Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trevor's Pro Day today at 10am

David Chao mentioned he wasn’t worried about the weight, suspected the shoulder was impeding his ability to lift weights.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I just watched the replay. I knew he had the physical skills. What I liked about him was his demeanor. He was all business.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Exciting times.

Remember when Calvin Johnson showed up to the combine and wasn't gonna do many of the workouts cuz he was a guaranteed top 5 pick. Competitive juices took over and he ran a 4.3 something. I'd rather a guy workout cuz he is competitive.

Did he look as good as Bortles? Did Urban give him a big hug afterwards like Gus did with Bortles ?

(This post was last modified: 02-12-2021, 08:18 PM by Jagsfan32277.)

Too skinny. Just above avg arm. Player comparison is Nick Foles. I would look to trade for Russell Wilson.

(02-12-2021, 07:58 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Too skinny.  Just above avg arm. Player comparison is Nick Foles.   I would look to trade for Russell Wilson.

Herp derp.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Sports radio is going on about how thin he looked. He weighed in at 213 today. One pundit said his ideal weight is between 222-225.
He’s getting ready to have surgery so he’ll probably lose more before he begins putting it on.

(02-12-2021, 02:35 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(02-12-2021, 02:26 PM)hb1148 Wrote: Definitely a good looking prospect. He has great arm strength but almost as important, he throws a very catchable ball. He does have that little hitch in his throwing motion, very subtle but the ball comes out fast enough so it shouldn't make a difference. Would like to see him put on another 10 or 15 pounds they said he came in at 213 which is to thin for somebody 6'6''. Get him closer to 230 and he'll be a monster.

A lot of people on this board were complaining that Zach Wilson was too skinny at 6'3" 210 lbs. Without pads on, Lawrence looked very thin. I'm not too worried about that though. NFL teams know how to bulk guys up, fairly quickly. I look for Lawrence's playing weight to be more in the range of 225 lbs.

I didn’t think he looked thin. He looked pretty buff to me. He’s not a linebacker, but I actually thought he had more bulk than I expected. Also I agree with comment about a little hitch in his release, doesn’t look like it will affect him tho.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(This post was last modified: 02-12-2021, 09:42 PM by Upper.)

He normally looks thin but extremely wiry and muscular, today he did look flat out skinny. I buy that he hasn't been able to work out like he used to because of the shoulder and his weight shows. I think he'll pack on 15-20 lbs pretty easily.

I still wish he had a more compact throwing motion, but it's not like Bortles or Leftwich...despite the loop he gets through it lightning fast. He might be a tad more susceptible to getting the ball stripped when he brings it back as far as he does, but I don't think it's going to cost him as far as giving the DBs more time to react to the ball.

Lastly, he is just a freak with his body control. I've never seen anyone that big be able to keep everything lined up mechanically. The way that he keeps his hips and shoulders square when he releases the ball on the move is just absurd. He's going to make so many defenses pay for flushing him out of the pocket.

(This post was last modified: 02-12-2021, 11:16 PM by jaglyn.)

Here we go again

TBH, I am kinda addicted to the highs and lows that comes with being a Jags fan

higher, Higher, HIGHER... and then Wheeeeeeeeeeeeee

(02-12-2021, 11:15 PM)jaglyn Wrote: Here we go again

Hahaha well put... we have been on a roll since right before Christmas. Time to queue the people who clearly know more about football than anyone and everyone to chop our positivity down a few notches becausejaguars.

(02-12-2021, 11:15 PM)jaglyn Wrote: Here we go again

You should day trade volatile stocks if it's a rollercoaster ride that you seek
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

Urban spoke with Tlaw and suggested the timing of the workout and his surgery

(02-16-2021, 01:01 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: Urban spoke with Tlaw and suggested the timing of the workout and his surgery

Well... just to clarify, Urb suggested the timing of the workout.  He did not suggest the timing of the surgery.

(02-16-2021, 01:13 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(02-16-2021, 01:01 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: Urban spoke with Tlaw and suggested the timing of the workout and his surgery

Well... just to clarify, Urb suggested the timing of the workout.  He did not suggest the timing of the surgery.
What are the NFL rules on this?  Is Meyer allowed to talk to him?  Is his communications limited to arranging schedules?

(02-16-2021, 01:37 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote:
(02-16-2021, 01:13 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: Well... just to clarify, Urb suggested the timing of the workout.  He did not suggest the timing of the surgery.
What are the NFL rules on this?  Is Meyer allowed to talk to him?  Is his communications limited to arranging schedules?

I think (and I could be wrong) that Meyer can talk to him all he wants. Lawrence is not under contract therefore not subject to NFL rules. And he's no longer a college student athlete so not subject to any NCAA rules.

Once pen is to paper Urban will be subject to limiting off season talk per the CBA.

(02-16-2021, 01:37 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote:
(02-16-2021, 01:13 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: Well... just to clarify, Urb suggested the timing of the workout.  He did not suggest the timing of the surgery.

Coaches can make special requests at work outs. At the pro day you can talk them as much as you want. For official interviews, I believe the number of those interviews is limited.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(02-16-2021, 01:13 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:

Upon further review, I was wrong.  Urb did talk to TL about the timing of his surgery.

Good since that means it's zero risk we pick someone else.

By now, I don't think anyone normal really worries about that though.