Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Perfect first 5 picks?

The one position other than OT that I would be willing to trade up in the draft for is CB. There are a few elite CB's in this class and considering we gave up the second most yards per pass and the second highest completion percentage in the NFL, this is an area we must improve upon. I'm not as hopeful as some people that Henderson is gonna turn out to be a shutdown CB and we have absolutely nothing else at the position. Herndon is a disaster and Hayden's play fell off a cliff. He's gonna be a free agent and will command much, much more than he is worth, so that leaves gaping holes at #2 CB and Nickle. I can see a run on CB's in the middle of round 1 and if we do take an OT at #25, I'm not so confident what will be available in round 2. If I see them starting to come off the board, I might be willing to trade up from #33 into the late first. I could see a team like New Orleans making such a deal. They are way over the cap and will lose a lot of starters. I bet they will look to trade down to acquire picks, so they can re-stock with cheaper starters.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-23-2021, 10:18 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: The one position other than OT that I would be willing to trade up in the draft for is CB. There are a few elite CB's in this class and considering we gave up the second most yards per pass and the second highest completion percentage in the NFL, this is an area we must improve upon. I'm not as hopeful as some people that Henderson is gonna turn out to be a shutdown CB and we have absolutely nothing else at the position. Herndon is a disaster and Hayden's play fell off a cliff. He's gonna be a free agent and will command much, much more than he is worth, so that leaves gaping holes at #2 CB and Nickle. I can see a run on CB's in the middle of round 1 and if we do take an OT at #25,  I'm not so confident what will be available in round 2. If I see them starting to come off the board, I might be willing to trade up from #33 into the late first. I could see a team like New Orleans making such a deal. They are way over the cap and will lose a lot of starters. I bet they will look to trade down to acquire picks, so they can re-stock with cheaper starters.

Id like to get Pat Pete if Urban can talk him into it

(02-23-2021, 10:29 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-23-2021, 10:18 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: The one position other than OT that I would be willing to trade up in the draft for is CB. There are a few elite CB's in this class and considering we gave up the second most yards per pass and the second highest completion percentage in the NFL, this is an area we must improve upon. I'm not as hopeful as some people that Henderson is gonna turn out to be a shutdown CB and we have absolutely nothing else at the position. Herndon is a disaster and Hayden's play fell off a cliff. He's gonna be a free agent and will command much, much more than he is worth, so that leaves gaping holes at #2 CB and Nickle. I can see a run on CB's in the middle of round 1 and if we do take an OT at #25,  I'm not so confident what will be available in round 2. If I see them starting to come off the board, I might be willing to trade up from #33 into the late first. I could see a team like New Orleans making such a deal. They are way over the cap and will lose a lot of starters. I bet they will look to trade down to acquire picks, so they can re-stock with cheaper starters.

Id like to get Pat Pete if Urban can talk him into it

He would be a good pickup short term, but he is 30 years old and isn't the elite player he once was. He's still better than average, but it depends on the length of the deal he is willing to take. I wouldn't sign him to anything over 3 years and I'd want a way out in that final year without taking too much of a cap hit.

(This post was last modified: 02-23-2021, 10:41 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(02-23-2021, 10:35 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(02-23-2021, 10:29 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Id like to get Pat Pete if Urban can talk him into it

He would be a good pickup short term, but he is 30 years old and isn't the elite player he once was. He's still better than average, but it depends on the length of the deal he is willing to take. I wouldn't sign him to anything over 3 years and I'd want a way out in that final year without taking too much of a cap hit.

Yeah, he would be good for CJ. Id be good with a 2 year deal

(02-23-2021, 10:40 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-23-2021, 10:35 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: He would be a good pickup short term, but he is 30 years old and isn't the elite player he once was. He's still better than average, but it depends on the length of the deal he is willing to take. I wouldn't sign him to anything over 3 years and I'd want a way out in that final year without taking too much of a cap hit.

Yeah, he would be good for CJ. Id be good with a 2 year deal

I would too, but would he?

(02-23-2021, 10:58 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(02-23-2021, 10:40 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Yeah, he would be good for CJ. Id be good with a 2 year deal

I would too, but would he?

Not sure

Paris Ford is my guy in the 3rd

(02-26-2021, 03:01 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Paris Ford is my guy in the 3rd

I've been very high on him since the beginning of the season. I'd much rather have him in round 3, than Moehrig in late round 1 or in round 2. I also like Richard LeCounte, Divine Diablo, Damar Hamlin, Talanoa Hufanga, Jamar Johnson and James Wiggins.

(02-26-2021, 03:35 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

I've been very high on him since the beginning of the season. I'd much rather have him in round 3, than Moehrig in late round 1 or in round 2. I also like Richard LeCounte, Divine Diablo, Damar Hamlin, Talanoa Hufanga, Jamar Johnson and James Wiggins.
I’d be happy with both, one is a FS and one a SS

(02-26-2021, 03:35 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

Side note. When are you going to post your first mock of the off season?!

(02-26-2021, 06:13 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(02-26-2021, 03:35 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I've been very high on him since the beginning of the season. I'd much rather have him in round 3, than Moehrig in late round 1 or in round 2. I also like Richard LeCounte, Divine Diablo, Damar Hamlin, Talanoa Hufanga, Jamar Johnson and James Wiggins.
Side note. When are you going to post your first mock of the off season?!

I honestly don't know. There is so much going on with potential QB movement, no Combine and free agency coming up. It will probably be somewhere after the first week of free agency when the big names get signed. That should make things a lot clearer.

Barmore at 25 and Onwuzurike at 33?

Chaisson-Jack-Schobert-Allen
Barmore-Hamilton-Onwuzurike

(03-01-2021, 10:17 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Barmore at 25 and Onwuzurike at 33?  

Why take 2 DE/DT types? We only need one. I'm assuming in that situation we signed Trent Williams?

(03-02-2021, 01:04 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-01-2021, 10:17 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Barmore at 25 and Onwuzurike at 33?  

Why take 2 DE/DT types? We only need one. I'm assuming in that situation we signed Trent Williams?

In that situation I'm assuming we don't sign Leonard Williams.  We need 2 imo with Hamilton at NT

(03-02-2021, 04:06 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-02-2021, 01:04 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Why take 2 DE/DT types? We only need one. I'm assuming in that situation we signed Trent Williams?

In that situation I'm assuming we don't sign Leonard Williams.  We need 2 imo with Hamilton at NT

You're forgetting Doug Costin. He played very well last season and in 3-4 sets would be an ideal 5 technique like he played at Miami University. I have him already penciled in as a starting DE in those sets. I'm very high on that kid.

(03-02-2021, 07:48 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-02-2021, 04:06 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: In that situation I'm assuming we don't sign Leonard Williams.  We need 2 imo with Hamilton at NT

You're forgetting Doug Costin. He played very well last season and in 3-4 sets would be an ideal 5 technique like he played at Miami University. I have him already penciled in as a starting DE in those sets. I'm very high on that kid.
Costin did play pretty good but I'm not pending anyone in. I'd still like to bring someone in and if he is able to beat them out than that's even better.

(03-02-2021, 07:54 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-02-2021, 07:48 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: You're forgetting Doug Costin. He played very well last season and in 3-4 sets would be an ideal 5 technique like he played at Miami University. I have him already penciled in as a starting DE in those sets. I'm very high on that kid.
Costin did play pretty good but I'm not pending anyone in. I'd still like to bring someone in and if he is able to beat them out than that's even better.

I agree. We should bring in additional DE/DT types for competition, but definitely not two of them that early in the draft. I try to find a starter to play opposite Costin in the first 3 rounds, if possible and then I'd find depth in either the late rounds of the draft or free agency.

I wonder if Kwity Paye will be there at 25?

(03-02-2021, 11:28 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I wonder if Kwity Paye will be there at 25?

I LIKE Paye.

I see him as the complete opposite of Rashaan Gary.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Paye is awesome but I don't see him being there at 25. Not sure how he fits in a 3-4 either. He's way too big to be an OLB, but he's got the freak 3 cone so I don't want to waste that by bulking him up to play 3-4 DE where he won't use his best asset. He's pretty much a pure 4-3 DE IMO.