Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Perfect first 5 picks?

(02-15-2021, 11:44 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(02-15-2021, 11:40 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Onwuzurike was 6'2" 290 lbs. at the Senior Bowl. That is awfully small for a NT. Davon Hamilton is 6'4" 327 lbs. That is much more in the range of a NT.

That I did not know.  He looked much bigger on the footage I saw.

Taking your figures at face value, I would definitely NOT put him at NT.

Here is a link to all the heights and weights taken at the Senior Bowl. 

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2021-seni...asurements

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-15-2021, 03:11 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(02-15-2021, 11:44 AM)Bullseye Wrote: That I did not know.  He looked much bigger on the footage I saw.

Taking your figures at face value, I would definitely NOT put him at NT.

Here is a link to all the heights and weights taken at the Senior Bowl. 

Thanks.

Most of my efforts revolved around trying to find a numerical roster for the game. 

A maddening exercise, to be sure.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(02-15-2021, 09:02 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(02-15-2021, 03:11 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Here is a link to all the heights and weights taken at the Senior Bowl. 

Thanks.

Most of my efforts revolved around trying to find a numerical roster for the game. 

No problem. It does make it much easier to project guys when you see their actual measurements. Even on the team pages, there can be a huge difference between what the school list them as and what they actually are. I normally save all of the accurate heights and weights I get via the Senior Bowl, Shrine game, and the Combine. So many things have changed this year with the Senior Bowl being the only major all-star game and the Combine being totally re-worked.  Unless players actually went to the Senior Bowl, I don't know if we will have access to any more heights and weights from this draft class. I'm still not sure how the Combine is gonna work. It's crazy.

(This post was last modified: 02-15-2021, 09:27 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(02-15-2021, 09:23 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(02-15-2021, 09:02 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Thanks.

No problem. It does make it much easier to project guys when you see their actual measurements. Even on the team pages, there can be a huge difference between what the school list them as and what they actually are. I normally save all of the accurate heights and weights I get via the Senior Bowl, Shrine game, and the Combine. So many things have changed this year with the Senior Bowl being the only major all-star game and the Combine being totally re-worked.  Unless players actually went to the Senior Bowl, I don't know if we will have access to any more heights and weights from this draft class. I'm still not sure how the Combine is gonna work. It's crazy.

There is no combine

Just gonna be pro days

(02-15-2021, 09:26 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-15-2021, 09:23 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: No problem. It does make it much easier to project guys when you see their actual measurements. Even on the team pages, there can be a huge difference between what the school list them as and what they actually are. I normally save all of the accurate heights and weights I get via the Senior Bowl, Shrine game, and the Combine. So many things have changed this year with the Senior Bowl being the only major all-star game and the Combine being totally re-worked.  Unless players actually went to the Senior Bowl, I don't know if we will have access to any more heights and weights from this draft class. I'm still not sure how the Combine is gonna work. It's crazy.

There is no combine

Just gonna be pro days

I thought they had discussed a virtual Combine at one point?

(02-15-2021, 09:35 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(02-15-2021, 09:26 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: There is no combine

Just gonna be pro days

I thought they had discussed a virtual Combine at one point?

I think they are going to do virtual interviews and stuff but no real combine in Indy like they do every year

(This post was last modified: 02-15-2021, 09:52 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(02-15-2021, 12:30 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-15-2021, 11:34 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I honestly don't get the fascination with Toney at all. I think he's more like a #3 NFL receiver. Definitely not a #1, but some mocks have him taken in round 1. I don't even think we need a WR at all. If we re-sign Cole, we are 4 deep at the position. I'd pick one or two up as UDFA's.

He would be like a Julian Eddleman, something we don't have.  Toney is the quickest player in the draft and a playmaker.  Cole is still a FA right now, Toney would be a nice addition to this WR corps and a different dynamic but I wouldn't take him till the 3rd because of his top end speed

I just don't see that at all when I watch him play.

(02-15-2021, 09:42 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-15-2021, 09:35 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I thought they had discussed a virtual Combine at one point?

I think they are going to do virtual interviews and stuff but no real combine in Indy like they do every year

O.K. Thanks for letting me know. It's gonna be very hard to get actual heights and weights from every individual workout.

(This post was last modified: 02-15-2021, 10:13 PM by Bullseye.)

(02-15-2021, 09:26 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-15-2021, 09:23 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: No problem. It does make it much easier to project guys when you see their actual measurements. Even on the team pages, there can be a huge difference between what the school list them as and what they actually are. I normally save all of the accurate heights and weights I get via the Senior Bowl, Shrine game, and the Combine. So many things have changed this year with the Senior Bowl being the only major all-star game and the Combine being totally re-worked.  Unless players actually went to the Senior Bowl, I don't know if we will have access to any more heights and weights from this draft class. I'm still not sure how the Combine is gonna work. It's crazy.

There is no combine

Just gonna be pro days

Gonna make the pre draft offseason withdrawal more difficult to get through.

(02-15-2021, 09:23 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(02-15-2021, 09:02 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Thanks.

The all star games are becoming extinct.

I remember the days of the Blue-Gray game on Christmas, followed by the Aloha bowl, the EW Shrine game, which seemed like a much bigger deal than it is now, and the Senior Bowl.

Perhaps with the internet, you could make the argument the extra bowls are not needed. 

Still, all of those games helped fans.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(02-15-2021, 10:10 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(02-15-2021, 09:26 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: There is no combine

Just gonna be pro days

Gonna make the pre draft offseason withdrawal more difficult to get through.

The all star games are becoming extinct.

I remember the days of the Blue-Gray game on Christmas, followed by the Aloha bowl, the EW Shrine game, which seemed like a much bigger deal than it is now, and the Senior Bowl.

Perhaps with the internet, you could make the argument the extra bowls are not needed. 

Still, all of those games helped fans.

I totally forgot about the Blue-Gray game. I loved watching all the all-star games.

If we don't resign Cole I'm down with drafting Moore at 33. I think Cole would shine with Trevor at QB though

1 - Trevor Lawrence, QB, Clemson
25 - Jerimiah Owusu-Koromoah, LB, Notre Dame
33 - Rondale Moore, WR, Purdue (Or best available Tackle if Moore is gone)
45 - Pat Freiermuth, TE, Penn State
65 - No idea who'll be available tbh.

(02-16-2021, 05:48 PM)The Eleventh Doctor Wrote: 1 - Trevor Lawrence, QB, Clemson

Where would you play Koromoah?

(02-16-2021, 05:51 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-16-2021, 05:48 PM)The Eleventh Doctor Wrote: 1 - Trevor Lawrence, QB, Clemson

Safety?????? At 6'1" 216 lbs., he's way too small for ILB.

(02-16-2021, 07:17 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(02-16-2021, 05:51 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Where would you play Koromoah?

Safety?????? At 6'1" 216 lbs., he's way too small for ILB.

He's a WLB in a 4-3 imo.  He reminds me a lot of Telvin.  I dont see a fit in a 3-4 and he ain't gonna play over Jack

JOK is a...joker. One of those fancy new SS/LB/slot corner hybrids. He wouldn't be who I pick but I do think he's going to be very good and 25 would be good value and we could find a way to get him on the field a lot. Wouldn't hate it.

(02-16-2021, 07:37 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-16-2021, 07:17 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Safety?????? At 6'1" 216 lbs., he's way too small for ILB.

He's a WLB in a 4-3 imo.  He reminds me a lot of Telvin.  I dont see a fit in a 3-4 and he ain't gonna play over Jack

I totally agree. He's definitely not a 3-4 LB.

(This post was last modified: 02-16-2021, 09:17 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

If we take a LB at 25 I hope its Zaven Collins

(02-16-2021, 08:49 PM)Upper Wrote: JOK is a...joker. One of those fancy new SS/LB/slot corner hybrids. He wouldn't be who I pick but I do think he's going to be very good and 25 would be good value and we could find a way to get him on the field a lot. Wouldn't hate it.

Im not taking a player without a postition in the 1st

(02-16-2021, 05:51 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

Honestly, I think he's just going to be one of those players years down the road we might wish we had if he slides to us (and I think he could).  If one of the top OT's fall to us (I don't think they will) or you don't think Rondale Moore falls to 33 (he might not), I wouldn't mind going that route, either.  (Moore might not make it to 25).  But if they're gone like I think they will be, and JOK is there, it'd be very tempting to take him.  I don't have any idea of how you might use him, but a good defensive coordinator could make good use of his skills IMO.

(02-17-2021, 01:56 AM)The Eleventh Doctor Wrote:
(02-16-2021, 05:51 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Where would you play Koromoah?

Honestly, I think he's just going to be one of those players years down the road we might wish we had if he slides to us (and I think he could).  If one of the top OT's fall to us (I don't think they will) or you don't think Rondale Moore falls to 33 (he might not), I wouldn't mind going that route, either.  (Moore might not make it to 25).  But if they're gone like I think they will be, and JOK is there, it'd be very tempting to take him.  I don't have any idea of how you might use him, but a good defensive coordinator could make good use of his skills IMO.

The 2nd and 3rd round has been the sweet spot for WRs in the last few years. There's no reason to take one at pick 25.

(This post was last modified: 02-17-2021, 03:02 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(02-16-2021, 09:15 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: If we take a LB at 25 I hope its Zaven Collins

(02-16-2021, 08:49 PM)Upper Wrote: JOK is a...joker. One of those fancy new SS/LB/slot corner hybrids. He wouldn't be who I pick but I do think he's going to be very good and 25 would be good value and we could find a way to get him on the field a lot. Wouldn't hate it.

Im not taking a player without a postition in the 1st

I couldn't agree more. As for Collins, he is my favorite pure LB in this draft class. I even like him better than Parsons. Collins is exceptionally talented at every aspect of the position. He can rush the passer, he can cover receivers, he can play the run, there is nothing he can't do and he has the size to play in any scheme, although personally I would play him as a 4-3 WLB.

(02-16-2021, 04:29 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: If we don't resign Cole I'm down with drafting Moore at 33.  I think Cole would shine with Trevor at QB though

Agree. I think all of our current WR's will look much better. I still don't see a need for a WR. I just re-sign Cole.