Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What’s everybody making for the Super Bowl?

Just finishing up the last of the leftovers today. It was great not having to cook anything for the last few days. Especially since I'm snowed in. We had 6" of snow dumped on us yesterday and the temperature is like 18 degrees. I'm not even getting out of the house.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-10-2021, 10:44 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Just finishing up the last of the leftovers today. It was great not having to cook anything for the last few days. Especially since I'm snowed in. We had 6" of snow dumped on us yesterday and the temperature is like 18 degrees. I'm not even getting out of the house.

Snow. Cold. Yuck.

(02-10-2021, 10:59 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(02-10-2021, 10:44 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Just finishing up the last of the leftovers today. It was great not having to cook anything for the last few days. Especially since I'm snowed in. We had 6" of snow dumped on us yesterday and the temperature is like 18 degrees. I'm not even getting out of the house.

Snow. Cold. Yuck.

I hate Ohio.

(02-10-2021, 02:12 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(02-10-2021, 10:59 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Snow. Cold. Yuck.

I hate Ohio.

Beautiful in the summer. I couldn’t hack the winters though.

(02-10-2021, 02:28 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(02-10-2021, 02:12 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I hate Ohio.

Beautiful in the summer. I couldn’t hack the winters though.

They are brutal. Not necessarily the snow, but the freezing temperatures. I live on top of a big hill and when it's windy and cold, it's torture.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-10-2021, 03:12 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(02-10-2021, 02:28 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Beautiful in the summer. I couldn’t hack the winters though.

They are brutal. Not necessarily the snow, but the freezing temperatures. I live on top of a big hill and when it's windy and cold, it's torture.

That was my experience in SE ohio. snow was a rarity, you just got the bitter cold. Grew up on the lake, and all that snow acts as a nice blanket to insulate the house. I think the added humidity from the lake helped to take some of the bite out of the cold, too.

(This post was last modified: 02-11-2021, 02:25 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(02-11-2021, 10:04 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(02-10-2021, 03:12 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: They are brutal. Not necessarily the snow, but the freezing temperatures. I live on top of a big hill and when it's windy and cold, it's torture.

That was my experience in SE ohio. snow was a rarity, you just got the bitter cold. Grew up on the lake, and all that snow acts as a nice blanket to insulate the house. I think the added humidity from the lake helped to take some of the bite out of the cold, too.

I live on top of a hill surrounded by open fields, except in the back which is woods. I pretty much get the full force of the winds. Over the years I have lost multiple garbage cans, dog pools and other items that got picked up by large gusts and seemingly hurled into the next county.