Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Free Agent wish list

(01-22-2021, 09:38 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote:
(01-22-2021, 09:09 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Yiu act like Jones isn't good lol.  He's had 9 TDs in 3 of the last 4 years and it would be 4 straight if he wasn't hurt in 18. He's been very consistent  throughout his career

So I see you are a stat guy, doesn't really watch the games. Very well, sign him... STATS RULEEEE!
Points rule!  Something he is good at and something we have lacked

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'd be happy with bringing Cole back, I think his best is yet to come. I hope we go defense with the majority of FA

(This post was last modified: 01-23-2021, 02:15 PM by ATLjag.)

(01-23-2021, 12:44 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I'd be happy with bringing Cole back, I think his best is yet to come.  I hope we go defense with the majority of FA
I think Cole is at his ceiling, and will be a solid contributing 3rd or 4th WR in the NFL.  I hope the team does re-sign him at a minimal/reasonable cost, as I don't see other teams beating down his door offering big contracts to have to compete with.  Whether through FA or the draft, I am hoping the team can add a #1 or #2 WR, to pair with Chark and Shenault.   

On a side note...I was pleasantly surprised with Collin Johnson, who is more athletic than I had originally thought when drafted. I am interested in watching him develop and find out where his "ceiling" is.

(01-23-2021, 02:13 PM)ATLjag Wrote:
(01-23-2021, 12:44 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I'd be happy with bringing Cole back, I think his best is yet to come.  I hope we go defense with the majority of FA
I think Cole is at his ceiling, and will be a solid contributing 3rd or 4th WR in the NFL.  I hope the team does re-sign him at a minimal/reasonable cost, as I don't see other teams beating down his door offering big contracts to have to compete with.  Whether through FA or the draft, I am hoping the team can add a #1 or #2 WR, to pair with Chark and Shenault.   

On a side note...I was pleasantly surprised with Collin Johnson, who is more athletic than I had originally thought when drafted. I am interested in watching him develop and find out where his "ceiling" is.

Cole has been open a ton over the years and our QBs not seeing him.  So you don't think Cole can improve with better QBplay compared to what he has had to play with since his rookie year?  I think Cole will have his best season next year whether it's here or somewhere else

(01-23-2021, 03:00 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-23-2021, 02:13 PM)ATLjag Wrote: I think Cole is at his ceiling, and will be a solid contributing 3rd or 4th WR in the NFL.  I hope the team does re-sign him at a minimal/reasonable cost, as I don't see other teams beating down his door offering big contracts to have to compete with.  Whether through FA or the draft, I am hoping the team can add a #1 or #2 WR, to pair with Chark and Shenault.   

Cole has been open a ton over the years and our QBs not seeing him.  So you don't think Cole can improve with better QBplay compared to what he has had to play with since his rookie year?  I think Cole will have his best season next year whether it's here or somewhere else

Agreed. Heck put Cole in green bay and bet he is a beast.
LOVE THEM JAGUARS!

(01-22-2021, 05:29 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(01-22-2021, 05:21 PM)D6 Wrote: Agreed.

The Lions got a huge break that Cephus ran a very slow 40 at the Combine.  Even with many, if not most NFL teams being concerned about the character risk factor, he very likely would have gone well before the 5th Round if he had a much better 40 time in Indianapolis.

Agreed. Teams place too much emphasis on a WR's speed. For every Tyreek Hill or Randy Moss, there are 10 fast WR's that fail in the NFL. Just look at Jerry Rice. The guy ran a 4.71 and is considered the GOAT. Great hands, route running and the ability to find seams and get open, beat speed any day. I've seen guys that have tons of speed, but could only run in a straight line and had hands of stone. Speed is great, but it's a bonus. It isn't the most important thing.

Former Steelers WR Dwight Stone immediately came to mind when reading your reply. Stone ran around a 4.20 40 and became a great NFL Special Teams player. But as a WR,  he was often called Dwight 'Hands of Stone'. 

(01-22-2021, 09:09 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-22-2021, 08:36 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: From the Detroit tree we should only target Golladay. He is a BEAST... Jones? Big no thanks to that.

Yiu act like Jones isn't good lol.  He's had 9 TDs in 3 of the last 4 years and it would be 4 straight if he wasn't hurt in 18. He's been very consistent  throughout his career

During the middle part of the 2020 season, it was looking like Marvin Jones could no longer be an effective starting WR.   

Especially after Darrell Bevell became Lions Interim HC,  Jones looked like the player of past seasons with the Lions.  The vertical passing game became a major part of the Offense again.  With Jones being on the receiving end of many big plays.  Two more should have counted but horrific officiating / replay prevented that from being the result.

As a person, Marvin Jones matured greatly in his years with the Lions.  He would be a huge asset for a team with mostly or all young WRs. 

With the news of Matthew Stafford being traded this off-season,  the chances of any of the Lions WRs that are set to be UFAs returning to the Lions in 2021 ( with the exceptions of Jamal Agnew and possibly Kenny Golladay) seems far less than was the case before today.    

Curtis Samuel
Jonnu Smith
Cam Robinson
Dalvin Tomlinson
Jonathan Hankins
Carl Lawson
Haason Reddick
Jarrad Davis
Patrick Peterson
Marcus Maye
Keanu Neal

Obviously can't get all, but that is why it is called a wish list...

(01-24-2021, 09:15 PM)SCJag Wrote: Curtis Samuel
Jonnu Smith
Cam Robinson
Dalvin Tomlinson
Jonathan Hankins
Carl Lawson
Haason Reddick
Jarrad Davis
Patrick Peterson
Marcus Maye
Keanu Neal

Why would you want to re-sign Cam Robinson?

(01-25-2021, 12:23 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(01-24-2021, 09:15 PM)SCJag Wrote: Curtis Samuel
Jonnu Smith
Cam Robinson
Dalvin Tomlinson
Jonathan Hankins
Carl Lawson
Haason Reddick
Jarrad Davis
Patrick Peterson
Marcus Maye
Keanu Neal

Why would you want to re-sign Cam Robinson?

Cam really impressed me on one play this year - a play that only exists on film now because of penalty.  I don't remember the opponent or quarterback off the top of my head, but we threw an interception around mid-field that surely was going to end up a defensive touchdown.  Cam Robinson blew the DB up at 4 yard line to prevent the score.

Now, I'm not saying that makes him a good player, and Cam may have an inflated sense of self worth that puts him on the open market come free agency, making the idea of re-signing him moot.  What I'm saying is that you cannot teach that kind of competitiveness, and if he doesn't develop into a better player, it won't be due to lack of effort or desire.  Cam may want to hit UFA, so it may not matter, but I don't personally mind the Jags at least exploring the possibility of re-signing him if it isn't too pricy.

(01-25-2021, 10:04 AM)scottyg Wrote:
(01-25-2021, 12:23 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Why would you want to re-sign Cam Robinson?

Cam really impressed me on one play this year - a play that only exists on film now because of penalty.  I don't remember the opponent or quarterback off the top of my head, but we threw an interception around mid-field that surely was going to end up a defensive touchdown.  Cam Robinson blew the DB up at 4 yard line to prevent the score.

Now, I'm not saying that makes him a good player, and Cam may have an inflated sense of self worth that puts him on the open market come free agency, making the idea of re-signing him moot.  What I'm saying is that you cannot teach that kind of competitiveness, and if he doesn't develop into a better player, it won't be due to lack of effort or desire.  Cam may want to hit UFA, so it may not matter, but I don't personally mind the Jags at least exploring the possibility of re-signing him if it isn't too pricy.

He might've made one good play during the year, but the rest of the time he was flat out terrible, especially in pass protection. I pray we get rid of him and find competition at RT as well. Taylor was even worse than Robinson. The interior played pretty well last season. Especially Norwell.

(01-25-2021, 11:07 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(01-25-2021, 10:04 AM)scottyg Wrote: Cam really impressed me on one play this year - a play that only exists on film now because of penalty.  I don't remember the opponent or quarterback off the top of my head, but we threw an interception around mid-field that surely was going to end up a defensive touchdown.  Cam Robinson blew the DB up at 4 yard line to prevent the score.

He might've made one good play during the year, but the rest of the time he was flat out terrible, especially in pass protection. I pray we get rid of him and find competition at RT as well. Taylor was even worse than Robinson. The interior played pretty well last season. Especially Norwell.

My point was that it wasn't just any play.  It was an effort play that most big fatties would be watching from the 40 yard line rather making the tackle. 

I know your mind is made up and I'm not trying to change it... Just saying that he gets a bit more benefit of the doubt from me for it.

I still wish Marrone and Caldwell would have moved him to the right side when he came back from the ACL and found another left tackle instead of drafting Taylor.  Might be a whole different conversation if they had.

Curtis Samuel seems like someone Urban Meyer would go after. He has great speed and has improved each year. He can be used in a variety of ways just like LaViska. Having played for Ohio State and Meyer, the Jaguars would likely be his choice if the offer was reasonable. Also, he'd be a good alternative to Godwin, AROB and Golliday- all of these receivers will be much more costly than Samuel.

(This post was last modified: 01-25-2021, 06:55 PM by Predator.)

(01-25-2021, 04:58 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: Curtis Samuel seems like someone Urban Meyer would go after. He has great speed and has improved each year. He can be used in a variety of ways just like LaViska. Having played for Ohio State and Meyer, the Jaguars would likely be his choice if the offer was reasonable. Also, he'd be a good alternative to Godwin, AROB and Golliday- all of these receivers will be much more costly than Samuel.

Why would we need another WR to do what Shenault does?

So they can take snaps away from each other?

Ideally you would want to add players that bring a different skill set from what you already have to expand the ways you can attack a defense not just to duplicate what you already have.

(01-25-2021, 06:55 PM)Predator Wrote:
(01-25-2021, 04:58 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: Curtis Samuel seems like someone Urban Meyer would go after. He has great speed and has improved each year. He can be used in a variety of ways just like LaViska. Having played for Ohio State and Meyer, the Jaguars would likely be his choice if the offer was reasonable. Also, he'd be a good alternative to Godwin, AROB and Golliday- all of these receivers will be much more costly than Samuel.

Ideally you would want to add players that bring a different skill set from what you already have to expand the ways you can attack a defense not just to duplicate what you already have.

One reason is so that the defense can't key in on that one guy.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(01-25-2021, 06:55 PM)Predator Wrote:

Just because they are both versatile doesn’t mean they are similar. Shenault is a bully with the ball while Samuel is a legit 4.31 speed guy.

If we can find a way to sign K.Neal I will go outside and do an Austin Dillon slide in my front yard. He is exactly the type of safety we need around here.

And I would gladly resign Cam Robinson. He’s going to be better than any rookie LT, and he’s a quality starter. A good QB can make a guy like Cam look better.

(This post was last modified: 01-25-2021, 09:32 PM by Upper.)

Holy crap our tackles were worse than I thought. Taylor had the most blown pass blocks in the league, and Cam was 4th worst. Between FA and the draft it is critical that we have two new starting OTs. Pay Trent literally anything he wants and draft Mayfield at 25.

https://sisdatahub.com/leaderboards/C

(01-25-2021, 08:30 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: If we can find a way to sign K.Neal I will go outside and do an Austin Dillon slide in my front yard. He is exactly the type of safety we need around here.

And I would gladly resign Cam Robinson. He’s going to be better than any rookie LT, and he’s a quality starter. A good QB can make a guy like Cam look better.

Your blind optimism (your admission) is showing. Cam Robinson is flat out godawful, and has been for 3 seasons. There are like 15 OL on PFFs top 100 FA list, and Cam ain't on it.

(01-25-2021, 09:27 PM)Upper Wrote: Holy crap our tackles were worse than I thought. Taylor had the most blown pass blocks in the league, and Cam was 4th worst. Between FA and the draft it is critical that we have two new starting OTs. Pay Trent literally anything he wants and draft Mayfield at 25.

https://sisdatahub.com/leaderboards/C

(01-25-2021, 08:30 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: If we can find a way to sign K.Neal I will go outside and do an Austin Dillon slide in my front yard. He is exactly the type of safety we need around here.

Your blind optimism (your admission) is showing. Cam Robinson is flat out godawful, and has been for 3 seasons. There are like 15 OL on PFFs top 100 FA list, and Cam ain't on it.

But but but Robinson would be better than any rookie!  Laughing
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

I think Cam is just fine at LT. Drew Brees, Brady, Rithlisberger, Rivers, Marino, The Mannings, and many other great QBs didn’t have high priced FA’s at LT.

They weren’t looking every year to draft or buy a LT. Robinson rushed for 1070 in 14 games behind this same oline

Chark made a Pro Bowl behind this same oline. It’s a position we that’s filled with a quality starter and I would rather use our picks at other spots.

We spent a high draft pick on Joeckel and that turned out bad.