Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Price to slide from #1 to #2

(02-17-2021, 10:08 PM)The Eleventh Doctor Wrote: Pick #2
Pick #23
Pick #34
Pick #66
2022 1st Round Pick
2022 2nd Round Pick
2022 3rd Round Pick
2023 1st Round Pick
2023 2nd Round Pick
2023 3rd Round Pick
2024 1st Round Pick
2024 2nd Round Pick
2024 3rd Round Pick
2025 1st Round Pick

My answer to the question of whether I would be willing to trade Trevor Lawrence is that there isn't anything realistic that I would accept.  I put in the word "realistic" in there because of the above.  I would trade Trevor Lawrence for this.  Let's even throw out the 2025 1st Round Pick since it is my understanding that you can't trade picks that far into the future.  Under this scenario, we could take Zach Wilson at #2.  Granted it's over time, but we would then have 4 first rounders, 4 second rounders and 4 third rounders.  If we wanted, we could use the third rounders in trade to turn the second rounders into first rounders or at least early second rounders.  Since Lawrence only helps the offense, let's assume we also use those picks only on the offense.  We could have a starting offense that consists of Zach Wilson at quarterback, James Robinson at running back, D.J. Chark at wide receiver and then 4 first rounders and 4 first rounder/early second rounders.  This would also free the Jaguars to use all of their regular early draft picks and all of their available free agency money exclusively on defense, so the defense would likely be extremely good too.  This team would be a nearly unstoppable dynasty.

Again, it would never would happen, but it's a fun thought.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 02-21-2021, 10:05 AM by RicoTx.)

(02-20-2021, 01:16 PM)Tank Commander Wrote:
(02-18-2021, 11:26 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: For everyone saying they want Watson.... he had hall of fame  JJ Watt on defense and Hall of fame Nuke at WR And still didn’t win anything. Btw he is gonna cost a fortune and require a huge contract.

Watson would have LESS here in Jax. I’ll take my chances on a generational talent on a rookie deal.

Watson has won nothing. 
Just garbage stats.
And he was the third most sacked QB in the league last year (sacked 49 times). He was sacked 62 times 2 years ago. This means he's too slow and immobile to avoid the rush and/or doesn't have pro style pocket passer elite level skills.

All that at a high price tag.
And with one major injury under his belt.

At least Russell Wilson has won a super bowl.  But the Seahawks window was before Wilson got out of his rookie contract.  Now he takes up too much cap room.

You certainly have a 'unique' view of Watson.  I'll say that much.  Probably not another person in the world sees him this way.  I sincerely hope you're trolling.  I can have an objective view of Watson without wanting to trade for him.  I don't have to make up [BLEEP] to provide some sort of 'reason'.

By the way. He's been to the playoffs twice in four years, so how is that putting up 'garbage time stats on losing teams'?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(02-21-2021, 10:02 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(02-20-2021, 01:16 PM)Tank Commander Wrote: Watson has won nothing. 
Just garbage stats.
And he was the third most sacked QB in the league last year (sacked 49 times). He was sacked 62 times 2 years ago. This means he's too slow and immobile to avoid the rush and/or doesn't have pro style pocket passer elite level skills.

All that at a high price tag.
And with one major injury under his belt.

At least Russell Wilson has won a super bowl.  But the Seahawks window was before Wilson got out of his rookie contract.  Now he takes up too much cap room.

You certainly have a 'unique' view of Watson.  I'll say that much.  Probably not another person in the world sees him this way.  I sincerely hope you're trolling.  I can have an objective view of Watson without wanting to trade for him.  I don't have to make up [BLEEP] to provide some sort of 'reason'.

By the way. He's been to the playoffs twice in four years, so how is that putting up 'garbage time stats on losing teams'?

Like I said before Rico, lets see what happens.
You seem to think he's a HOF level QB, so if he makes the HOF I'll eat crow.
If he doesn't make the HOF then you eat crow.

(02-21-2021, 04:51 PM)Tank Commander Wrote:
(02-21-2021, 10:02 AM)RicoTx Wrote: You certainly have a 'unique' view of Watson.  I'll say that much.  Probably not another person in the world sees him this way.  I sincerely hope you're trolling.  I can have an objective view of Watson without wanting to trade for him.  I don't have to make up [BLEEP] to provide some sort of 'reason'.

Like I said before Rico, lets see what happens.

And there you go.  Continue to make [BLEEP] up.

Color me shocked.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(02-21-2021, 05:54 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(02-21-2021, 04:51 PM)Tank Commander Wrote: Like I said before Rico, lets see what happens.

And there you go.  Continue to make [BLEEP] up.

Color me shocked.

If you are going to trade 4 #1 and two starters.  You better be getting a HOF level QB, don't you agree.

I've never said Watson was horrible. He's a good QB, just not an elite or HOF level QB in my valuation.

This city is so excited to have TL that there is no price. Apparently, the ticket office has been overwhelmed by requests (finally) that they informed season ticket holders renewal will begin in March so no need to call to ensure their tix were let go due to Covid last year --- a lot of people were not going to renew last year so the Jags waived 2020 for season ticket holders and ensured them they would have the same rights to their seats for 2021.

They'll be No King's Randsome given to simply move from the 2 Spot to the #1 Spot. If a team wanted our top pick and they're picking in the 7 Spot or above, then we could be demanding.

ALL-N-ALL, HECK-TA-DA-NAW. Select our Franchise QB and build around him.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

There is no price at this point. Unless you don't want to win a Super Bowl. TL will have us to the playoffs and to a Superbowl
in the next four years before we have to pay him a boat load of money. Then money will cramp us. So load up now both sides of the ball and ride the Trevor train.
Mine is bigger.

Fun to speculate but hell no.

(This post was last modified: 02-22-2021, 05:34 PM by Tank Commander.)

I'm hungry, so I would be willing to slide down to the first team that brings me a bucket of fried chicken
[Image: jollibees-bucketfriedchickenspaghetti-10...ze=994,559]

(02-22-2021, 05:34 PM)Tank Commander Wrote: I'm hungry, so I would be willing to slide down to the first team that brings me a bucket of fried chicken
[Image: jollibees-bucketfriedchickenspaghetti-10...ze=994,559]

I’m going to suggest a multivitamin at the minimum.

(This post was last modified: 02-22-2021, 08:10 PM by WingerDinger.)

The peach mango pie might be worth it..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

What the hell is a Jollibee in the first place? What region is that?

I think you have to take into consideration that when the draft finally comes around that TLaw may not be the top prospect on everyone's board.

Say for instance the jets feel confident that we will be taking TLaw first, so they they spend all their time and energy evaluating someone like Zack Wilson to be their pick.

What so often happens with human nature is that all that time and energy leads to people being enamored and they may eventually convince themselves that Wilson is actually the better pick and the guy they must have.

Usually what happens, because people tend to run their mouth, word gets out that the jets are in love with Wilson and are excited to be sitting there at #2 and able to pick Wilson.

Because the jags know this, as the draft nears, we might throw around the idea that we also think that Wilson might be our guy.

This throws the jets off guard and they panic and start offering draft picks to swap places just to make sure we don't take their guy.

The jets end up with Wilson and we still get TLaw and probably another high pick or picks.

I know this is hypothetical, but situations like this have happened before.

It's a reason why you don't announce who your are going to pick first overall until you have to.

(This post was last modified: 02-22-2021, 09:07 PM by Tank Commander.)

(02-22-2021, 08:11 PM)Jags Wrote: What the hell is a Jollibee in the first place? What region is that?

Located in: Kernan Village
Address: 11884 Atlantic Blvd, Jacksonville, FL 32225
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_R...orida.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vO-0OF4YZro

(02-22-2021, 08:29 PM)Predator Wrote: This throws the jets off guard and they panic and start offering draft picks to swap places just to make sure we don't take their guy.

The jets end up with Wilson and we still get TLaw and probably another high pick or picks.

It's a reason why you don't announce who your are going to pick first overall until you have to.

A number of teams contacted the Cowboys when they announced that they would trade Walker. The New York Giants were among the first teams to express interest. Walker had started his professional career at the Meadowlands with the New Jersey Generals during the United States Football League's three-year run and was amenable to a return to Giants Stadium; however, the trade would have been unfavorable for Dallas since both teams were in the NFC East division. The Atlanta Falcons entered into negotiations, but eventually pulled out over fear of Walker's future contract demands. The most serious offer came from the Cleveland Browns.

Johnson stated, "[The Browns] offered us a player, a couple of future number one draft picks and three number two draft picks." The Cowboys felt this was a favorable offer, but they also felt that if another team were to enter the discussion, then they could generate a bidding war and thereby get even more compensation. Jimmy Johnson and team owner Jerry Jones decided to contact other clubs to generate buzz and create leverage. Johnson contacted Minnesota Vikings general manager Mike Lynn. Johnson told Lynn that he was going to trade Walker to Cleveland that afternoon, and that if Minnesota would like to trade for Walker, then it would cost them "players, draft picks, conditional picks, and provisions", giving Lynn a deadline of 6:30 p.m. Lynn, feeling Walker was the missing piece to a Super Bowl run, faxed Johnson that he was interested, and soon after negotiations ensued. In order to get Walker to agree to a trade, the Cowboys paid him a $1.25 million "exit bonus".[3]

(02-22-2021, 08:29 PM)Predator Wrote: I think you have to take into consideration that when the draft finally comes around that TLaw may not be the top prospect on everyone's board.

Say for instance the jets feel confident that we will be taking TLaw first, so they they spend all their time and energy evaluating someone like Zack Wilson to be their pick.

What so often happens with human nature is that all that time and energy leads to people being enamored and they may eventually convince themselves that Wilson is actually the better pick and the guy they must have.

Usually what happens, because people tend to run their mouth, word gets out that the jets are in love with Wilson and are excited to be sitting there at #2 and able to pick Wilson.

Because the jags know this, as the draft nears, we might throw around the idea that we also think that Wilson might be our guy.

This throws the jets off guard and they panic and start offering draft picks to swap places just to make sure we don't take their guy.

It's also lying season, so I don't believe anything coming out of anyone's mouths. If you gamble with a trade, expect not to get the top guy on your board.

I'm sure the FO will happily entertain offers during their allotted time, but it is going to have to be multiple kings' ransoms to get any movement from R1 pick 1.

(02-23-2021, 09:56 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(02-22-2021, 08:29 PM)Predator Wrote: I think you have to take into consideration that when the draft finally comes around that TLaw may not be the top prospect on everyone's board.

It's also lying season, so I don't believe anything coming out of anyone's mouths. If you gamble with a trade, expect not to get the top guy on your board.

I'm sure the FO will happily entertain offers during their allotted time, but it is going to have to be multiple kings' ransoms to get any movement from R1 pick 1.

It would have to be something crazy like the Glazer's swapping Man Untied for Fulham FC.