changing a bit, but we will see

(This post was last modified: 12-09-2021, 11:20 AM by KingIngram052787. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-09-2021, 10:53 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(12-09-2021, 10:38 AM)KingIngram052787 Wrote: I don't think he's coming back like you think.  

Time will tell. He isn't going to compete if he doesn't think he can win. The fact he is where he is 10 months after nearly losing his leg is amazing. 

I don't see the quality of his iron play changing a bit, but we will see

I think that's why he's only going to play a few tournaments a year.  Courses he knows well that he can compete on, or just ones that he loves.  Tiger has changed significantly over the years and has adapted/embraced his knew'ish role as being an elder/mentor to the young guys on Tour, but also being able to be somewhat competitive.  He'll embrace this new role, too.

Tiger hitting some great shots. Specifically long irons.

It was very enjoyable to see Tiger and Charlie out there on the course especially with them being in contention for first place in the final round.

Hope Tiger continues his recovery and returns to a sustainable, healthy and successful golf career again. His presence makes golf that much greater at the end of the day.

Masters 2022. Now that he is officially competing, does he have anything other than a punchers chance here?
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(04-06-2022, 05:16 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Masters 2022. Now that he is officially competing, does he have anything other than a punchers chance here?

Very unlikely. Would be really cool to see him make the cut and rock the red and black on Sunday though.

(04-07-2022, 02:26 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote:
(04-06-2022, 05:16 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Masters 2022. Now that he is officially competing, does he have anything other than a punchers chance here?

Very unlikely. Would be really cool to see him make the cut and rock the red and black on Sunday though.

I prefer he misses the cut, so I don't have to listen to the commentators slobbering over him all weekend.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Car accident was a hoax.

(04-07-2022, 10:03 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Car accident was a hoax.

The first or the second one?
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(04-07-2022, 10:20 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(04-07-2022, 10:03 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Car accident was a hoax.

The first or the second one?

Dang, I forgot about the other one.  Hard to believe the dude is only 46.   He had 14 major wins through 2008 (age 32ish).

Sorry to tell you guys, but the major wins were faked. Look it up.