Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Elite staff

(This post was last modified: 01-15-2021, 10:04 PM by Tank Commander.)

(01-15-2021, 01:21 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: So just curious why would a recently fired NFL HC or a somewhat respected NFL OC/DC from a different team take a position under a new HC with no NFL experience? It just feels like a major ego/power struggle waiting to happen.

I would figure most of the staff will be up and comers or people who are a few leaps away from being the big splash OC/DC hires.

Ron Rivera has Jack Del Rio as DC.  Filled in for him when Rivera had his cancer treatments.

I think the only ones who would have an ego are maybe people under Adam Gase level HCs.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I get why everyone has love for McCardell obviously I loved him as a player too, but I don't think there is much evidence that he is a great WR coach.

(01-15-2021, 10:15 PM)Upper Wrote: I get why everyone has love for McCardell obviously I loved him as a player too, but I don't think there is much evidence that he is a great WR coach.

I disagree, i like what he has done with Chark, Cole, Laviska, Johnson etc.  I think those players have done very good with what they have had to work with.  Since he has became the WR coach i think there has been a good bit of evidence that he is a good WRs coach

(01-15-2021, 10:32 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-15-2021, 10:15 PM)Upper Wrote: I get why everyone has love for McCardell obviously I loved him as a player too, but I don't think there is much evidence that he is a great WR coach.

I disagree, i like what he has done with Chark, Cole, Laviska, Johnson etc.  I think those players have done very good with what they have had to work with.  Since he has became the WR coach i think there has been a good bit of evidence that he is a good WRs coach

It's hard to say since we had subpar QBs, but it's a very meh group since Chark didn't make the leap to bonafide WR1 that we all hoped for.

(01-15-2021, 11:01 PM)Upper Wrote:
(01-15-2021, 10:32 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I disagree, i like what he has done with Chark, Cole, Laviska, Johnson etc.  I think those players have done very good with what they have had to work with.  Since he has became the WR coach i think there has been a good bit of evidence that he is a good WRs coach

It's hard to say since we had subpar QBs, but it's a very meh group since Chark didn't make the leap to bonafide WR1 that we all hoped for.

Just because we all hoped for Chark to be a bonafied WR1 and he hasnt been doesnt mean Keenan hasnt done a good job, I like Chark but im not sure he is a bonafide WR 1 elite WR.  I think Viska is going to be the guy this year and break out but I think they all will improve with better QB play, but I dont think it really is hard to say the job Keenan has done with these guys. I dont think many other WR coaches in the league would have gotten more out of this group the last 3 years than Keenan has.

(01-15-2021, 11:01 PM)Upper Wrote:
(01-15-2021, 10:32 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I disagree, i like what he has done with Chark, Cole, Laviska, Johnson etc.  I think those players have done very good with what they have had to work with.  Since he has became the WR coach i think there has been a good bit of evidence that he is a good WRs coach

Yea i kind of agree i like keenan and all.  I dont see any real evidence he is a great coach.  Cole fell off under him.  Chark doesnt attack the ball as he should at times.  The wrs dont always make a play as in coming back for the ball.  I am good with or without him.

Our WRs were running wide open every week, our QBs have just been trash. It's amazing the numbers they were able to put up with this awful QB play.

Keenan is the only coach that should be retained.

(01-16-2021, 12:04 AM)surfon Wrote:
(01-15-2021, 11:01 PM)Upper Wrote: It's hard to say since we had subpar QBs, but it's a very meh group since Chark didn't make the leap to bonafide WR1 that we all hoped for.
Yea i kind of agree i like keenan and all.  I dont see any real evidence he is a great coach.  Cole fell off under him.  Chark doesnt attack the ball as he should at times.  The wrs dont always make a play as in coming back for the ball.  I am good with or without him.

Keenan is being slept on. In 2017 he lost Allen Robinson and Allen Hurns, he made Lee look good enough to get a 10 mil aav extension, Cole and westbrook broke out under him. Charks development going into his 2nd year actually extending his arms and not body catching everything. The overall route running has improved for all WRs on the team. 

Hes a terriffic WR coach and should be retained
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

(01-16-2021, 04:13 AM)Firesky Wrote:
(01-16-2021, 12:04 AM)surfon Wrote: Yea i kind of agree i like keenan and all.  I dont see any real evidence he is a great coach.  Cole fell off under him.  Chark doesnt attack the ball as he should at times.  The wrs dont always make a play as in coming back for the ball.  I am good with or without him.

Keenan is being slept on. In 2017 he lost Allen Robinson and Allen Hurns, he made Lee look good enough to get a 10 mil aav extension, Cole and westbrook broke out under him. Charks development going into his 2nd year actually extending his arms and not body catching everything. The overall route running has improved for all WRs on the team. 

Hes a terriffic WR coach and should be retained

Completely he more than deserves to be kept
On.

People are talking like we drafted 3 top 10 pick receivers. We didn’t, they’re all 2nd round or lower - sorry DJ Chark isn’t Julio Jones at his prime.

(01-16-2021, 01:20 AM)MJonesD_32 Wrote: Keenan is the only coach that should be retained.

Robiskie

It looks like Urban is grooming Charlie Strong to be his successor.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

(01-15-2021, 04:13 PM)Norman Mushari Wrote:
(01-15-2021, 04:06 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote: I'd be happy with Morris or Phillips.

The cigarette guy?

I see whatcha did there.

Cant wait to see who are the picks for staff

Is this the same Joe Cullen who was here before?

(01-16-2021, 11:48 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Is this the same Joe Cullen who was here before?

It is. I remember nothing about him though.

(01-16-2021, 10:48 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: We're going to the University of Jacksonville Jaguars.

Reports: Ryan Stamper Leaving Ohio State to Join Urban Meyer's Jaguars' Staff; Charlie Strong Also Joining - Sports Illustrated Jacksonville Jaguars News, Analysis and More

Can we get a marching band?  It would be so great to have a marching band.

(01-16-2021, 12:21 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(01-16-2021, 10:48 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: We're going to the University of Jacksonville Jaguars.

Reports: Ryan Stamper Leaving Ohio State to Join Urban Meyer's Jaguars' Staff; Charlie Strong Also Joining - Sports Illustrated Jacksonville Jaguars News, Analysis and More

Can we get a marching band?  It would be so great to have a marching band.

We have cheerleaders, why not?