Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NBA 2020-2021 Season thread *****Official******

(06-25-2021, 10:32 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(06-25-2021, 10:10 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Anyone notice that the 2 players that became head cases were top pics in Philly?  Their fanbase is toxic for those that may have some mental weaknesses.  Heck, even Carson Wentz started sucking there.

Who else is the 'head case'?

He meant Ben Simmons for 76ers and Wentz for the Eagles.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(06-25-2021, 10:38 AM)rpr52121 Wrote:
(06-25-2021, 10:32 AM)RicoTx Wrote: Who else is the 'head case'?

He meant Ben Simmons for 76ers and Wentz for the Eagles.

I don't think you are correct.  

I'm going to guess that he's referring to Markelle Fultz.  But a lot of his issues were injury related...besides just being a really bad pick at #1 overall.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 06-28-2021, 02:04 PM by HandsomeRob86.)

(06-24-2021, 09:30 AM)Jag88 Wrote: ^^ Absolutely, I like seeing someone new winning it. I've been enjoying the hawks runs and the suns look legit.

Been rooting for the suns from the beginning of playoffs. While I do think they have benefited from injuries the only ones I see as series changing was AD for the Lakers. Course Kawhi for the clippers is a huge lose however I think the suns would have won anyway. On the East side, every team has been weaker than expected mostly due to injuries. I expect the suns to win out at this point, will be a great deal for CP3. He is a guy who has been a great player for a long time. Also it’s great that the Suns can win a championship. Maybe they can retain the guys they drafted and change the bolting around in FA trend of NBA.

I have to say tho, I think I was right about the nets for the wrong reason. Even tho they were bounced in the second round like I thought they would be they were good enough to come out of the East if not for injuries. At this point I have a hard time believing they will be able to put consistent runs together. It’s not chemistry or lack of defense (although they are not good there), it’s really the fact that their main players have a ton of miles on them and are breaking down. Like GS, the players are still good, but it’s hard to have them all uninjured at the same time.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(06-25-2021, 10:55 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(06-25-2021, 10:38 AM)rpr52121 Wrote: He meant Ben Simmons for 76ers and Wentz for the Eagles.

I'm going to guess that he's referring to Markelle Fultz.  But a lot of his issues were injury related...besides just being a really bad pick at #1 overall.

Fultz is turning into a decent role player on the Magic. He is never gonna be the super smooth shooter he looked like before the draft IMO, but he may become serviceable, and that would be enough to keep him in the league. 

Simmons OTH, I don’t know what you do with him. Has to traded for a guy who can shoot IMO. Please not to the Magic, we have enough players who can’t hit a barns from 10 feet out.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(06-28-2021, 02:07 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote:
(06-25-2021, 10:55 AM)RicoTx Wrote: I don't think you are correct.  

Fultz is turning into a decent role player on the Magic. He is never gonna be the super smooth shooter he looked like before the draft IMO, but he may become serviceable, and that would be enough to keep him in the league. 

Simmons OTH, I don’t know what you do with him. Has to traded for a guy who can shoot IMO. Please not to the Magic, we have enough players who can’t hit a barns from 10 feet out.
I don’t think he goes that route. Magic may have some draft capital but I’ve heard a few talking about GS as being a destination. Haven’t given it a ton of thought but they seem like a team who could have a guard who can’t score but can play good D and move the rock around. The magic would be a death sentence.

(This post was last modified: 06-30-2021, 08:25 PM by Jagsfan32277.)

Who saw that knee bend backward. It was sick.

(This post was last modified: 07-01-2021, 12:37 AM by mal234.)

(06-23-2021, 05:39 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: I watch it pretty closely. There have been some good series/games so far; but all the injuries have put a damper on the league overall.

But I'd be okay with any of the teams left winning it. At least, they are all new teams instead usual crowd.

(06-24-2021, 09:30 AM)Jag88 Wrote: ^^ Absolutely, I like seeing someone new winning it. I've been enjoying the hawks runs and the suns look legit.

I'm glad there are new teams in it as well. I'm happy that the Suns advanced to the finals tonight. Monty Williams is a great coach and a really nice guy. I also really like Devin Booker and Deandre Ayton, they are two hard working, talented, young stars. They have really come into their own the last couple of years. Chris Paul has done a nice job of aiding their development. Chris Paul isn't liked by everyone especially older players, but he has been a good mentor to young players and they have taken to him well. The young OKC Thunder team did and so have the young Suns. Devin and Deandre really seem to love him and mentioned one reason they wanted to advance to the finals was because of Chris. They know how important it is for him to make a finals especially given how long he's been in the league. They largely wanted to make one because of him and they worked hard to help get him there. Chris was excellent tonight in this closeout game for the Suns.

I think they could win the finals, regardless of which Eastern Conference team advances. Also, I am glad that Giannis didn't have any structural damage, though I'm not sure if he will be back during these playoffs. I wouldn't be upset if the Hawks advanced to the finals. They are a hard working young team that is also well-coached. Both of them and the Suns have some old school qualities to them that I really appreciate watching.

(This post was last modified: 07-01-2021, 01:03 AM by HandsomeRob86.)

I am very happy to see some fresh blood in the finals. Good for CP3. Nice close out game.

(06-30-2021, 08:24 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Who saw that knee bend backward.   It was sick.

I avoided the replay on purpose. I think Giannis might be done for playoffs even if its not a tear. I would be shocked if he wasn't at least hobbled by it.

Who saw that Beverly push on Chris Paul.

As westbrook said, he tricked ya'll, just running around doing nothing

I like Paul. I like what he's encouraging with that young team. The Suns needed someone to show those young guys how to play as a team. I have really enjoyed watching them come together as a team.

(06-25-2021, 10:55 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(06-25-2021, 10:38 AM)rpr52121 Wrote: He meant Ben Simmons for 76ers and Wentz for the Eagles.

Yes, I was referring to Simmons and Fultz.

Suns vs bucks. At least it's two new teams. The suns look super excited to win the west. The bucks were more relaxed about winning the east. This should be a good finals