Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Impeached and Acquitted Again

(01-13-2021, 09:42 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: The Senate is in recess until January 19th. There's no time for a hearing before he leaves office. Once he leaves office they have no standing to try or convict him.

What will be fascinating is seeing how the Dems try to impeach him on these charges in 2025.

That's up to the judgement of the Senate majority and John Roberts.
I think they do have such standing.  Even though removal is moot, barring him from holding office in the future is not.  They'll vote on that.  We shall see what the vote totals are.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

And it starts...

[Image: 165519-F2-4-BFD-4070-95-BC-FF34920522-DB.jpg]
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

[Image: 20210113-215634.jpg]

This is almost comical

"This week, top aides met with Trump to discuss his options going forward. Among those options was what a potential resignation would look like. The president asked questions about the process, but ultimately said such an option was a nonstarter, in part because he doesn't trust that Vice President Mike Pence will grant him a pardon."

Why not just pardon himself?  It was a widely-expected move anyway.
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

(01-14-2021, 12:19 AM)KodiakJag Wrote: This is almost comical

"This week, top aides met with Trump to discuss his options going forward. Among those options was what a potential resignation would look like. The president asked questions about the process, but ultimately said such an option was a nonstarter, in part because he doesn't trust that Vice President Mike Pence will grant him a pardon."

You believe this?

Pardon from what?

(01-14-2021, 12:29 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(01-14-2021, 12:19 AM)KodiakJag Wrote: This is almost comical

You believe this?

Pardon from what?

Pardon himself from hurting people's feelings..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(01-14-2021, 12:52 AM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(01-14-2021, 12:29 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: You believe this?

Pardon from what?

Pardon himself from hurting people's feelings..

It's almost as if these people NEED Trump so they have a boogeyman to keep their base rabid, unhinged,  and motivated.

(01-14-2021, 12:56 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(01-14-2021, 12:52 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: Pardon himself from hurting people's feelings..

It's almost as if these people NEED Trump so they have a boogeyman to keep their base rabid, unhinged,  and motivated.

It keeps them busy so they don't have to think about their own miserable little lives.

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(01-13-2021, 07:29 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: To me, this is just a giant waste of time and money. He's been impeached once and it did absolutely nothing! Impeaching him again will last into the next presidential term and he'll already be gone. I have come to the realization that impeachment is basically the equivalent of a traffic citation. What should've happened was the invocation of the 25th amendment, but Pence and the rest of the GOP once again put party before country. Now we've got a ticked off, loose cannon running the country. He has the launch codes and basically every right wing radical hanging on his every word.

Trump is crazy but he's not stupid. He may give the middle finger to the left, like literally, but I do not believe he would do anything catastrophic. The thing about those codes is they mean mutually assured destruction. No one is pushing any damn button. 

Republicans still in office sniffing the butts of Democrats to salvage their careers....they are politicians after all. It doesn't surprise me. Our elected officials cannot be trusted. None of them.

(01-14-2021, 12:56 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(01-14-2021, 12:52 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: Pardon himself from hurting people's feelings..

No. I preferred it when the "boogeyman" was foreign leaders. This just makes us look bad in the eyes of the rest of the world. It's not a good look for us.

(01-14-2021, 01:01 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(01-13-2021, 07:29 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: To me, this is just a giant waste of time and money. He's been impeached once and it did absolutely nothing! Impeaching him again will last into the next presidential term and he'll already be gone. I have come to the realization that impeachment is basically the equivalent of a traffic citation. What should've happened was the invocation of the 25th amendment, but Pence and the rest of the GOP once again put party before country. Now we've got a ticked off, loose cannon running the country. He has the launch codes and basically every right wing radical hanging on his every word.

Trump is crazy but he's not stupid. He may give the middle finger to the left, like literally, but I do not believe he would do anything catastrophic. The thing about those codes is they mean mutually assured destruction. No one is pushing any damn button. 

Republicans still in office sniffing the butts of Democrats to salvage their careers....they are politicians after all. It doesn't surprise me. Our elected officials cannot be trusted. None of them.
I agree and I still believe other members of the Trump family have certain aspirations, impeachment or not. He wouldn't muck that up. 

Besides, exactly who is he going to launch a missile at? The Capitol Building? Pelosi's vineyard?

(01-14-2021, 01:01 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote:

Agreed 100% which is why I am a registered Independent.

If the senate convicts, then that will be something. Thats a huge if. If that happened, then it would mean the republicans are kicking trump out for good

(01-14-2021, 12:56 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: It's almost as if these people NEED Trump so they have a boogeyman to keep their base rabid, unhinged,  and motivated.

[Image: OIP.7D9uZT-C2JuagLmygMHmfAHaHw?w=185&h=1...=5&pid=1.7]
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(01-14-2021, 09:00 AM)Sneakers Wrote:
(01-14-2021, 12:56 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: It's almost as if these people NEED Trump so they have a boogeyman to keep their base rabid, unhinged,  and motivated.

[Image: OIP.7D9uZT-C2JuagLmygMHmfAHaHw?w=185&h=1...=5&pid=1.7]

They'll start eating their own once things settle down. The hard left is making gains and trying to reestablish the definition of a mainstream democrat. It won't be long before accusations of racism start flying at fellow democrats because they don't support universal basic income and drastic wealth redistribution schemes.

So, Trump announces a big "Stop the Steal" rally for January 6, and invites his supporters to attend. As a result, thousands of "Proud Boys," Q-anon adherents, conspiracy theorists, white nationalists, neo-confederates, militia members, and various other far-right idiots show up in Washington DC, inflamed by right wing talk radio and ready to do whatever is necessary to "stop the steal."

At the rally, Trump tells the crowd that Mike Pence has the power to overturn the election "if he has the courage" (paraphrasing). And of course he tells them the same pack of lies he's been telling them for a couple of months about how the election was stolen, it was the biggest fraud in history, and they have to fight to save the country, and how they won't win with weakness, etc. Rudy Giuliani says we need "trial by combat."

Then Trump directs them to march on the Capitol.

And then, as if things weren't explosive enough, the crowd finds out Mike Pence has "betrayed" them and will not overturn the election. So the crowd, which was angry, and now is REALLY angry, goes right through the police barricades and into the Capitol, forcing the House and the Senate to flee for their lives. The world witnesses the United States Capitol building taken over by a bunch of thugs waving Trump banners, vandalizing the place, and forcing the United States Senate and the United States House of Representatives to flee for their lives. What an image to send out to the world.

No wonder the House and Senate are hopping mad, and angry enough to re-impeach the guy. Trump set up the rally, invited the participants to the site, harangued the crowd, lied to them about how Pence could overturn the election, and directed them to march on the Capitol.

And then he sat in the White House and watched it all for several hours without doing or saying anything.

Then he says he bears no responsibility for what happened!

(01-14-2021, 09:28 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: So, Trump announces a big "Stop the Steal" rally for January 6, and invites his supporters to attend.  As a result, thousands of "Proud Boys," Q-anon adherents, conspiracy theorists, white nationalists, neo-confederates, militia members, and various other far-right idiots show up in Washington DC, inflamed by right wing talk radio and ready to do whatever is necessary to "stop the steal."

At the rally, Trump tells the crowd that Mike Pence has the power to overturn the election "if he has the courage" (paraphrasing).   And of course he tells them the same pack of lies he's been telling them for a couple of months about how the election was stolen, it was the biggest fraud in history, and they have to fight to save the country, and how they won't win with weakness, etc.  Rudy Giuliani says we need "trial by combat."  

And then, as if things weren't explosive enough, the crowd finds out Mike Pence has "betrayed" them and will not overturn the election.  So the crowd, which was angry, and now is REALLY angry, goes right through the police barricades and into the Capitol, forcing the House and the Senate to flee for their lives.  The world witnesses the United States Capitol building taken over by a bunch of thugs waving Trump banners, vandalizing the place, and forcing the United States Senate and the United States House of Representatives to flee for their lives.  What an image to send out to the world.  

No wonder the House and Senate are hopping mad, and angry enough to re-impeach the guy.  Trump set up the rally, invited the participants to the site, harangued the crowd, lied to them about how Pence could overturn the election, and directed them to march on the Capitol.  

And then he sat in the White House and watched it all for several hours without doing or saying anything.  

Is this a diary entry?

(01-14-2021, 09:32 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(01-14-2021, 09:28 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: So, Trump announces a big "Stop the Steal" rally for January 6, and invites his supporters to attend.  As a result, thousands of "Proud Boys," Q-anon adherents, conspiracy theorists, white nationalists, neo-confederates, militia members, and various other far-right idiots show up in Washington DC, inflamed by right wing talk radio and ready to do whatever is necessary to "stop the steal."

At the rally, Trump tells the crowd that Mike Pence has the power to overturn the election "if he has the courage" (paraphrasing).   And of course he tells them the same pack of lies he's been telling them for a couple of months about how the election was stolen, it was the biggest fraud in history, and they have to fight to save the country, and how they won't win with weakness, etc.  Rudy Giuliani says we need "trial by combat."  

And then, as if things weren't explosive enough, the crowd finds out Mike Pence has "betrayed" them and will not overturn the election.  So the crowd, which was angry, and now is REALLY angry, goes right through the police barricades and into the Capitol, forcing the House and the Senate to flee for their lives.  The world witnesses the United States Capitol building taken over by a bunch of thugs waving Trump banners, vandalizing the place, and forcing the United States Senate and the United States House of Representatives to flee for their lives.  What an image to send out to the world.  

No wonder the House and Senate are hopping mad, and angry enough to re-impeach the guy.  Trump set up the rally, invited the participants to the site, harangued the crowd, lied to them about how Pence could overturn the election, and directed them to march on the Capitol.  

Is this a diary entry?

Just stating what I think are the relevant facts that we need to keep in mind.  

He built a metaphorical bomb, lit the fuse, and took no responsibility for the resulting explosion.

(01-14-2021, 09:40 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(01-14-2021, 09:32 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Is this a diary entry?

Just stating what I think are the relevant facts that we need to keep in mind.  

He built a metaphorical bomb, lit the fuse, and took no responsibility for the resulting explosion.

[Image: ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.reactiongifs.com%2Fr...f=1&nofb=1]

(01-14-2021, 04:07 AM)captivating Wrote:
(01-13-2021, 10:20 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: And it starts...

[Image: 165519-F2-4-BFD-4070-95-BC-FF34920522-DB.jpg]

Another idiot who loves posing with a AR-15 style rifle.

You mean assault rifle? Isn't that what AR stands for to you people?