Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
So with the Saints being like 100m over cap

(This post was last modified: 01-27-2021, 11:46 PM by D6.)

(01-26-2021, 04:03 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I want OT Ryan Ramczyk. I'd easily give up a the #25 pick and a 3rd rounder to get a young OT like him. He has already been an All Pro for the last 3 years. He was first team All-Pro in 2019 and Second Team All-Pro in 2018 and 2020. That is who we need protecting Lawrence. I wanted to draft him instead of Fournette, but I was told that was a stupid idea, since Ramczyk was falling to the end of the first round that year. He counts $11 million against their cap in 2021, but if they cut or trade him, he carries no dead money. So he could be a very good trade target.

This is a trade scenario that makes a great amount of sense for both teams.

The Jaguars would be getting arguably the best RT in the NFL, who will only be 27 next season. 

The Saints would getting a huge amount of draft capital,  with a savings of $ 11 million on their 2021 Salary Cap.  The added draft capital can go along way in helping replenish their roster. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-26-2021, 11:07 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I don’t want Thomas. I think he was a product of Brees. Like Peyton Manning got plenty of guys paid.

I would take Lattimore!!

Extremely bad take. Thomas is one of the best WRs in the game. Have you ever watched him play? Brees hasn't been very great the last couple of years.

(01-27-2021, 10:28 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(01-27-2021, 03:28 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: It's hilarious that you bums think they're giving up  Ramczyk, essentially their best player

It's not a matter of them wanting to give him up. It's the fact that they are over the cap by nearly $100 million. You can either rid yourselves of several big contracts like his or you can essentially cut 1/3 of the team. They may very well decide on option B, but when you are over the cap by the largest margin in NFL history, every option must be considered.

or kick the can further down the road and convert salaries to signing boni

(01-26-2021, 02:59 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(01-26-2021, 02:24 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Never understood the desire to pick up a RB with mileage via FA or trade.

Read the rest of his posts and you'll understand why.

So salty. But to answer Stroud, the Bucs picked up a backup RB from the same draft class and it seemed to work out for them. (LF27)

Fournette is not a good comparison, because he cost the Bucs next to nothing (2.5M) to acquire, not even a factor in compensatory pick determination since we cut him. Even if Kamara is released, ain't no way we manage to sign him for 2.5M this season.

Do you think he's going to want to back up our workhorse (JRob)?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-11-2021, 07:43 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(01-26-2021, 02:59 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Read the rest of his posts and you'll understand why.

So salty. But to answer Stroud, the Bucs picked up a backup RB from the same draft class and it seemed to work out for them. (LF27)

So stupid
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23