Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Why we remain divided

(02-24-2021, 12:56 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(02-24-2021, 10:01 AM)jagibelieve Wrote: Drama queen much?

If you could dig your head out of your MyPillow long enough to read actual news about what happened there or watch literally any of the second impeachment trial, you’d know that there were rioters, lots of rioters, who were out for blood in there. They had a [BLEEP] gallows set up and were chanting, “Kill Mike Pence.”

So do tell about all the blood these massive riots spilled? We should most certainly have some actual evidence of people being shot or beaten or set on fire or hit with IEDs or something, else this might be most pathetic attempt at insurrection ever attempted. I mean, if 10,000 rioters were just let into the Capitol building when they were "out for blood" then by golly I wanna see some of the blood.

Oh...you mean you got nuthin'? Must be that "actual news" making [BLEEP] up as the go again.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-24-2021, 01:23 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(02-24-2021, 12:56 PM)TJBender Wrote: If you could dig your head out of your MyPillow long enough to read actual news about what happened there or watch literally any of the second impeachment trial, you’d know that there were rioters, lots of rioters, who were out for blood in there. They had a [BLEEP] gallows set up and were chanting, “Kill Mike Pence.”

So different from the other peaceful protests then?

Depends which one.  Were lawmakers threatened during the others? Was an essential government function disrupted?
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(02-24-2021, 03:39 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(02-24-2021, 01:23 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: So different from the other peaceful protests then?

Depends which one.  Were lawmakers threatened during the others? Was an essential government function disrupted?

You mean essential government functions like police or (illegal) immigration control?

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(02-24-2021, 04:19 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(02-24-2021, 03:39 PM)mikesez Wrote: Depends which one.  Were lawmakers threatened during the others? Was an essential government function disrupted?

You mean essential government functions like police or (illegal) immigration control?

Sure.
I've already said I think what happened in Seattle and Portland was of the same type as what happened in DC on January 6.
But most of the protests last summer were peaceful.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.