Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Teal is Primary

Please get rid of the Black and White "sunday's finest" church uniforms.
You're Welcome.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-16-2021, 01:36 PM)D6 Wrote: The Teal Jerseys like the one that Bullseye shared a photo of are my favorite Jaguars jerseys.  The only Teal Jersey I hope the Jags don't use again is the jersey with the dark numbers.   It was very difficult for me to identify the jersey numbers.  

The memory I have of the Jaguars black jersey/ black pants combination is the Jaguars 9-0 win in a prime time game vs. the Steelers. ( That jersey / pants combo reminded me of the Oklahoma Outlaws uniforms in the USFL. .) That was the loudest home crowd over the TV I can recall hearing for a Jags home game.  I believe Byron Leftwich was the starting Jags QB at that time.  I'm in the minority but I greatly enjoy hard fought Defensive Battles in which every yard of field possession can have a significant impact on the outcome of the game.

That game is one of my all time favorite home games that I attended.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

The all white joints are top tier

The 90s uniforms were the best. Facts and just saying

(02-16-2021, 03:44 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(02-16-2021, 01:36 PM)D6 Wrote: The Teal Jerseys like the one that Bullseye shared a photo of are my favorite Jaguars jerseys.  The only Teal Jersey I hope the Jags don't use again is the jersey with the dark numbers.   It was very difficult for me to identify the jersey numbers.  

The memory I have of the Jaguars black jersey/ black pants combination is the Jaguars 9-0 win in a prime time game vs. the Steelers. ( That jersey / pants combo reminded me of the Oklahoma Outlaws uniforms in the USFL. .) That was the loudest home crowd over the TV I can recall hearing for a Jags home game.  I believe Byron Leftwich was the starting Jags QB at that time.  I'm in the minority but I greatly enjoy hard fought Defensive Battles in which every yard of field possession can have a significant impact on the outcome of the game.

That game is one of my all time favorite home games that I attended.

I was at that game as well.. One of my favs..  I think it was Teal Night, iirc or something like that..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

Here we go with the amateur fashion designers. Every few seasons you guys come out of...wherever, smh.

(02-16-2021, 05:45 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(02-16-2021, 03:44 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: That game is one of my all time favorite home games that I attended.

I was at that game as well.. One of my favs..  I think it was Teal Night, iirc or something like that..

Back then there were a few members of the board that created another board in order to "compete".  I want to say that it was called "jagnation" or something like that.  They dubbed it "Teal Night" and offered to do teal mohawks for fans.  There were actually quite a few takers at the tailgate party.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(02-16-2021, 03:44 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: That game is one of my all time favorite home games that I attended.

You very well might be correct. I definitely stand corrected.

In finding out that the Jaguars 9-0 win over the Steelers was in 2006,  I realized the Jaguars black on black prime time game was a different game.  The black and black game I had in mind was a much later in the season game and it was earlier than 2006.  As it turns out, it was in late November, 2003 prime time against the defending Super Bowl Champion Bucs. 

Jacksonville Jaguars Fred Taylor (28) rushed for 118 yards in the Jaguars 17-10 victory over the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in Jacksonville, November 30, 2003. Taylor passed 1,000 yards on the season for the second year in a row. The Buccaneers Shelton Quarles (53) tackles at right. REUTERS/Mark Wallheiser MW/GAC Stock Photo - Alamy

The great memories that you and jagibelieve shared from the Jags 9-0 win over the Steelers reinforces to me that this was indeed the loudest Jaguars crowd noise home game I saw / heard on TV. The win over the Bucs in 2003 had an enthusiastic crowd.  But the 9-0 win over the Steelers felt like a playoff atmosphere.

(02-16-2021, 06:15 PM)Djb2882 Wrote: Here we go with the amateur fashion designers. Every few seasons you guys come out of...wherever, smh.

Haha.

(02-16-2021, 06:25 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(02-16-2021, 05:45 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: I was at that game as well.. One of my favs..  I think it was Teal Night, iirc or something like that..

Back then there were a few members of the board that created another board in order to "compete".  I want to say that it was called "jagnation" or something like that.  They dubbed it "Teal Night" and offered to do teal mohawks for fans.  There were actually quite a few takers at the tailgate party.

If I recall correctly, the Jagnation board was the driving force in trying to help improve Jaguars attendance, by setting up a site in which people could donate to a ticket fund. The tickets were then given to many in the United States Military. 

(02-16-2021, 06:25 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(02-16-2021, 05:45 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: I was at that game as well.. One of my favs..  I think it was Teal Night, iirc or something like that..

I definitely took part in the electric teal lemonades at the tailgate.. Couldn't stand the smell of vodka for about a year afterwards haha

(This post was last modified: 02-17-2021, 04:48 PM by mikesez.)

The teal night happened in response to a game two years before. In 2004, Steelers fans seemed to take over the stadium with their towels.. the Steelers won a close game that year, rookie Roethlisburger picked on whoever we had opposite Mathis. Pretty sure the Jags wore black on black for that one.
The next time the Steelers came to town, it was a night game again, and, the Jag nation folks organized teal night and the team gave out white foam sticks which get even more prominent on TV than yellow towels.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

Apparently via Retweet[url=https://twitter.com/jaguars/status/1361677782711951362?s=21][/url]

Will there be a Tom Coughlin patch on these new jerseys? Asking for my grandpops who's a big fan.

(This post was last modified: 02-17-2021, 07:56 AM by WingerDinger.)

(02-17-2021, 03:28 AM)Boondog Wrote: Will there be a Tom Coughlin patch on these new jerseys?  Asking for my grandpops who's a big fan.

Tom will get his acknowledgment during alzheimers awareness week..

(This post was last modified: 02-17-2021, 09:28 AM by Mikey.)

(02-16-2021, 11:00 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I like our logo better now but I liked those black helmets that had the teal pearl in them

This, this, a thousand times this.

(02-16-2021, 12:08 PM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(02-16-2021, 10:31 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Please dear God, no more two toned helmets. That was abysmal.

Agreed. Didn't mind the uniforms but that helmet made it looked like they were trying to save money by only painting half.

The quintessential nike-ism, "Just because you can doesn't mean you should."

I'm sure Shad made some coin letting them use us as guinea pigs.

(This post was last modified: 02-17-2021, 09:35 AM by Mikey.)

It was the night they gave everyone 'swizzle sticks', and instead of waving them over our heads, we were making giant um, "zeroes" with them. Yeah, that's the ticket.

(02-17-2021, 03:28 AM)Boondog Wrote: Will there be a Tom Coughlin patch on these new jerseys?  Asking for my grandpops who's a big fan.

Dear god no, why would we curse ourselves thrice?

(02-17-2021, 07:53 AM)WingerDinger Wrote:

Tom will get his acknowledgment during alzheimers awareness week..

Forgetting Tom would be a blessing in disguise.

https://twitter.com/jaguars/status/13620...20673?s=21

What a time! Teal is back!

(02-17-2021, 12:11 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: https://twitter.com/jaguars/status/13620...20673?s=21

What a time! Teal is back!

That gives me chills!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(This post was last modified: 02-17-2021, 01:06 PM by mikesez.)

Awesome.
Video shows white pants with white socks and black pants with teal socks. Both are great looks to go with the teal tops.
Hopefully the quality of play is worthy of them.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.