Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Free Agent wish list

I'll go by position. And some of these may not be realistic but I'm using Spotrac's free agent list so it should be current. And I wouldn't expect us to go after this many just listing who I'd like from positions available.
WR: Either or both of Keelan Cole and Will Fuller. We'll be losing Conley and Westbrook leaving just Chark, Viska, and Johnson. Mostly unproven and young. And cheap, we can spend some mid level bucks on a FA WR.
TE: Henry or Hollister, maybe even take a flier on a guy like Mo Alie Cox. Eifert won't be re-signed, neither with James O I don't think. Need more than just Oliver here.
S: Sorenson, Neal, maybe Hooker or Mills
QB: Fitzpatrick is the only free agent QB I'd mess with personally. If he signs somewhere else I'm keeping Minshew, keep the QB room cheap for a few years.
Free agent DL and LB are very dependent on what type of defense coach plans to run, without knowing I can't even speculate. But there are some intriguing names at rush backer if we switch to 34.
LT: Williams or Okung would be nice for a rookie QB to have.
CB I'd like to re-sign Sidney Jones. Otherwise Rhodes would be a great signing. Ronald Darby also had a good year.
Corey Linsley free agent C for Green Bay is interesting too. If we wanted to either move on from oft-injured Linder or maybe slide Linder to G and release Cann and/or Norwell.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-20-2021, 08:01 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(01-20-2021, 07:50 PM)HolsterHusto Wrote: With what money? The Saints are 100M in the hole. I’d gladly take Hendrickson and Marcus Williams from the Saints since they won’t be able to afford either.

I’ve read that New Orleans might not even be able to keep Ryan Ramczyk long term. I’d seriously consider offering a high draft pick to them for Ramczyk and move him back to LT.

I would easily give up a first and a 3rd round pick, if that's what it took to get Ramczyk. I wanted to draft him instead Leonard Fournette. People said I was stupid, because he could have been had much later in the draft, but just look at him. He's an All-Pro OT. I'd take him in a heartbeat.

(01-20-2021, 07:53 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Trent Williams can't be franchised by the 49ers..

I didn't know that. I did read where the Niners are scrambling to try and get him re-signed before free agency and he apparently wants to stay in San Francisco.

I found a couple of articles discussing this from a 9ers perspective:

https://ninernoise.com/2021/01/20/sf-49e...illiams/5/

https://ninerswire.usatoday.com/2021/01/...-williams/

I say go get him!

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(01-21-2021, 11:04 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(01-20-2021, 08:01 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I would easily give up a first and a 3rd round pick, if that's what it took to get Ramczyk. I wanted to draft him instead Leonard Fournette. People said I was stupid, because he could have been had much later in the draft, but just look at him. He's an All-Pro OT. I'd take him in a heartbeat.

I didn't know that. I did read where the Niners are scrambling to try and get him re-signed before free agency and he apparently wants to stay in San Francisco.

I found a couple of articles discussing this from a 9ers perspective:

https://ninernoise.com/2021/01/20/sf-49e...illiams/5/

https://ninerswire.usatoday.com/2021/01/...-williams/

I say go get him!
Great read. Thanks for finding these.

Two years of guaranteed 30M AAV and two years of unguaranteed 20M AAV for Trent Williams sounds like something we should definitely try.

At LT, I would franchise Cam and draft a player to compete with him.
I do see the merits of bringing in Trent Williams to protect the rookies blindside and it is a viable option.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

We have to pick up one of the safeties available. I like Simmons and if he does hit the market we may have to pay a bit more but seems worth it.

I like Hunter Henry but he has struggled to stay healthy. Wouldnt break the bank for him and i like the Niners 3rd choice TE, Ross Dwelley. Maybe see if hes available for a mid to late pick.

But i still think we will add a WR. Smith-Schuster, Golladay, A-Rob, Godwin, how many actually hit the market im not sure and i wouldnt break the bank for any but we need to add some weapons on O.

(01-21-2021, 12:45 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: We have to pick up one of the safeties available. I like Simmons and if he does hit the market we may have to pay a bit more but seems worth it.

I like Hunter Henry but he has struggled to stay healthy. Wouldnt break the bank for him and i like the Niners 3rd choice TE, Ross Dwelley. Maybe see if hes available for a mid to late pick.

But i still think we will add a WR. Smith-Schuster, Golladay, A-Rob, Godwin, how many actually hit the market im not sure and i wouldnt break the bank for any but we need to add some weapons on O.

Safety is one of the deepest positions in free agency. I'd be shocked if the Jaguars don't end up signing one of them. The wide receiver group is also very deep and talented. The 4 players you mention would all be great additions, however I'd prefer the Jaguars strengthen the position via the draft. The receiver class in this draft is extremely strong. Rondale Moore, Rashod Bateman and Kadarius Toney are the 3 players I'd like to see them target with their 2nd or 3rd pick. Bateman would add a big bodied safety valve for Lawrence who runs great routes while the other two would add speed. I'd rather see the Jaguars spend free agent money on other positions (defensive line and safety) which don't stand out in this draft class.

(01-21-2021, 01:04 PM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(01-21-2021, 12:45 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: We have to pick up one of the safeties available. I like Simmons and if he does hit the market we may have to pay a bit more but seems worth it.

Safety is one of the deepest positions in free agency. I'd be shocked if the Jaguars don't end up signing one of them. The wide receiver group is also very deep and talented. The 4 players you mention would all be great additions, however I'd prefer the Jaguars strengthen the position via the draft. The receiver class in this draft is extremely strong. Rondale Moore, Rashod Bateman and Kadarius Toney are the 3 players I'd like to see them target with their 2nd or 3rd pick. Bateman would add a big bodied safety valve for Lawrence who runs great routes while the other two would add speed. I'd rather see the Jaguars spend free agent money on other positions (defensive line and safety) which don't stand out in this draft class.

You make good points and i think the first thing i want to see from the new FO is how far they think they are from competing. Are they going to use the draft and build a team so in 4-5 years we are competing or are the going to go aggressive and roster churn to be competing in 2-3 years.

My main problem with building through draft picks was we did such a poor job progressing those players to the next level. Urban is meant to be the guy that can do that. It will be interesting to see if he wants to coach younger guys up or try and find someone who can do it straight away. 

With the WR, i like what we have but i think they will look at the Browns and Bucs who have too many weapons if anything and think we have to give Lawrence the same.

With Joe Cullen becoming the Jaguars new Defensive Coordinator, Ravens edge player Matt Judon easily could be a FA priority for the Jags if Baltimore doesn't use the Franchise Tag on him again.

(01-21-2021, 04:07 PM)D6 Wrote: With Joe Cullen becoming the Jaguars new Defensive Coordinator,  Ravens edge player Matt Judon easily could be a FA priority for the Jags if Baltimore doesn't use the Franchise Tag on him again.

Perhaps.

But I wonder how the OLB rotation goes?

Does Judon or Allen go to ROLB?

Does Chaisson go to the bench or does he get cut?

How do you like the Campbell hire?

Why, just why? no thanks, not even if he we can get him for a cheap contract (he is gonna ask for a lot).
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(01-21-2021, 06:21 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:

Why, just why? no thanks, not even if he we can get him for a cheap contract (he is gonna ask for a lot).

Hes still only 24, nowhere near his peak and has real talent. Im a bit worried with the over the top antics and twitter stuff but hes also 24.

(01-21-2021, 06:36 PM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(01-21-2021, 06:21 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Why, just why? no thanks, not even if he we can get him for a cheap contract (he is gonna ask for a lot).

Hes still only 24, nowhere near his peak and has real talent. Im a bit worried with the over the top antics and twitter stuff but hes also 24.

His head is all messed up. He's not totally all in on football. He's more into gaming, dancing and getting attention by goofing around. That kid lacks maturity and I don't know how that would go over in this locker room. Apparently, the Steelers have had to have "talks" with him on more than one occasion.

(01-21-2021, 07:48 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(01-21-2021, 06:36 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Hes still only 24, nowhere near his peak and has real talent. Im a bit worried with the over the top antics and twitter stuff but hes also 24.

His head is all messed up. He's not totally all in on football. He's more into gaming, dancing and getting attention by goofing around. That kid lacks maturity and I don't know how that would go over in this locker room. Apparently, the Steelers have had to have "talks" with him on more than one occasion.

No more R.J. Soward's, please.

Leonard Williams DL
Trent Williams OT
Brandon Scherff OG
Arob or Hunter Henry
LOVE THEM JAGUARS!

Now that we are bginging in Cullen who may be bringing in a 3-4, I think we may see some front 7 guys, especially a NT.

Snacks Harrison, please.

(01-21-2021, 10:31 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Now that we are bginging in Cullen who may be bringing in a 3-4, I think we may see some front 7 guys, especially a NT.

Snacks Harrison, please.

DaVon Hamilton will be just fine as the starting NT. In fact, I believe he will thrive.

We're going to get linked with Golladay a lot in FA since we hired Bevell I bet.

(01-21-2021, 06:36 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Hes still only 24, nowhere near his peak and has real talent. Im a bit worried with the over the top antics and twitter stuff but hes also 24.

I don’t want him here either, but I wouldn’t call what he is doing immature. He is building his brand. There is a reason he was the #6 selling jersey in 2020. He is making a ton of money on the side and is setting himself for life after football... but I do agree from a pure football standpoint it doesn’t exactly bode well I guess you could say. In today’s world though... from a business perspective.. it’s incredibly smart.

I know the Steelers have cap problems but they usually perform some magic act to keep those guys. The fact they may let him walk for nothing isnt a good sign. He seems to be going the OBJ route of the brand and being more than a 'football player' but that's what he is. OBJ is a very good WR but all the hassle hurts him.

He is still only 24 and with the right coach and situation I think you could get him focused again. If we are that place I dont know but I wouldn't be shocked to see the FO look for a marquee name in FA.