Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trevor Lawrence (wolfys thoughts)

(This post was last modified: 01-11-2021, 09:07 PM by JagsorDie.)

(01-11-2021, 08:54 PM)Jags Wrote: So, if we’re to recap, we’re damned if we draft TL but we’re
Screwed if we don’t.  to to make the franchise right  we need him.  .  But if WE do, we’re Screwed.  Ok got it. I’m super
Confused here. Do we draft the guy or not?

Draft him but when he gets on the plane to come here, make him aware of the ops stipulations and expectations that he will have to meet.. also tell him the NFL is hard... like all madden hard..... I’m pretty sure that is what has to happen.

(01-11-2021, 09:06 PM)Adub28 Wrote: No points!

+1 point for you

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

everyone seems to be so postive jags are takeing Trevor to as well. they could end up drafting fields,or even some other qb like matt jones from Alamba. I would wait to  get a Lawrence jersery,see f jags draft him first.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(01-11-2021, 10:44 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: everyone seems to be so postive jags are takeing Trevor to as well. they could end up drafting fields,or even some other qb like matt jones from Alamba. I would wait to  get a Lawrence jersery,see f jags draft him first.

Nope... just nope

(01-11-2021, 10:44 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: everyone seems to be so postive jags are takeing Trevor to as well. they could end up drafting fields,or even some other qb like matt jones from Alamba. I would wait to  get a Lawrence jersery,see f jags draft him first.

Didn’t we already draft Matt Jones the qb......
[img]blob:https://www.duvalpride.com/1a8a2498-9833-4b7d-8cc7-5e45aa36d9f6[/img][img=648x560]blob:https://www.duvalpride.com/cfd7a344-8206-4fed-a4c4-6536e150b1a7[/img]

There's literally 0% chance we take someone other than Lawrence.

Ah yes....draft Fields.....after he goes out and lays an egg on the biggest stage of his life. That would be the most #becauseJaguars thing ever. Par for the course.

Lawrence to Jax was written in stone once the Jags guaranteed the first pick 2 weeks ago. Now we’re just debating on how much to pay Meyer to coach.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

The Jags will draft Lawrence. You can take that to the bank, Wolf.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Wolfie, I love ya. But, the team isn't taking Fields or the local product, Mac Jones.  

Very rarely do you see an overwhelming consensus on any player, but when it comes to Trevor Lawrence, we're seeing that across the board.  Maybe they're wrong, but the only way to find out is to draft him and see.  I tend to think he's going to end up being the best QB to ever put on a Jaguars uniform.  He has all the tools, and he has all the intangibles that you want to see in your QB.  He's not perfect, but darn close.

You mentioned Tim Tebow.  Experts weren't calling Tebow a generational QB talent.  The reason they weren't is because he wasn't.  He had a mediocre arm and questionable accuracy.  What he did have was determination and leadership qualities that somehow managed to make him a great college QB.  Most who watched him knew without a doubt that he was not going to do well in the NFL.  He was/is a great guy.  He's a local legend and icon.  He was never a legitimate NFL QB.  

The Jags are going to take Lawrence in the draft.  That's a given.  I'm more interested in seeing who they hire as the head coach to work with him, and how the new GM will address the many other holes this team has on the roster across the board.  Lawrence can't turn this thing around by himself, so hopefully they build a team around him that we can pull for for many years to come. With a truckload of draft picks and cash, any GM worth his salt will be able to turn this thing around very quickly.  It's time for fans to start getting excited about the future for this team again.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

I’m convinced you’re trolling now Wolf

[Image: bip9lherr0641.jpg]
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(This post was last modified: 01-12-2021, 04:43 PM by snowwolf776.)

(01-12-2021, 01:09 PM)FBT Wrote:

Wolfie, I love ya. But, the team isn't taking Fields or the local product, Mac Jones.  

Very rarely do you see an overwhelming consensus on any player, but when it comes to Trevor Lawrence, we're seeing that across the board.  Maybe they're wrong, but the only way to find out is to draft him and see.  I tend to think he's going to end up being the best QB to ever put on a Jaguars uniform.  He has all the tools, and he has all the intangibles that you want to see in your QB.  He's not perfect, but darn close.

You mentioned Tim Tebow.  Experts weren't calling Tebow a generational QB talent.  The reason they weren't is because he wasn't.  He had a mediocre arm and questionable accuracy.  What he did have was determination and leadership qualities that somehow managed to make him a great college QB.  Most who watched him knew without a doubt that he was not going to do well in the NFL.  He was/is a great guy.  He's a local legend and icon.  He was never a legitimate NFL QB.  

The Jags are going to take Lawrence in the draft.  That's a given.  I'm more interested in seeing who they hire as the head coach to work with him, and how the new GM will address the many other holes this team has on the roster across the board.  Lawrence can't turn this thing around by himself, so hopefully they build a team around him that we can pull for for many years to come.  With a truckload of draft picks and cash, any GM worth his salt will be able to turn this thing around very quickly.  It's time for fans to start getting excited about the future for this team again.

thanks FBT I apprciatte your thoughts. i know a lot of people are saying Jags will take Trevor in the draft. No I'm not trolling, those here who know me well know that im always open, and honest about my feelings with the team.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

I dont agree with most of this thread, but i do agree that its no sure thing. The only people who think Lawrence is a sure fire hall of famer
Are the people who listen to espn and havent actually watched his tape. Hes got potential but he isnt andrew luck or peyton manning, at least not yet.

(01-12-2021, 04:57 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: I dont agree with most of this thread, but i do agree that its no sure thing. The only people who think Lawrence is a sure fire hall of famer
Are the people who listen to espn and havent actually watched his tape.
Hes got potential but he isnt andrew luck or peyton manning, at least not yet.

So, out of curiosity, exactly who said that?  Because I sure as hell can't locate it.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 01-12-2021, 07:01 PM by Talented Kalamari.)

The reality is we can never truly know who is going to be a good player.. there are so many factors that play into an NFL player’s future success or failure, too many to count. What we do know is this: T Law has all the makings of a franchise QB in terms of a tangible skill set. Great height, big arm, good athlete. I have also heard analysts say good things about his intangibles (leadership quality, drive, intellect, etc.) The truth is, until he strings together at least 2-3 seasons, we won’t know. The speculation and hope is that he will turn this thing around. He could very well be the savior of the Jaguars. Only time will tell. I for one, am optimistic and looking forward to the upcoming season. Cheers

(01-12-2021, 04:57 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: I dont agree with most of this thread, but i do agree that its no sure thing. The only people who think Lawrence is a sure fire hall of famer
Are the people who listen to espn and havent actually watched his tape. Hes got potential but he isnt andrew luck or peyton manning, at least not yet.

Curious....do you assert Kiper and McShay...the guys on ESPN most likely to give analysis on college QBs in this coming draft class, don't actually watch tape?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Tebow was a late first.

This guy is consensus #1.

Tebow the experts were not sure on because of his flawed mechanics and Urban's spread offense.

I don't see any similarities at all.

I don't think anyone is saying he's a guaranteed sure fire hall of famer, but let's be real.  How often has a player come out of college with this kind of generational player and he fell flat on his face?  Sure, it happens, but that kind of hype isn't something you hear about every year in the draft.  He's got a much better chance of being that guy than, say, Minshew.  You're absolutely right that he's not Luck or Manning.  His college stats are actually comparable to or even better than both of them.  And yes, I have watched him play.  He's a talented athlete.  He's a smart player.  He understands offenses, and more importantly, he can read defenses. He's as close to a sure thing as you'll ever see in the draft.  But, you have to build around him.  You can't expect to draft him and just throw him out there without adding pieces around him to improve the overall roster.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

(01-13-2021, 04:47 PM)FBT Wrote:

I don't think anyone is saying he's a guaranteed sure fire hall of famer, but let's be real.  How often has a player come out of college with this kind of generational player and he fell flat on his face?  Sure, it happens, but that kind of hype isn't something you hear about every year in the draft.  He's got a much better chance of being that guy than, say, Minshew.  You're absolutely right that he's not Luck or Manning.  His college stats are actually comparable to or even better than both of them.  And yes, I have watched him play.  He's a talented athlete.  He's a smart player.  He understands offenses, and more importantly, he can read defenses. He's as close to a sure thing as you'll ever see in the draft.  But, you have to build around him.  You can't expect to draft him and just throw him out there without adding pieces around him to improve the overall roster.

Oh yeah, what about Tebow?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Tell me this picture doesn't make you feel all warm and tingly inside....

[Image: Erj-D5lXIAAneaA?format=jpg&name=large]

(01-13-2021, 04:55 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(01-13-2021, 04:47 PM)FBT Wrote: I don't think anyone is saying he's a guaranteed sure fire hall of famer, but let's be real.  How often has a player come out of college with this kind of generational player and he fell flat on his face?  Sure, it happens, but that kind of hype isn't something you hear about every year in the draft.  He's got a much better chance of being that guy than, say, Minshew.  You're absolutely right that he's not Luck or Manning.  His college stats are actually comparable to or even better than both of them.  And yes, I have watched him play.  He's a talented athlete.  He's a smart player.  He understands offenses, and more importantly, he can read defenses. He's as close to a sure thing as you'll ever see in the draft.  But, you have to build around him.  You can't expect to draft him and just throw him out there without adding pieces around him to improve the overall roster.

Oh yeah, what about Tebow?

Who?