Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2021 draft rumors and tweets

https://www.genjag.com/jacksonville-jagu...xR5yisbgug

Jaguars have met with Teven Jenkins.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Sounding less and less likely that Jenkins is available at 25, but he's still the most realistic top pick for me. He's going to be a beast and I fear a Colt.

(03-04-2021, 02:10 PM)Upper Wrote: Sounding less and less likely that Jenkins is available at 25, but he's still the most realistic top pick for me. He's going to be a beast and I fear a Colt.

I think he'll either be a Colt or a Steeler.

(This post was last modified: 03-04-2021, 06:12 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Jenkins is the one lineman I'd feel ok with at 25

(03-04-2021, 06:11 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Jenkins is the one lineman I'd feel ok with at 25

I get this crazy "Cam 2.0" vibe from the evaluations I've read of him. I see him more as a mauler than a technician. I have a feeling he would be dominant at RT, but I really don't want to spend a pick that early on an RT.

(03-05-2021, 10:08 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(03-04-2021, 06:11 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Jenkins is the one lineman I'd feel ok with at 25

I get this crazy "Cam 2.0" vibe from the evaluations I've read of him. I see him more as a mauler than a technician. I have a feeling he would be dominant at RT, but I really don't want to spend a pick that early on an RT.

You think he could be a dominant RT but you don't want to spend a pick that early on a RT?  Lol,  if we feel a player can be dominant we need to take him regardlessof position.  A mauler is what I want in my RT.

Your RT needs to be virtually identical to your LT nowadays. Like half the league has their best pass rusher on that side, and if they don't they mix them up plenty. The only reason you would want a mauler on either side is if they are also adept at pass blocking.

(This post was last modified: 03-05-2021, 04:11 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(03-05-2021, 03:44 PM)Upper Wrote: Your RT needs to be virtually identical to your LT nowadays. Like half the league has their best pass rusher on that side, and if they don't they mix them up plenty. The only reason you would want a mauler on either side is if they are also adept at pass blocking.

I want both of my tackles to be maulers and nasty, and yes to be able to pass block for my QB as well.  I don’t want a finesse tackle.  I want a guy that finishes blocks and will drive the defender out of bounds or into the dirt with a mean streak

(03-05-2021, 04:10 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-05-2021, 03:44 PM)Upper Wrote: Your RT needs to be virtually identical to your LT nowadays. Like half the league has their best pass rusher on that side, and if they don't they mix them up plenty. The only reason you would want a mauler on either side is if they are also adept at pass blocking.

I want both of my tackles to be maulers and nasty, and yes to be able to pass block for my QB as well.  I don’t want a finesse tackle.  I want a guy that finishes blocks and will drive the defender out of bounds or into the dirt with a mean streak

Those are the elite of the elite, like Trent Williams. You aren't going to find studs that can do both at the top level very often, so in most cases you should forego the mauler and be happy with an adept pass blocker that is hopefully solid enough in run blocking.

If you prioritize the mauler you end up fired like Dave Caldwell with the heaviest footed and worst pass blocking tackle tandem in the league.

(This post was last modified: 03-05-2021, 05:04 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Likethishttps://twitter.com/LedyardNFLDraft/status/1367886639620628480?s=20

https://twitter.com/LedyardNFLDraft/stat...98898?s=19

(This post was last modified: 03-05-2021, 05:07 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

https://twitter.com/LedyardNFLDraft/stat...28480?s=19

(03-05-2021, 04:53 PM)Upper Wrote:
(03-05-2021, 04:10 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I want both of my tackles to be maulers and nasty, and yes to be able to pass block for my QB as well.  I don’t want a finesse tackle.  I want a guy that finishes blocks and will drive the defender out of bounds or into the dirt with a mean streak

Those are the elite of the elite, like Trent Williams. You aren't going to find studs that can do both at the top level very often, so in most cases you should forego the mauler and be happy with an adept pass blocker that is hopefully solid enough in run blocking.

If you prioritize the mauler you end up fired like Dave Caldwell with the heaviest footed and worst pass blocking tackle tandem in the league.
I can name way more finesse and soft guys that didn't panout than the nasty mauler types. Yet, you're a big Jenkins fan lol

I think Jenkins just might be one of those that winds up being elite at both.

(This post was last modified: 03-05-2021, 07:51 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(03-05-2021, 04:53 PM)Upper Wrote:
(03-05-2021, 04:10 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I want both of my tackles to be maulers and nasty, and yes to be able to pass block for my QB as well.  I don’t want a finesse tackle.  I want a guy that finishes blocks and will drive the defender out of bounds or into the dirt with a mean streak

Robinson and Taylor aren't even maulers though. They're just bad OT's.

(03-05-2021, 05:05 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://twitter.com/LedyardNFLDraft/stat...28480?s=19

?????? That isn't a picture of Penei Sewell. Sewell is the most dominating OT in this draft.

(This post was last modified: 03-05-2021, 08:21 PM by Bullseye.)

(03-04-2021, 02:24 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-04-2021, 02:10 PM)Upper Wrote: Sounding less and less likely that Jenkins is available at 25, but he's still the most realistic top pick for me. He's going to be a beast and I fear a Colt.

I think he'll either be a Colt or a Steeler.

You think the Colts take him there, even though he is a RT?

They still have a guy (Braden Smith) at the same position still on his rookie deal, drafted pretty high, and is starting.

As for the Steelers, even though the reworked Big Ben's contract, they have to begin their rebuilding now.  I would consider them more apt to take him than the colts, but they too  need a LT.

(03-05-2021, 08:21 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(03-04-2021, 02:24 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I think he'll either be a Colt or a Steeler.

You think the Colts take him there, even though he is a RT?

They still have a guy (Braden Smith) at the same position still on his rookie deal, drafted pretty high, and is starting.

As for the Steelers, even though the reworked Big Ben's contract, they have to begin their rebuilding now.  I would consider them more apt to take him than the colts, but they too  need a LT.

Jenkins has experience playing both RT and LT. He played both positions in 2018 and 2019.

(03-06-2021, 01:09 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-05-2021, 08:21 PM)Bullseye Wrote: You think the Colts take him there, even though he is a RT?

Jenkins has experience playing both RT and LT. He played both positions in 2018 and 2019.

But then why would they move him back to RT?

If a team was sufficiently desperate, I could maybe see them trying him at LT, but I think he's a RT.

(03-06-2021, 09:31 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(03-06-2021, 01:09 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Jenkins has experience playing both RT and LT. He played both positions in 2018 and 2019.

But then why would they move him back to RT?

If a team was sufficiently desperate, I could maybe see them trying him at LT, but I think he's a RT.

I don't know.

(03-05-2021, 10:08 AM)Mikey Wrote:

I totally agree with you on this one. He might even be best at guard.

I’m taking Robert Hainsey from ND or Wyatt Davis from Ohio st in the 2nd round. Both are really stout guards to protect Lawrence or Wilson

(03-05-2021, 02:09 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-05-2021, 10:08 AM)Mikey Wrote: I get this crazy "Cam 2.0" vibe from the evaluations I've read of him. I see him more as a mauler than a technician. I have a feeling he would be dominant at RT, but I really don't want to spend a pick that early on an RT.

You think he could be a dominant RT but you don't want to spend a pick that early on a RT?  Lol,  if we feel a player can be dominant we need to take him regardlessof position.  A mauler is what I want in my RT.

I'll put it a different way. I am pretty dang confident that we can get a great LT at 25. If we pass on LT there, we may not be able to find one. In addition to that, I see a LOT of fantastic players still being on the board when our second pick (25) comes around.

I think if you are looking for a great RT in this darft, you can find one. You don't need to spend the 25th pick on one.

Would you rather have a great LT, or RT? Or, do you take a clone of Cam Robinson, and endure another 3-4 years of fair to middling LT play?