Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What would you deem a succesful season for T-Law?

(This post was last modified: 02-11-2021, 02:54 PM by D6.)

(02-11-2021, 02:23 PM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(02-11-2021, 01:37 PM)D6 Wrote: Interestingly, former LA Chargers HC / new Lions OC Anthony Lynn discussed the rookie QB topic yesterday ( when speaking to the media covering the Lions ). Including, what transpired with veteran Tyrod Taylor and rookie Justin Herbert in Los Angeles, as well as mentioning Patrick Mahomes with Kansas City.  

Lions OC Lynn's philosophy on rookie QBs all but locks in Goff as 2021 starter (detroitnews.com)

Regarding Trevor Lawrence's situation, the overall COVID-19 situation in the late spring and summer, as well as when he's cleared to participate in practice,  probably will be a huge part of the decision making process of Urban Meyer, Darrell Bevell, Brian Schottenheimer, and Co.

Thanks. Good read and I agree with his points. I've no idea if teams will have training camps and OTA's yet this year but it's a great point and another reason I think we may need to be patient. You can only do so much over zoom and seeing Lynn's comments about confidence, I fear throwing Lawrence in as hes the #1 pick before he or the team is ready. Next year will be another rebuilding year for us Jags so no need to rush in my opinion

My pleasure.  

I agree with Anthony Lynn's points as well.  COVID-19 changed the dynamics of the NFL off-season and summer until further notice.  The NFL coaching and front office experience Urban Meyer has aiding him should prove helpful for the Jaguars,  with this landscape.

If Trevor Lawrence truly earns the Jags starting QB job on merit by the beginning of the regular season or early in the season,  I think the Jags have the realistic potential to be in the thick of the AFC playoff race.  Especially, because the Jags have the best 2021 salary cap situation in the NFL and their additional draft picks situation being very favorable.  If Lawrence isn't ready to take over as starting QB by early in the season,  nothing should change regarding the big ( long term ) picture, barring the career altering injury factor to one or more key players.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

4000+ Passing Yards
20+ Passing TD's
6 wins OR Offensive Rookie of the Year.

(02-11-2021, 02:16 PM)JaguarKick Wrote: A million yards
500 TDs
0 INTs

Not so different from what the others are expecting.

6000 yards
60 TDs
99% completion percentage
0 ints
1500 yards rushing
15 rushing TDs 

If he doesn't even comes close to those numbers he is a bust.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(02-11-2021, 03:01 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
500 TDs
0 INTs

Not so different from what the others are expecting.

6000 yards
60 TDs
0 ints
1500 yards rushing
15 rushing TDs 

I think your completion percentage is a tad low.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Stay healty and stay out of the high school parent pick-up line, regardless if Telvin says it's a great way to hook up with chicks.

(02-11-2021, 03:15 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Stay healty and stay out of the high school parent pick-up line, regardless if Telvin says it's a great way to hook up with chicks.

You can of course never know for sure but Lawrence looks like he's in a serious relationship and also that he's on his way to be a mature family man. A bit like Nick Foles. Sorry!

I'd love it for him to have a Justin Herbert like season, a guy who passes the eye test and everyone knows he will be the franchise QB for the next decade.

But being realistic, I'd be happy if he can have at worst a 2-1 TD/INT ratio. 26td, 13int, close to 4000 yards. I'd be 100% happy with that.

Long story short, I just wanna leave 2021 knowing that we have the QB position set for the long haul.

1.  Don't screw up.

2.  Don't turn the ball over.

3.  Don't let media/fan hype go to your head.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

25 Tds, less than 15 picks and somewhere around 4000 yards.
[img]blob:https://www.duvalpride.com/1a8a2498-9833-4b7d-8cc7-5e45aa36d9f6[/img][img=648x560]blob:https://www.duvalpride.com/cfd7a344-8206-4fed-a4c4-6536e150b1a7[/img]

If you’re taking a QB at 1st overall, he’s your week 1 starter.

65%, 4,000 yards, 30 TDs, 6 Ints. Anything less and he's clearly a bust.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Mark me down as another one who doesn't care about stats. As long as he's Superbowl MVP, the first named to the all decade team and locked in as a first ballot hall of famer, I'll be satisfied.

Be a franchise QB.
Improve as the season goes on.
Stay healthy.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(02-12-2021, 08:12 AM)hb1148 Wrote: Be a franchise QB.
Stay healthy.

This is what is realistic and what I'm looking for.  That, and show me some leadership characteristics.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 02-12-2021, 08:43 AM by SeldomRite.)

I just want to see two things.

First would be to dominate any teams the Jaguars may face that have lesser talent. We can't know which teams will be really bad next year, but it's likely at least the Jets and broncos could be. If those teams are bad then I want to see him throw for 5+ TDs between those two games with at most one interception and win the games by at least two touchdowns each. If he can't dominate lesser teams the way Andrew Luck used to dominate the Jags that's not a good sign.

Second I want to see him have some comebacks against better teams. If the other team isn't scared of punting to us later on the fourth quarter up by just one score that's not a good sign. Even if he doesn't win a bunch of comeback games I want to see him show his grit in some crunch time situations and make other teams feel fortunate to win against us, like they dodged a bullet.

(This post was last modified: 02-12-2021, 09:30 AM by Mikey.)

(02-11-2021, 12:29 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: I'm sorry but right now I still think we sit him for the first 5-6 games or until we think hes genuinely ready to start. Theres no right way, Mahomes sat for a year, Rodgers sat for 3 nearly 4 years, Herbert played from the start, its what's right for your guy.

I don't have any numbers I expect him to hit, just want to see him looking better and things slowing down for him by the end of the season. Seeing which guys work with his playing style and what players dont or we need to add.

First year of a new HC is often seeing what you have that fits your system and style and then moving forwards. It's not all on Lawrence to turn us around and he isnt a vet QB we are bringing in to take us over the top, hes our guy for the next 15 years.

Mahomes had Alex Smith in front of him. Rodgers had Favre. If GM15 is keeping TL on the bench, we are in deep dookie.

Neither of the guys you cited were taken first overall. Burrow started day 1. Mayfield started day 1. You don't take a guy first overall if you don't think they are ready to start right away.

500 TDs
0 INTs

....and yet still gets snubbed when the probowl votes are released.

(02-11-2021, 03:08 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(02-11-2021, 03:01 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Not so different from what the others are expecting.

6000 yards
60 TDs
0 ints
1500 yards rushing
15 rushing TDs 

I think your completion percentage is a tad low.

Kyle Pitts drops his first target, whaddya gonna do?

(This post was last modified: 02-12-2021, 09:44 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

If we can see him going through is progressions that would be a big plus.  Also, making the right decisions by getting rid of the ball versus Baker Mayfield who takes a beating by holding on to the ball forever.  Manning was great at just throwing the ball away if nothing opened up in time.  I love the early days of Big Ben scrambling around and I think TL will do some running around but we need to ensure TL is here for 18+ years.

OK .... I'm officially totally old.

TLs gf looks so young ...... these people are soon to be multi-millionaires and i'm not even certain she's old enough to order a drink in the Town Center.

[Image: TLaw.JPG]

(02-12-2021, 08:39 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(02-12-2021, 08:12 AM)hb1148 Wrote: Be a franchise QB.
Stay healthy.

This is what is realistic and what I'm looking for.  That, and show me some leadership characteristics.

Agreed. I sort of lump that in the being a franchise QB category. He's got to be the kind of player other players rally behind.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

a more competive team with lots more engergy,and a HC thats firery with the players. Not afraid to scream at player if he makes a mistake.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

Son if you wanma keep working here......stay off the drugs.^^^
[img]blob:https://www.duvalpride.com/1a8a2498-9833-4b7d-8cc7-5e45aa36d9f6[/img][img=648x560]blob:https://www.duvalpride.com/cfd7a344-8206-4fed-a4c4-6536e150b1a7[/img]