Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Senior Bowl

(01-28-2021, 07:05 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Kadarius Toney has bricks for hands.

https://twitter.com/PFF_College/status/1...16737?s=19

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-03-2021, 10:20 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

I am not siding with Eric at all, but that stat doesn't tell me anything about those targets. How many were contested? How many were uncatchable bad throws that count as a target, but had no chance of being dropped?

This is definitely a case where the eye test is going to tell a lot more than a stat.

(02-03-2021, 02:28 PM)Mikey Wrote:
(02-03-2021, 10:20 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://twitter.com/PFF_College/status/1...16737?s=19

I am not siding with Eric at all, but that stat doesn't tell me anything about those targets. How many were contested? How many were uncatchable bad throws that count as a target, but had no chance of being dropped?

This is definitely a case where the eye test is going to tell a lot more than a stat.

I'm pretty sure a drop is a well-thrown, uncontested ball that the receiver failed to bring in.

If it were contested it'd be counted as a pass break up rather than a drop.

(This post was last modified: 02-03-2021, 09:25 PM by Eric1.)

(02-03-2021, 10:20 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

That's nice and all but I don't really care.  As Mikey said that post doesn't tell you anything about the situations.

Dude didn't look like he had soft hands at all at the senior bowl. Dropped too many and the ones he did catch, looked very shaky.

Toney's hands were excellent this year. He made a ton of clutch catches when Trask was playing catch up late in games. I still don't want him at 25 as I have seen mocked a few times lately, but he's going to be good.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'm not a huge fan of taking a WR in the first round. Though toward the bottom of the first, if it's a guy who will be a #1 WR then it's fine. But only if there aren't players at other, harder positions to draft.

(02-03-2021, 09:02 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(02-03-2021, 10:20 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://twitter.com/PFF_College/status/1...16737?s=19

That's nice and all but I don't really care.  As Mikey said that post doesn't tell you anything about the situations.

Dude didn't look like he had soft hands at all at the senior bowl. Dropped too many and the ones he did catch, looked very shaky.

I love it when people say something silly, get facts and stats that refute that silly statement and follow with a simple  "yeah I don't care about that"

Dig them heels in lol

(This post was last modified: 02-04-2021, 08:32 PM by Eric1.)

(02-04-2021, 05:37 PM)Kane Wrote:
(02-03-2021, 09:02 PM)Eric1 Wrote: That's nice and all but I don't really care.  As Mikey said that post doesn't tell you anything about the situations.

I love it when people say something silly, get facts and stats that refute that silly statement and follow with a simple  "yeah I don't care about that"

Dig them heels in lol

Did you not watch him in 1 on 1s at the senior bowl? Ugly drops and shaky hands. Didn't look like a natural pass catcher at all. He looks more like a gadget player, rather than a true WR.

Maybe it was just one of those times where he had a bad day or two and let the competition get to him and got in his own head.

And it's a half told stat. For all I know 50%+ of his catches are bubble screens, or something similar, which isn't impressive.