Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What would you deem a succesful season for T-Law?

(02-22-2021, 03:23 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(02-22-2021, 02:35 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Peyton manning who was probably the smartest QB ever, threw 28 ints in his rookie year.  You want lawerence to have an almost 4 to 1 td int ratio his rookie year?  hilarious!

The NFL was a lot different in 1998.

agreed but not that different
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Totally dont care about stats at all... that being said, give me the intangibles that make this guy our Franchise QB without the hype, but proof on the field. Smart throws, mistakes made but he learns from them, will to lead his team to competitive finishes.

Jake Luton almost beat rodgers last year so lawrence better do something impressive

(02-23-2021, 03:20 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Jake Luton almost beat rodgers last year so lawrence better do something impressive

"Outplay Jake Luton" is a nice, low bar to start our expectation!

(02-22-2021, 09:38 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(02-22-2021, 03:23 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: The NFL was a lot different in 1998.

agreed but not that different

In his rookie season, Peyton Manning was third in the NFL in passing yards and fifth in touchdowns.  If you used those rankings and applied it to 2020 data, it would be 4,634 passing yards and 37 touchdowns.  It is true that Manning led the league in interceptions in his rookie year.  However, many lesser quarterbacks have had much lower interceptions in their rookie year than Manning who did initially struggle in that area.

(02-23-2021, 01:44 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote:
(02-22-2021, 09:38 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: agreed but not that different

In his rookie season, Peyton Manning was third in the NFL in passing yards and fifth in touchdowns.  If you used those rankings and applied it to 2020 data, it would be 4,634 passing yards and 37 touchdowns.  It is true that Manning led the league in interceptions in his rookie year.  However, many lesser quarterbacks have had much lower interceptions in their rookie year than Manning who did initially struggle in that area.

Manning also had a good LT (Glenn) a stud WR (Harrison), and a Pro Bowl RB (Faulk) already on the roster when he came aboard. 

While I like the skill position players we have generally speaking, they are not what Manning had going for him his rookie year.

Could TL have some early success here? 

Sure.

But I am tempering my expectations at least until I have a better idea what he will be working with.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(02-23-2021, 09:49 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(02-23-2021, 03:20 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Jake Luton almost beat rodgers last year so lawrence better do something impressive

"Outplay Jake Luton" is a nice, low bar to start our expectation!

Yeah, but realistically everyone else will compare him to Justin Herbert.

I would consider it a success if I could stomach watching four quarters every game this year.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(02-23-2021, 04:54 PM)RicoTx Wrote: I would consider it a success if I could stomach watching four quarters every game this year.

Laughing 

The sad part is this take is perfectly understandable.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(02-23-2021, 01:44 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote:
(02-22-2021, 09:38 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: agreed but not that different

I'm pretty sure every rookie QB, ever, has had fewer interceptions than Manning did in his rookie year.

I'm not worried as much about stats as the eye test.  I want to see him make the occasional WOW play that few other QBs on the planet could think about making, and I want to see him improve throughout the season and be playing his best late in games and late in the season.

(This post was last modified: 02-26-2021, 11:33 AM by Tank Commander.)

(02-23-2021, 04:54 PM)RicoTx Wrote: I would consider it a success if I could stomach watching four quarters every game this year.

Stomach a Jollibee Chicken Joy and you will be good to go for 4 quarters

[Image: IMG_0984.jpg?fit=1933%2C1280]

(02-25-2021, 11:43 AM)scottyg Wrote:
(02-23-2021, 01:44 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote: In his rookie season, Peyton Manning was third in the NFL in passing yards and fifth in touchdowns.  If you used those rankings and applied it to 2020 data, it would be 4,634 passing yards and 37 touchdowns.  It is true that Manning led the league in interceptions in his rookie year.  However, many lesser quarterbacks have had much lower interceptions in their rookie year than Manning who did initially struggle in that area.

I'm pretty sure every rookie QB, ever, has had fewer interceptions than Manning did in his rookie year.

I'm not worried as much about stats as the eye test.  I want to see him make the occasional WOW play that few other QBs on the planet could think about making, and I want to see him improve throughout the season and be playing his best late in games and late in the season.

Manning was sacked only 22 times his rookie year.
I think it's better to throw it away early and get intercepted than sacked and possibly suffer a Joe Burrow type major injury during your rookie year.