Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trevor Lawrence (wolfys thoughts)

(01-13-2021, 05:48 PM)Brett Wrote: Tell me this picture doesn't make you feel all warm and tingly inside....

[Image: Erj-D5lXIAAneaA?format=jpg&name=large]

Not that there's anything wrong with that...
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-13-2021, 04:47 PM)FBT Wrote:
(01-12-2021, 04:57 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: I dont agree with most of this thread, but i do agree that its no sure thing. The only people who think Lawrence is a sure fire hall of famer
Are the people who listen to espn and havent actually watched his tape. Hes got potential but he isnt andrew luck or peyton manning, at least not yet.

I don't think anyone is saying he's a guaranteed sure fire hall of famer, but let's be real.  How often has a player come out of college with this kind of generational player and he fell flat on his face?  Sure, it happens, but that kind of hype isn't something you hear about every year in the draft.  He's got a much better chance of being that guy than, say, Minshew.  You're absolutely right that he's not Luck or Manning.  His college stats are actually comparable to or even better than both of them.  And yes, I have watched him play.  He's a talented athlete.  He's a smart player.  He understands offenses, and more importantly, he can read defenses. He's as close to a sure thing as you'll ever see in the draft.  But, you have to build around him.  You can't expect to draft him and just throw him out there without adding pieces around him to improve the overall roster.

They are saying this guy is a generational can't miss talent that only comes around once every 12 or so years (Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck, John Elway)
This doesn't mean that there won't be other players that end up as good (Aaron Rodgers, Mahomes, Farve, Brees, Montana, Brady) just that a generational talent has a very high probability of reaching it's potential whereas guys like Rodgers/Mahomes/Farve all had question marks coming into the draft)

(01-13-2021, 06:59 PM)Tank Commander Wrote:
(01-13-2021, 04:47 PM)FBT Wrote: I don't think anyone is saying he's a guaranteed sure fire hall of famer, but let's be real.  How often has a player come out of college with this kind of generational player and he fell flat on his face?  Sure, it happens, but that kind of hype isn't something you hear about every year in the draft.  He's got a much better chance of being that guy than, say, Minshew.  You're absolutely right that he's not Luck or Manning.  His college stats are actually comparable to or even better than both of them.  And yes, I have watched him play.  He's a talented athlete.  He's a smart player.  He understands offenses, and more importantly, he can read defenses. He's as close to a sure thing as you'll ever see in the draft.  But, you have to build around him.  You can't expect to draft him and just throw him out there without adding pieces around him to improve the overall roster.

They are saying this guy is a generational can't miss talent that only comes around once every 12 or so years (Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck, John Elway)
This doesn't mean that there won't be other players that end up as good (Aaron Rodgers, Mahomes, Farve, Brees, Montana, Brady) just that a generational talent has a very high probability of reaching it's potential whereas guys like Rodgers/Mahomes/Farve all had question marks coming into the draft)
Im just worried that its a bit of a stretch. Watch Luck or Peyton in college, you could just tell. Feel much more iffy on Trevor but god i hope hes the goat for us either way lol.

(01-14-2021, 05:10 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(01-13-2021, 06:59 PM)Tank Commander Wrote: They are saying this guy is a generational can't miss talent that only comes around once every 12 or so years (Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck, John Elway)
Im just worried that its a bit of a stretch. Watch Luck or Peyton in college, you could just tell. Feel much more iffy on Trevor but god i hope hes the goat for us either way lol.

Not Peyton or Elway (or Brady) most likely but he could be Luck or Big Ben. Hope so!
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

I will say that i watched him in the game with Ohio St for the first time (not huge on college football but slowly getting more intrigued)... and he didn't WOW me. Fields executed a lot better but i won't say he 'looked' better compared to TLaw.

That being said, i've heard the national media and everyone hyping him and i get excited... i see Urban talk about the 4 intangibles that TLaw has in a pre-game breakdown.

I do believe you draft him regardless... i sure would. just haven't watched actual 'see it for myself' tape that makes me feel he's the slam dunk.

(01-14-2021, 05:10 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(01-13-2021, 06:59 PM)Tank Commander Wrote: They are saying this guy is a generational can't miss talent that only comes around once every 12 or so years (Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck, John Elway)

Disagree.  Peyton couldn't win the big one in college.  Trevor went to 2 national championship games and one it all once.

Luck's issue was that he was running too much at Stanford. The wear and tear and injuries are what eventually caused him to retire.

However both still lived up to their potential at the pro level.

The only real issue I have with Trevor is that Dabo started running him alot because Trevor has some speed. But I believe that needs to stop as Trevor has a skinny body and we don't want him to become injured or PTSD'd like Carson Wentz.

Don't be surpised if Jags draft justin fields instead,or eeven the guy from BYU. who knows they could draft a qb no ones heard of too.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(This post was last modified: 01-18-2021, 06:47 PM by Jags.)

(01-18-2021, 06:44 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: Don't be surpised if Jags draft justin fields instead,or eeven the guy from BYU. who knows they could draft a qb no ones heard of too.

In the great words of Aaron Rodgers “R-E-L-A-X”

(01-18-2021, 06:44 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: Don't be surpised if Jags draft justin fields instead,or eeven the guy from BYU. who knows they could draft a qb no ones heard of too.

I think we take Leon Sandcastle

(01-18-2021, 06:49 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

I think we take Leon Sandcastle

Beat me to it.   +1 to you, good sir.

Wny don’t you like Trevor?
[img]blob:https://www.duvalpride.com/1a8a2498-9833-4b7d-8cc7-5e45aa36d9f6[/img][img=648x560]blob:https://www.duvalpride.com/cfd7a344-8206-4fed-a4c4-6536e150b1a7[/img]

They should probably trade up to get Mitch Trubitsky

Here we go  Confused

I expect this exact same post at least 15 more times before the draft.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(01-18-2021, 08:25 PM)Adub28 Wrote:

Wny don’t you like Trevor?

I'm not saying that because i don't like him. how many good qbs have jags passed up befrore ,a few.   I wouldn't even be surpised if jags end up tradeing the first pick. 

I hope im wrong.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(01-19-2021, 09:32 AM)snowwolf776 Wrote:
(01-18-2021, 08:25 PM)Adub28 Wrote: Wny don’t you like Trevor?

I'm not saying that because i don't like him. how many good qbs have jags passed up befrore ,a few.   I wouldn't even be surpised if jags end up tradeing the first pick. 

I hope im wrong.

You're definitely wrong.

From CBS Sportsline:

"Urban Meyer is now the Jags' new head coach and it's only a matter of time before Trevor Lawrence joins him in Jacksonville. And before you ask, no, there's no way -- none -- that Meyer thinks about Ohio State QB Justin Fields here."

(01-19-2021, 02:21 PM)RicoTx Wrote: From CBS Sportsline:

"Urban Meyer is now the Jags' new head coach and it's only a matter of time before Trevor Lawrence joins him in Jacksonville. And before you ask, no, there's no way -- none -- that Meyer thinks about Ohio State QB Justin Fields here."

This seems kind of useless unless Meyer said it.

(01-19-2021, 05:53 PM)Tank Commander Wrote:
(01-19-2021, 02:21 PM)RicoTx Wrote: From CBS Sportsline:

This seems kind of useless unless Meyer said it.

So you think he's not taking Lawrence then?

This “not taking Trevor” thing is getting a bit ridiculous.