Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Gas Prices Have Surged 18% Since Election, Could Skyrocket to $4 Under Biden

(02-13-2021, 10:04 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(02-13-2021, 04:27 AM)jj82284 Wrote: Ur sick bruh....  

I can't even.

We might have broad inflation soon.
You could blame Biden and Trump for that if it happens.
Biden might increase gas taxes soon.  You could blame him for that obviously.
But it makes no sense to blame any politician for the current increase in gas prices.
If you "can't even", then don't.  Adults are talking.

Gas prices are speculative, meaning the price you pay today is not based on the cost of the fuel you are putting in your car that day. It’s based on the speculative cost to replace that fuel in futures. So when an administration shuts down a pipeline that was going to drastically reduce the cost of transportation it effects prices today and in the future.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-13-2021, 11:17 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Gas prices don't impact Mike's Huffy. That is why he is so insensitive and delusional on the topic.

I've always been a Schwinn man, actually.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(02-13-2021, 12:30 PM)EricC85 Wrote:
(02-13-2021, 10:04 AM)mikesez Wrote: We might have broad inflation soon.
You could blame Biden and Trump for that if it happens.
Biden might increase gas taxes soon.  You could blame him for that obviously.
But it makes no sense to blame any politician for the current increase in gas prices.
If you "can't even", then don't.  Adults are talking.

Gas prices are speculative, meaning the price you pay today is not based on the cost of the fuel you are putting in your car that day. It’s based on the speculative cost to replace that fuel in futures. So when an administration shuts down a pipeline that was going to drastically reduce the cost of transportation it effects prices today and in the future.

here's an article on the subject that mentions much larger factors including money supply, and OPEC production rates. No mentions of pipelines in North America
https://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-Gener...cycle.html
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.