Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What’s next for Watson?

(02-19-2021, 01:03 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(02-19-2021, 11:30 AM)Tank Commander Wrote: So we're basically in agreement that he isn't a top 5, elite QB or generational talent?

Then why are we arguing?

Because of your many other ridiculous statements.

It's a consensus then.  Watson is not top 5, not elite or a generational talent.
The experts have spoken.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-19-2021, 01:26 PM)Tank Commander Wrote:
(02-19-2021, 01:03 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Because of your many other ridiculous statements.

It's a consensus then.  Watson is not top 5, not elite or a generational talent.
The experts have spoken.
Well no.

Watson is a top 5 talent at the QB position in the NFL. This is the only place where people are still butt hurt because he A)beat their Alabama squad in the national title game or B)hate him because he is a division opponent.

IMO, Mahomes is the best QB in the league followed by some assortment of Wilson/Watson/Rodgers.

(02-19-2021, 01:32 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(02-19-2021, 01:26 PM)Tank Commander Wrote: It's a consensus then.  Watson is not top 5, not elite or a generational talent.
The experts have spoken.
Well no.

Watson is a top 5 talent at the QB position in the NFL. This is the only place where people are still butt hurt because he A)beat their Alabama squad in the national title game or B)hate him because he is a division opponent.

IMO, Mahomes is the best QB in the league followed by some assortment of Wilson/Watson/Rodgers.

Disagree.  Not elite and not top 5.  He still doesn't have the body of work or the winning success which makes him a huge risk to gamble on.

He's paid the third highest, but that's just Houston's idiocy (same with the Rams with Goff)
And that's another red flag trading for him because he's gonna eat up so much cap space. If it doesn't work out for him then the team traded not only the farm for him but are stuck with his balloon contract.

(02-19-2021, 01:59 PM)Tank Commander Wrote:
(02-19-2021, 01:32 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Well no.

Disagree.  Not elite and not top 5.  He still doesn't have the body of work or the winning success which makes him a huge risk to gamble on.

He's paid the third highest, but that's just Houston's idiocy (same with the Rams with Goff)
And that's another red flag trading for him because he's gonna eat up so much cap space. If it doesn't work out for him then the team traded not only the farm for him but are stuck with his balloon contract.

2 yrs/$45M is what the trading team is required to pay. The rest of his contract is not guaranteed. He can be cut (unlikely), traded (plausible, but still unlikely) or renegotiate his deal to make it cap friendlier once the guarantees are gone. In the short run, he's not a huge cap hit. That will contribute to his value, though, as a cap-strapped team can bring him in for only $10M against this year's cap.

Carolina just cleared cap space.

I could see them go after Watson just to sell tickets in a coming back home market.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/3092...tre-boston

(02-19-2021, 01:59 PM)Tank Commander Wrote:
(02-19-2021, 01:32 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Well no.

Hard to understand how someone can be as blind as you apparently are.

(02-23-2021, 08:13 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(02-19-2021, 01:59 PM)Tank Commander Wrote: Disagree.  Not elite and not top 5.  He still doesn't have the body of work or the winning success which makes him a huge risk to gamble on.

Well have to wait and see.
I doubt he makes the hall of fame.

(02-23-2021, 02:30 PM)Tank Commander Wrote:
(02-23-2021, 08:13 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Hard to understand how someone can be as blind as you apparently are.

Well have to wait and see.
I doubt he makes the hall of fame.
If his trajectory and course stays the same, I guarantee he makes it.

Also, the HOF is kind of a joke anyway. Joe Namath is in there and he’s terrible.

(02-23-2021, 08:13 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(02-19-2021, 01:59 PM)Tank Commander Wrote: Disagree.  Not elite and not top 5.  He still doesn't have the body of work or the winning success which makes him a huge risk to gamble on.

If it's anything like me... I watch Watson and just laugh... 'cause I imagine him in the 90s and all I see is a loser.

(This post was last modified: 02-24-2021, 11:48 PM by JagsorDie.)

Plot twist.... Texas teams swap qb’s.... lol I’m joking but how good would the cowboys be with Watson. I mean their division is absolute trash but I would say they may be a legit contender in the NFC... Stephen A would lose his mind.

(02-24-2021, 11:47 PM)JagsorDie Wrote: Plot twist.... Texas teams swap qb’s.... lol I’m joking but how good would the cowboys be with Watson. I mean their division is absolute trash but I would say they may be a legit contender in the NFC... Stephen A would lose his mind.

That's actually not a bad idea. It would be an even swap.

(02-25-2021, 12:35 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(02-24-2021, 11:47 PM)JagsorDie Wrote: Plot twist.... Texas teams swap qb’s.... lol I’m joking but how good would the cowboys be with Watson. I mean their division is absolute trash but I would say they may be a legit contender in the NFC... Stephen A would lose his mind.

That's actually not a bad idea. It would be an even swap.

Dak Prescott is a good QB, but Deshaun Watson is much better.

(02-25-2021, 06:36 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(02-25-2021, 12:35 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: That's actually not a bad idea. It would be an even swap.

Not to mention that the tinhorns would basically be eating Watson's dead money and then paying tag money to Dak, without a clue as to whether his injury is going to affect his game. No, wait. Come to think of it, this is a PHENOMENAL deal, tinhorns! Please do this!

(This post was last modified: 02-25-2021, 04:53 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(02-25-2021, 06:36 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(02-25-2021, 12:35 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: That's actually not a bad idea. It would be an even swap.

I think their pretty close.

(02-25-2021, 09:24 AM):DMikey Wrote:
(02-25-2021, 06:36 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Dak Prescott is a good QB, but Deshaun Watson is much better.

Not to mention that the tinhorns would basically be eating Watson's dead money and then paying tag money to Dak, without a clue as to whether his injury is going to affect his game. No, wait. Come to think of it, this is a PHENOMENAL deal, tinhorns! Please do this!

If only BoB was still there  Big Grin

(02-25-2021, 04:47 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://twitter.com/DanGrazianoESPN/stat...64461?s=19

What a Diva.

(02-27-2021, 06:10 AM)Tank Commander Wrote:
(02-25-2021, 04:47 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://twitter.com/DanGrazianoESPN/stat...64461?s=19

What a Diva.

Knowing what I know about what is going on with the Texans, I don't blame the guy at all.  That is a sinking ship and he would waste his career there.

(02-27-2021, 08:03 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(02-27-2021, 06:10 AM)Tank Commander Wrote: What a Diva.

Knowing what I know about what is going on with the Texans, I don't blame the guy at all.  That is a sinking ship and he would waste his career there.

Agreed. It's hard to comprehend how one guy (Jack Easterby) can totally blow up, what started to become a good franchise. Until they cut the "cancer" out of the front office, they are gonna continue to be a terrible organization.

(02-27-2021, 10:56 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(02-27-2021, 08:03 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Knowing what I know about what is going on with the Texans, I don't blame the guy at all.  That is a sinking ship and he would waste his career there.

Agreed. It's hard to comprehend how one guy (Jack Easterby) can totally blow up, what started to become a good franchise. Until they cut the "cancer" out of the front office, they are gonna continue to be a terrible organization.

Cal McNair and the Subtle Art of Being an Elite Failson

"Nepotism has failed the Houston Texans."