Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
*** Superbowl LV Tampa Bay vs Kansas City ***

(02-08-2021, 05:14 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Im a Pat Summerall and John Madden kinda guy

That was the best duo in the business. Madden could be a little annoying to people at times, but Summerall was the absolute pinnacle of NFL football analyst. When it comes to college football, I was a huge fan of Keith Jackson. He called games like no one else.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Had anyone seen the Brady/Gronk T mobile commercial? Supposedly the first choice over my ex Gwen stefani/ Blake Shelton one that was aired. That’s funny.

Also, I’ve been disgusted with Brady for years. But between the “why are you crying?” Line and Tampa pulling it off in convincing fashion, I do have a new respect for him. He is the GOAT. Was hoping for KC but before the game I decided I truly didn’t care. If I saw history being made, good. Glad to see it. Congrats to Tampa Bay and the Goat

(02-08-2021, 08:34 PM)Jags Wrote: Had anyone seen the Brady/Gronk T mobile commercial?  Supposedly the first choice over my ex Gwen stefani/ Blake Shelton one that was aired.   That’s funny.  

Also, I’ve been disgusted with Brady for years.  But between the “why are you crying?” Line and Tampa pulling it off in convincing fashion, I do have a new respect for him.  He is the GOAT.  Was hoping for KC but before the game I decided I truly didn’t care.  If I saw history being made, good.  Glad to see it.  Congrats to Tampa Bay and the Goat

I'm not a huge Brady fan, but he seems like a decent enough guy. I hate it that Antonio Brown gets a ring though. I can't stand him, but I am reveling in the fact that Tyreek Hill was denied another championship. He's a scumbag!

(This post was last modified: 02-08-2021, 09:26 PM by Jags.)

(02-08-2021, 08:56 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(02-08-2021, 08:34 PM)Jags Wrote: Had anyone seen the Brady/Gronk T mobile commercial?  Supposedly the first choice over my ex Gwen stefani/ Blake Shelton one that was aired.   That’s funny.  

Also, I’ve been disgusted with Brady for years.  But between the “why are you crying?” Line and Tampa pulling it off in convincing fashion, I do have a new respect for him.  He is the GOAT.  Was hoping for KC but before the game I decided I truly didn’t care.  If I saw history being made, good.  Glad to see it.  Congrats to Tampa Bay and the Goat

I'm not a huge Brady fan, but he seems like a decent enough guy. I hate it that Antonio Brown gets a ring though. I can't stand him, but I am reveling in the fact that Tyreek Hill was denied another championship. He's a scumbag!

I can’t argue that.  But if we went across all rosters, there is always “that” guy, like it or not, that will be winning the SB.  Otherwise, we’d all be rooting for every team to lose.  I guess I was just coming forth saying I have gotten over my “Brady Hate”.  I’d let him buy me a beer, I suppose...or a house.  Whatever. Up to him

(02-08-2021, 09:14 PM)Jags Wrote:
(02-08-2021, 08:56 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I'm not a huge Brady fan, but he seems like a decent enough guy. I hate it that Antonio Brown gets a ring though. I can't stand him, but I am reveling in the fact that Tyreek Hill was denied another championship. He's a scumbag!

I can’t argue that.  But if we went across all rosters, there is always “that” guy, like it or not, that will be winning the SB.  Otherwise, we’d all be rooting for every team to lose.  I guess I was just coming forth saying I have gotten over my “Brady Hate”.  I’d let him buy me a beer, I suppose...or a house.  Whatever. Up to him

He wouldn't though. This is Tom Brady we're talking about. He'd be more likely to buy you a shot of wheat grass.

(02-08-2021, 03:43 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: what was wrong with Romo? why do people "hate " him?

He's good when the game is close, moving fast

In a blowout like last night, there wasn't much any announcer could do to make it exciting

Tony Romo was a happy go-lucky guy with a fresh first hand knowledge of the game who got an inflated ego by developing a reputation for his ability to call plays before they happened. It was endearing at first, but when he started batting 50%, it got old quick. His voice has a newfound smugness about it that makes him hard to listen to for me.

He isn't terrible like Buck and Aikman by any means, but his reputation exceeds his output.

(02-08-2021, 03:43 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: what was wrong with Romo? why do people "hate " him?

He hates dead air.

It seems as if he is compelled to respond to every statement the PBP guy makes, whether or not it contributes anything to the broadcast. The next time there is a broadcast count how many times the PBP announcer finishes a statement, and Romo remains silent. you might not even need a second hand.

I like the color commentator to be an occasional contributor. PBP is narrating the action, occasionally calling on the color commentator to provide insight from either past experience or a relatable story that helps explain what is going on in the game. I like the color commentator for find the nuance that casual fans might not notice and add that to the broadcast. Romo just talks for the sake of talking a lot of time.

(This post was last modified: 02-09-2021, 09:50 AM by Mikey.)

(02-08-2021, 05:14 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Im a Pat Summerall and John Madden kinda guy

Summerall was a master of his craft. I could have taken or left Madden, I always got frustrated with his forward/reverse playback on the telestrator, but he was very good at finding the "why did that play work" and helping viewers understand the little details that often would get missed.

I think my favorite color guy of all time was Paul Maguire. SNF crew on ESPN in the late 80's early 90's, Theismann was there to provide the technical stuff, and Maguire, while a former pro himself, was more comic relief than anything. Never took himself seriously, and his sense of humour overlapped mine to a T. Merlin Olsen was also one of those guys who was knowledgeable, but didn't need jargon to explain what was going on, and made the broadcast more informative.

(02-08-2021, 07:16 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

That was the best duo in the business. Madden could be a little annoying to people at times, but Summerall was the absolute pinnacle of NFL football analyst. When it comes to college football, I was a huge fan of Keith Jackson. He called games like no one else.

I honestly believe I became a  Michigan fan living in Ohio just because I loved watching Keith's calls. It seemed he got the Michigan game every week.

Whooooooaaaa Nelly!

(02-08-2021, 08:56 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I'm not a huge Brady fan, but he seems like a decent enough guy. I hate it that Antonio Brown gets a ring though. I can't stand him, but I am reveling in the fact that Tyreek Hill was denied another championship. He's a scumbag!

I'll always +1 that sentiment. Couldn't agree more.

(This post was last modified: 02-10-2021, 07:02 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(02-10-2021, 06:42 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Hammered lol

https://twitter.com/TBTimes_Bulls/status...45990?s=20

Oh, that brings up a lot of memories from way back. It looks like he's really happy though. I bet he's enjoying himself. Party on, Tom! Smile

Gronk's probably passed out somewhere.

(This post was last modified: 02-10-2021, 11:10 PM by JagsorDie.)

The guy threw the Lombardi trophy from one boat to another.... some people may find a way to chastise him for this, but I think this is hilarious and awesome. I don’t know how boat parades go in Boston in February but I don’t think you get shorts and tee shirt weather.

if it was mahomes throwing it to a chiefs player, they would have missed and been hit in the face with the trophy lol.

Tom is the GOAT... cheers sir, you’ve earned the right to get blasted and have some fun.

(02-10-2021, 06:42 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Hammered lol

https://twitter.com/TBTimes_Bulls/status...45990?s=20

"I'm goin' ta dizzy world!"

I saw the parade and the post-parade interviews with the players/coaches. All of them were hammered. I bet they just kept taking drink-after-drink while on the boats.Before they knew it, they were probably 10 beers in

Same thing happens to me fishing or tubing

Interesting tidbit of Jags team history from Vic Ketchman:

Mike from Bridgeport, CT
Extremely happy to see Byron Leftwich have his moment in the sun. He's not far from being a hot head coaching candidate. I often wonder what if Leftwich didn't break his ankle vs. Arizona in 2005. The prior week he had the best game of his career, passing for three TDs and rushing for one while leading the Jaguars to a road win in Tennessee. They were ascending with a 7-3 record before the injury. His playing career was never the same after that moment. It was a blessing in disguise for David Garrard, but I've always felt badly for Byron and wish things worked out better than they did in Jacksonville.
You're right about the game in Arizona being a turning point in Byron's career, but that might've been  little more than a coincidence. Byron was never a mobile quarterback. The real turning point in Byron's career occurred during preparation for a game the following year, I think it was. Byron came to the stadium on a Friday morning and told the trainer of an injury; I think it was an ankle sprain and it was cloaked in mystery. Jack Del Rio was furious. He believed Byron had hidden the injury during the week, which meant the Jaguars had largely wasted a big chunk of their preparation for the game. At that point, the relationship between Byron and Jack became irreparable.

(02-12-2021, 05:30 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Interesting tidbit of Jags team history from Vic Ketchman:

Mike from Bridgeport, CT
Extremely happy to see Byron Leftwich have his moment in the sun. He's not far from being a hot head coaching candidate. I often wonder what if Leftwich didn't break his ankle vs. Arizona in 2005. The prior week he had the best game of his career, passing for three TDs and rushing for one while leading the Jaguars to a road win in Tennessee. They were ascending with a 7-3 record before the injury. His playing career was never the same after that moment. It was a blessing in disguise for David Garrard, but I've always felt badly for Byron and wish things worked out better than they did in Jacksonville.
You're right about the game in Arizona being a turning point in Byron's career, but that might've been  little more than a coincidence. Byron was never a mobile quarterback. The real turning point in Byron's career occurred during preparation for a game the following year, I think it was. Byron came to the stadium on a Friday morning and told the trainer of an injury; I think it was an ankle sprain and it was cloaked in mystery. Jack Del Rio was furious. He believed Byron had hidden the injury during the week, which meant the Jaguars had largely wasted a big chunk of their preparation for the game. At that point, the relationship between Byron and Jack became irreparable.

Like GM15 and the thumb thing this year, competitors don't want to go to the bench. It just causes so many problems when they don't be straight with the trainers.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato