Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Allen Robinson looking for 4 year/100 million dollar deal per reports

I love ARob, but not for that much

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Money is getting crazy in the NFL but it's relative. Is ARob a top 10 receiver? You could make an argument I guess. How about Top 5? I wouldn't rank him that high. Well he wants to be paid like the best of the best. Jags have the room to overpay but do you want to go down that path when you're trying to build a new culture? I wouldn't.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(This post was last modified: 01-31-2021, 10:50 AM by WingerDinger.)

Every team overpays in FA, but 100/4 is way too much for a position that's not a glaring need.. Chark can be better and have much more solid numbers with better QB play..

Take that 100 millon and beef up the lines..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

Better ways to spend FA dollars.

Look to the draft to bolster receiving talent. There are some upper/mid tier free agent tight ends that may be good considerations at the right price, but I'd not tie up that much cap on a WR with all of the glaring needs on defense and a sketchy OT situation in need of attention.

I am looking forward to seeing Collin Johnson develop. He offers an intriguing mix of agility and size to the WR position. He exceeded my expectations as a rookie.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

(01-31-2021, 11:24 AM)jagsfan06 Wrote: I am looking forward to seeing Collin Johnson develop.  He offers an intriguing mix of agility and size to the WR position. He exceeded my expectations as a rookie.

He's like a WR/TE hybrid.

(01-31-2021, 11:24 AM)jagsfan06 Wrote: I am looking forward to seeing Collin Johnson develop.  He offers an intriguing mix of agility and size to the WR position. He exceeded my expectations as a rookie.

Hopefully we actually develop him instead of letting him walk like we did Lazard

LMAO @ this post...

NH3...
"AZANE"

(01-30-2021, 07:09 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(01-30-2021, 12:23 PM)Predator Wrote: We need a speed guy that can catch.

We already have one. His name is D.J. Chark. He just needs a competent QB to get him the ball.

I know Chark is pretty fast but I'm talking about a quick speed receiver not a tall jump ball guy.

(01-29-2021, 06:39 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: WRs are a dime a dozen if you have a good QB.  Look at what Brady did with those little average WRs he made look good.

Yep, give me a good OL and I really think we've been missing a really good MLB --- someone like Mike Singletary or Ray Lewis Smile

ARob's best season was with Bortles.

(01-30-2021, 06:06 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote: What he is asking for means nothing if no team is willing to pay it.  Who wouldn't want $25 million?  That doesn't mean he will get it.  That being said, he's currently making $15 million and I saw one site that estimated his new contract would average around $20 million.  He's not going to be cheap.  While it would be nice to have him back, put me in the group that thinks we have bigger priorities than wide receiver.  We have a young group that will look better with more experience and a far better quarterback throwing to them.  

I also saw someone saying that ARob wouldn't want to return.  I'm not sure that is true.  I believe he wanted out of Jacksonville because Blake Bortles was the quarterback.  I think he would be much happier with Trevor Lawrence.  Even if hypothetically he had an issue with the coaching or front office, both have changed since he left.

I think is unfair just say that a Rob left the Jacksonville Jaguars because of Blake Bortles on his quarterback when there's nothing on the record that indicate That was the case. You're just speculating and if he really left because of Blake Bortles then why would he go to Chicago to catch balls from Mitchell trubisky?
[Image: giphy.gif]

(This post was last modified: 01-31-2021, 11:57 PM by navyjagfan.)

With the salary cap declining next year, this isn't going to be an offseason full of mega-deals. Several teams are going to have to make a lot of difficult cuts just to get under the salary cap, flooding the FA market with talent. Best thing the Jags can do is sign more mid-tier free agents rather than the splash moves they've made in the past.

(01-31-2021, 02:36 PM)Predator Wrote:
(01-30-2021, 07:09 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: We already have one. His name is D.J. Chark. He just needs a competent QB to get him the ball.

I know Chark is pretty fast but I'm talking about a quick speed receiver not a tall jump ball guy.

Chark is a 4.34 forty receiver, fastest at the combine the year he was drafted.