Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What in the world

https://twitter.com/colecubelic/status/1...1_&ref_url=

how do you do from an NFL head coach down to the college ranks as an ASSISTANT???

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-19-2021, 06:48 AM)paksat Wrote: https://twitter.com/colecubelic/status/1...1_&ref_url=

how do you do from an NFL head coach down to the college ranks as an ASSISTANT???

Go 1-15

What I want to know is why is Doug trying to find a job so quickly? How many mil a year did he pull down while coaching here? It seems enough to at least take it easy for a year.

He's going back to "coaching grad school" with Saban. Not a bad career move.
[Image: giphy.gif]

(This post was last modified: 01-19-2021, 07:57 AM by The Real Marty.)

(01-19-2021, 06:48 AM)paksat Wrote: https://twitter.com/colecubelic/status/1...1_&ref_url=

The man loves coaching.  He's made a lot of money in the NFL.   He doesn't want to sit on his hands next year.  College coaching salaries are catching up to NFL salaries.   Maybe this is his entry point into college coaching and he's hoping to get a college head coaching job in a few years.

Good for him, nothing wrong with that.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

HCs go back to coordinators or even position coaches when their HC stint comes to an end all the time. And going from the NFL to Alabama isn’t necessarily that big of a leap. I was neither surprised nor did I perceive this move as some sort of moment of shame for Doug. If anything, this signifies to me his interest in being an HC again somewhere (nfl or college) and wanting to continue working toward that end by doing what he knows best (coaching the Oline) in a program known for getting plucked by other teams for their coordinators and position coaches. Good for him.

Can you imagine going to a college team that has more talent than your NFL team?

(01-19-2021, 09:14 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Can you imagine going to a college team that has more talent than your NFL team?

No, because that is impossible.  There is no college team anywhere, any time, that has even half the talent of the very worst NFL team.

(This post was last modified: 01-19-2021, 09:33 AM by The_Franchise_QB.)

Could think of plenty of reasons but mainly:

1. Learn to coach.
2. Relearn (or maybe just learn?) the fundamentals of offensive line.
3. Have the #1 offensive line on resume for years to come from the college ranks proving his superior coaching skills only so Con can rehire the Bolognz.

(This post was last modified: 01-19-2021, 11:35 AM by Dimson.)

Nick Saban has hired many failed head coaches. They go their, rehab their career and get new HC gigs. I wouldn't be surprised to see Doug get a new HC gig in college in 2 to 3 years.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(01-19-2021, 09:42 AM)Dimson Wrote: Nick Saban has hired many failed had coaches. They go their, rehab their career and get new HC gigs. I wouldn't be surprised to see Doug get a new HC gig in college in 2 to 3 years.

Yep, he'll do two years in Tuscaloosa, then bounce to an FIU-type school then maybe get a low end major program like Tennessee, Arizona, or Michigan State and probably do pretty well there. He seems like a guy college kids would want to play for if he can start sending his kids to the pros.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Wash may have to go back to defensive coach for a pop warner team

(01-19-2021, 08:47 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: HCs go back to coordinators or even position coaches when their HC stint comes to an end all the time.  And going from the NFL to Alabama isn’t necessarily that big of a leap.  I was neither surprised nor did I perceive this move as some sort of moment of shame for Doug.  If anything, this signifies to me his interest in being an HC again somewhere (nfl or college) and wanting to continue working toward that end by doing what he knows best (coaching the Oline) in a program known for getting plucked by other teams for their coordinators and position coaches.  Good for him.

It's literally almost the exact same move he made after leaving the Bills HC job. He went from Bills HC to Jags OL Coach/Asst. HC. 

Going to Alabama means he'd get a shot to get a National Championship Ring, and then improve his chances to get another OC/HC opportunity at a premier School or back in the NFL
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

(01-19-2021, 07:13 AM)I am Yoda Wrote: He's going back to "coaching grad school" with Saban.  Not a bad career move.

Yeah... He'll get another shot somewhere in 3 years once Saban has revitalized his career
Bama is coach rehab for sure.

(01-19-2021, 09:42 AM)Dimson Wrote: Nick Saban has hired many failed head coaches. They go their, rehab their career and get new HC gigs. I wouldn't be surprised to see Doug get a new HC gig in college in 2 to 3 years.
^^^^this.