Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Price to slide from #1 to #2

(02-17-2021, 11:45 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Watson from the texans and their 3rd round pick this year and 1st round next year.

Did the Texans hire you as their GM or something?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-18-2021, 12:38 AM)The Eleventh Doctor Wrote:
(02-17-2021, 11:45 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Watson from the texans and their 3rd round pick this year and 1st round next year.

Did the Texans hire you as their GM or something?

No but Watson is proven while Lawerence is not.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(02-18-2021, 01:45 AM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(02-18-2021, 12:38 AM)The Eleventh Doctor Wrote: Did the Texans hire you as their GM or something?

No but Watson is proven while Lawerence is not.

Watson is only proven to put up garbage stats on losing teams.
Hasn't one anything at the NFL level.

Doesn't have measurables and has never been considered a generational talent.
Plus he's small, slow (4.68 40, a super slow defensive back speed) and has already suffered a major injury.

(This post was last modified: 02-18-2021, 09:21 AM by Mikey.)

(02-17-2021, 12:18 PM)Hurricane Wrote: Call me crazy but if the Texans were able to acquire a top 5 pick this year and a 1st next year, id make the trade with Watson being included.

Everyones convinced TL is going to be a sure thing. Its very possible they are right but i think alot of it comes down to how they are coached. I'm a believer in a system, a system that makes the players better. Most of them time you are picking #1 because your teams system has sucked. Our situation is a bit different because we don't really know what to expect.

Someone like Watson was in a crappy situation in Houston and still has excelled even after they gave away the best receiver in the league.

I guess I'm just not a gambling man. I would prefer something proven over something that could be.

Okay, I'll bite.

You're crazy.

Wink

(02-17-2021, 10:08 PM)The Eleventh Doctor Wrote: Pick #2
Pick #23
Pick #34
Pick #66
2022 1st Round Pick
2022 2nd Round Pick
2022 3rd Round Pick
2023 1st Round Pick
2023 2nd Round Pick
2023 3rd Round Pick
2024 1st Round Pick
2024 2nd Round Pick
2024 3rd Round Pick
2025 1st Round Pick

[JW]

....the NFL limits draft pick trades to three years in advance.

[/JW]

(02-18-2021, 02:11 AM)Tank Commander Wrote:
(02-18-2021, 01:45 AM)jaguarmvp Wrote: No but Watson is proven while Lawerence is not.

Plus he's small, slow (4.68 40, a super slow defensive back speed) and has already suffered a major injury.

I am not paying my QB to run a 40. That is beyond a meaningless stat in the big picture.

The biggest picture is the cap implication: The easiest way to succeed in today's league is to get a great QB on a rookie deal and spend to fill around him. Watson will have you doing the opposite (much like Rodgers, Wilson, and soon enough, Mahomes.)

(This post was last modified: 02-18-2021, 09:30 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Once you pay a QB franchise $$ after their Rookie Contract, you need to make sacrifices elsewhere.  One huge benefit of Trevor is that he will be on a rookie contract for 5 years; most likely 4 then we extend him long term.  This enables us to spend at other key positions.

Look at Russell Wilson complaining he doesn't have any help --- that little [BLEEP] is a $32m, $37m and a $40m cap hit over the next 3 years.  Conversely Joe Burrow only costs $8m, 10M, and 12m over that same time period.

(02-18-2021, 02:11 AM)Tank Commander Wrote:
(02-18-2021, 01:45 AM)jaguarmvp Wrote: No but Watson is proven while Lawerence is not.

What in the hell does his speed have to do with playing quarterback?  Manning, Brady, Brees, Rivers, must all suck.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 02-18-2021, 09:32 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Texans were the 3rd worst teams this season.  He was good when he had good talent around him.

If the Jags trade the first pick away and pass on Trevor, I would think that’s the final nail in the coffin for this franchise, and potentially my fandom.

(02-18-2021, 09:49 AM)SamusAranX Wrote: If the Jags trade the first pick away and pass on Trevor, I would think that’s the final nail in the coffin for this franchise, and potentially my fandom.

They're not going to do that because something pulled Urban Meyer out of retirement and I doubt it was the chance to coach a 1-15 team.

(02-18-2021, 11:36 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(02-18-2021, 09:49 AM)SamusAranX Wrote: If the Jags trade the first pick away and pass on Trevor, I would think that’s the final nail in the coffin for this franchise, and potentially my fandom.

They're not going to do that because something pulled Urban Meyer out of retirement and I doubt it was the chance to coach a 1-15 team.

Well yes, the opportunity to coach Tim Tebow in the pros obviously.  Ninja
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I would t trade any amount of picks if you get a chance at your franchise QB unless you get one in return + a boatload of picks. Any other trade is unacceptable

Keeping TL allows the Jags 2-3 years to rebuild with some real hope. Trading him in the division would be high risk because we can't deal with another 15 year run that someone like Peyton Manning had. We all know D. Watson can't do it alone and could never get it done in the playoffs, even when they had a 24-0 lead on KC 2 years ago.

(This post was last modified: 02-18-2021, 03:26 PM by Djb2882.)

What I see in this scenario is a choice between a football decision (a ransom of draft picks acquired) and a business decision (a highly touted prospect) presently, however the football decision could prove to be a good business decision and the business decision could become a good football decision. My personal choice would be to make the football decision and take the picks should they be offered; yet at the moment, when taking in the historic and present state of the franchise from a notoriety standpoint, Lawrence almost has to be picked because of the business interests to be gained. Not since Tebow has the team had an opportunity to acquire a player that comes with this level of interest.

(02-17-2021, 07:32 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I do not budge at any price.  Trevor Lawrence represents so much more than just a QB.  He represents the ultimate reboot of this flailing franchise.  Trevor Lawrence will sell 20,000 season tickets.  Trevor Lawrence will sell hundreds of thousands of jerseys.  Trevor Lawrence will get the schoolkids and the corporate sponsors interested in the Jaguars.  

I've got my heart set on Trevor Lawrence and the future with Trevor Lawrence.  I have no interest in trading him away at any price.  I know that's illogical, but after spending a couple of months imagining our future with Trevor Lawrence, I'm pretty fixed on that.

Besides, history shows how incredibly important a franchise QB can be to the success of a team.  It's not that hard to build around that guy when you find one, but it's very hard to find one.  And since TL is apparently is one of those very rare can't-miss prospects, you don't trade that away.  Period.

This is so perfectly said. 

There is no reason to even get into all this. Lawrence has been the pick ever since we were awarded the #1 pick.

We have starved for a QB since Mark went to Washington.

Lawrence represents soooo much more. Subway, Burger King, Car Dealerships, Foundations, etc etc etc etc will be chomping at the bit to get his face on there products.

He also represents the face of the Jaguars for the next 12-15 years. I would compare it to Lebron James rejuvenating Cleveland. He will be the first overall pick in our team’s history. 

He will be the most important draft prospect in franchise history as well.

Nothing is really worth it because it's a generational QB plus on a rookie contract for the next couple years.

But I'd say 20 #1 picks over the next 30 year.

For everyone saying they want Watson.... he had hall of fame JJ Watt on defense and Hall of fame Nuke at WR And still didn’t win anything. Btw he is gonna cost a fortune and require a huge contract.

Watson would have LESS here in Jax. I’ll take my chances on a generational talent on a rookie deal.

Tom Brady and a one time use time machine back 20 years.

First off I wouldn't trade. Those wanting to entice the jags to do so should just be told not interested. If pressed tell them. we would require all their first through 6th draft picks each year for the next 5 years.
On top of that we would require they assume 35 million of our cap money for those 5 years. Any takers?
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(02-18-2021, 11:26 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: For everyone saying they want Watson.... he had hall of fame  JJ Watt on defense and Hall of fame Nuke at WR And still didn’t win anything. Btw he is gonna cost a fortune and require a huge contract.

Watson would have LESS here in Jax. I’ll take my chances on a generational talent on a rookie deal.

Watson has won nothing. 
Just garbage stats.
And he was the third most sacked QB in the league last year (sacked 49 times). He was sacked 62 times 2 years ago. This means he's too slow and immobile to avoid the rush and/or doesn't have pro style pocket passer elite level skills.

All that at a high price tag.
And with one major injury under his belt.

At least Russell Wilson has won a super bowl.  But the Seahawks window was before Wilson got out of his rookie contract.  Now he takes up too much cap room.