Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Urban Meyer Hired. It's official!

(01-14-2021, 08:06 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: I don't like it but I don't hate it. I am more worried about the GM  position though.

For what it's worth and from the pundits on The NFL Network are saying, they're going to an experienced GM, but Meyer is going to have the most to say about the hire..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-14-2021, 07:43 PM)hb1148 Wrote: Urban Meyer new Jags HC.

Full disclosure:  Meyer coached the two college teams that I root against no matter who their opponent is:  Florida and Ohio State.  My opinion on choosing him over the other candidates is publicly stated in other threads.

But like the orcs lining up before Guldan in front of the Dark Portal, I choose the drink the green teal Kool-Aid.  Go Jags!

He's our coach.  Let's see how he leads.
[Image: giphy.gif]

(01-14-2021, 08:07 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: Just hope Eric B or Saleh dont have more success wherever their future takes them as a HC hire.  Hope the media an hype is correct for once.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Keep in mind, we went 1-15 last season.  So don’t expect AFCCG next year.

(01-14-2021, 08:01 PM)Dimson Wrote: So who's the GM? Please don't say Baalke.
Hope not, but Urbz is suppose to be the next belichek n gets who he wants.

Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

So we still have a Bologna for a coach in Meyer? Or no?

(01-14-2021, 08:08 PM)Jags Wrote:
(01-14-2021, 08:07 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: Just hope Eric B or Saleh dont have more success wherever their future takes them as a HC hire.  Hope the media an hype is correct for once.

Keep in mind, we went 1-15 last season.  So don’t expect AFCCG next year.
Lmao. i havent expected that since the offseason moves after 17. Im just hoping im extremely wrong about my feelings on this and he is everything and hopefully then some. Rarely happens but im not going anywhere so why mope around.

Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

(01-14-2021, 08:05 PM)Jags Wrote:
(01-14-2021, 08:04 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: You takin pics of me again?

HB gave me advice on a telescope.  You’re just across the river.  So, when I see stuff I snap the pic.  What can I say?

How dare you abuse my advice. 
I use my telescope knowledge to take heavenly pictures, such as BB riding the gold jaguar like a drugstore pony.   Banana

It's time to stop eating bologna sandwiches and start dreaming about the urban legend

Lawrence and Meyer.... the media is gonna be so pro jags it’s unreal. Perception is about to 180

(This post was last modified: 01-14-2021, 08:19 PM by Jags.)

(01-14-2021, 08:14 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(01-14-2021, 08:05 PM)Jags Wrote: HB gave me advice on a telescope.  You’re just across the river.  So, when I see stuff I snap the pic.  What can I say?

How dare you abuse my advice. 
I use my telescope knowledge to take heavenly pictures, such as BB riding the gold jaguar like a drugstore pony.   Banana

The advice was much appreciated.  I use it for good and evil.  I’ll post a pic of bunny on the pony if it makes it all good.

(01-14-2021, 08:12 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote:
(01-14-2021, 08:08 PM)Jags Wrote: Keep in mind, we went 1-15 last season.  So don’t expect AFCCG next year.
Lmao.  i havent expected that since the offseason moves after 17.  Im just hoping im extremely wrong about my feelings on this and he is everything and hopefully then some.  Rarely happens but im not going anywhere so why mope around.

I’ve got my reservations as well.  Time will tell.  Hoping the best (like every year).

(This post was last modified: 01-14-2021, 08:25 PM by Jags.)

[Image: tenor.gif][img=220x239]blob:https://www.duvalpride.com/196c8e22-7aa0-428b-8b70-405685de05bf[/img]

Here ya go.  

Back on topic, my new bologna has a first name, it’s U-R-B-A-N.

One thing I’m excited about is seeing how Urban utilizes Laviska.

The players (on Twitter) seem excited aswell, which is good

(This post was last modified: 01-14-2021, 08:29 PM by Jags.)

You think the players will be calling the new play book the “urban dictionary”?

I wonder what he calls the “double A gap blitz”.

Leyer...great, just great.

(01-14-2021, 08:26 PM)Ordar Wrote: The players (on Twitter) seem excited aswell, which is good

That’s a plus.  What are they saying?  Can you post it?

First of all Welcome to Duval Myer.    secondely everyone please read this post carefully, and fully.

some things that worry me about him. 1.  his health    2. the inexpirence he has in the NFL as a HC. Major difference between college ,and NFL.

a few things things that excite me he can be a firey coach if needed, hes also the type of coach that will get onto players who are not preforming at a top level.  He has had succes building teams up even though it was college. 

again major difference between college, and nfl.   what i like the most though is hes not a loseing coach jags hired in the nfl.  his record is 0-0.

I don't know if he will succed or not in nfl. I hope he does. i think its a mistake to hire someone with no nfl  expirence, but maybe  he will prove me wrong.   I will be at sports bar later this year though watching games with my dad.

Hopefully hes just as firey in the NFL as he was in college.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

Wasn't my first choice but I'm all in now. It's great to be excited again. Go Jags!

(01-14-2021, 08:30 PM)IndestructibleJag Wrote: https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1...1849420800
Ew. That’s terrible. He never seemed to adjust.

But whatever. ALL ABORD.