Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Wentz to the Colts for 2 draft picks

I've followed the Eagles closely for years and there's two parts to this: Carson on the field, and Carson off the field. Even immediately following the Super Bowl season there were leaks and whispers about his work ethic, his ability to take tough coaching, and his overall grip on the locker room. If he plays well there will still be lingering off-field and injury issues. I, for one, am glad he's in the division.
Truth doesn't make a noise.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

It can't be too bad if Frank Reich wants him. Reich must feel he can handle whatever it is that Wentz is missing.

(02-18-2021, 06:20 PM)The CanDoBetter Wrote: It can't be too bad if Frank Reich wants him. Reich must feel he can handle whatever it is that Wentz is missing.

Accuracy
Decision making
Leadership
Believing he’s better than he is
Refusing to take criticism
Refusing to be coached
Providing any tangible benefit to his team

Stellar analysis.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

It's a great move for Indy.

Didn't have to give up the farm like the Rams or team that gets Watson did.
Gave up relatively little while having the ideal guy in former coach Reich who may be able to fix him.

It's basically them drafting a QB this year in the 1st round (except Wentz has experience and if can be fixed will just be asked to game manage)

(02-18-2021, 08:56 PM)Tank Commander Wrote: It's a great move for Indy.

Gave up relatively little while having the ideal guy in former coach Reich who may be able to fix him.

It's basically them drafting a QB this year in the 1st round (except Wentz has experience and if can be fixed will just be asked to game manage)

@...you say this about a guy with a 4.77 40 time?@

And yes, they will be spending their 2022 first round pick on a 29-year old (next season) QB, unless he misses time to injury. Grape job.

(This post was last modified: 02-23-2021, 06:55 PM by Bullseye.)

I kinda look at the trade from the Eagles' perspective.  

It was horrible.  

This is what they gave up to get Wentz in the draft.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news...4jyfguwgt8

They signed him to a huge contract.  Their Super Bowl winning coach soured on him.  They fired the SB winning coach because of that, only to end up agreeing with the coach they fired, traded him away, and only then for a small fraction of what they paid to get him.

For Indy, it was a low risk, high reward pick.  

If he bombs in Indy...no big loss.  A 3rd and a conditional 2.

If he succeeds, it'll be well worth the price.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 02-23-2021, 06:22 PM by Tank Commander.)

(02-19-2021, 09:55 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(02-18-2021, 08:56 PM)Tank Commander Wrote: It's a great move for Indy.

@...you say this about a guy with a 4.77 40 time?@

And yes, they will be spending their 2022 first round pick on a 29-year old (next season) QB, unless he misses time to injury. Grape job.

Yes, Grape job indeed, Mikey.
[Image: il_570xN.1918546335_gayt.jpg]

He's slow which is to be expected from such a giant but his 3 cone for such a big man is amazing. 
6.86 3 cone.
That gave him agility in the pocket to extend plays but he may have lost that ability post knee injury.
People seem to be uncertain about that.

(02-23-2021, 05:09 PM)Bullseye Wrote: I kinda look at the trade from the Eagles' perspective.  

It was horrible.  

This is what they gave up to get Wentz in the draft.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news...4jyfguwgt8

They signed him to a huge contract.  Their Super Bowl winning coach soured on him.  They fired the SB winning coach because of that, only to end up agreeing with the coach they fired, traded him away, and only then for a small fraction of what they paid to get him.

For Indy, it was a low risk, high reward pick.  

If he bombs in Indy...no big loss.  A 3rd and a conditional 2.

If he suvveeds, it'll be well worth the price.

Yup exactly.  They traded the farm to get this guy and sold him for peanuts.

This is why you better be sure you are getting an elite HOF level QB if you are gonna trade the farm for them.

So we're going to get Eason and Ehrlinger from our hated division rival this year. Bummer...
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Wentz is injury prone always has been no? No surprise to me.
No Fun

It cracks me up how people get labelled 'injury prone'. He's missed 12 games in a five year career. Played two full 16 game seasons. And 4 of those 12 missed games were when he got pulled for Hurts last year because he was playing [BLEEP].
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

[Image: 20210731-093634.jpg]

(07-30-2021, 01:36 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: So we're going to get Eason and Ehrlinger from our hated division rival this year. Bummer...

Zero sympathy from me.

The Colts have gone the better part of three decades with Pro Bowl caliber quarterbacking between Manning, Luck and Rivers.

On top of that, there's no guarantee Season or Ehrlinger will suck, especially with Reich developing them and their OL.

But I hope they struggle mightily.

Wow. What a surprise. Well then. I heard they might want to trade for fools gold. I'm just playing about nick. I actually think he can be a good qb in the right situation. He had some bad luck with our jags and so did the jags. So, maybe the jags can sneak into that 2 spot now? Maybe sneak into the 1 spot. The titans offense is nice but the defense is blah. Also, I'm not feeling sorry for the colts either. They have always been lucky with their qbs for years

The panic and resignation is already setting in on the Colts board.

https://forums.colts.com/topic/70897-tra...day-4-731/

(07-31-2021, 09:14 PM)Bullseye Wrote: The panic and resignation is already setting in on the Colts board.

Teams that need a 20 year run of futility like the Jaguars are currently in: Steelers, Colts, Pats, Packers, titans, and texans.

Hopefully this season is the start of an extended dose of losing to test the fan mettle for several of the above mentioned teams. Maybe the only city more in need of a couple of decades of futility than Indianapolis is Green Bay. Theirs is coming, too.

(08-01-2021, 07:36 AM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(07-31-2021, 09:14 PM)Bullseye Wrote: The panic and resignation is already setting in on the Colts board.

Teams that need a 20 year run of futility like the Jaguars are currently in: Steelers, Colts, Pats, Packers, titans, and texans.

Hopefully this season is the start of an extended dose of losing to test the fan mettle for several of the above mentioned teams. Maybe the only city more in need of a couple of decades of futility than Indianapolis is Green Bay. Theirs is coming, too.

Agreed, though I remember a 25 year run of futility for the Packers.  Though I know Steelers history involved a forty year stretch of futility, I was only 3 when that stretch ended.  While they have had the occasional down year since then, they have never been paper bag on head...tank for blank bad. In. I would say very few alive today actually remember that 40 year stretch.

I would say if any fan base deserves a prolonged drought, it's the Steelers, though every team you listed deserve prolonged suckage.

(08-01-2021, 07:36 AM)SeldomRite Wrote:

I think the Texans might have a long term problem on their hands with a seriously inept owner who inherited the team.

(08-01-2021, 12:56 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(08-01-2021, 07:36 AM)SeldomRite Wrote: Teams that need a 20 year run of futility like the Jaguars are currently in: Steelers, Colts, Pats, Packers, titans, and texans.

Agreed, though I remember a 25 year run of futility for the Packers.  Though I know Steelers history involved a forty year stretch of futility, I was only 3 when that stretch ended.  While they have had the occasional down year since then, they have never been paper bag on head...tank for blank bad. In. I would say very few alive today actually remember that 40 year stretch.

I would say if any fan base deserves a prolonged drought, it's the Steelers, though every team you listed deserve prolonged suckage.

Yeah, 45 years ago they were a bad team, they've been a contender in every decades since then. I'd like to see them not win another AFC central title until 2050. I just can't forgive the Packers because they've had back to back hall of fame QBs. Their fan base is worshipped, but hasn't been tested for decades, and 30 years ago they were playing home games out of market like the Jags have been doing recently. It's easy to keep a waiting list when you're winning. Let's see how twenty-plus years of only occasionally sniffing a winning record affects it.

(08-01-2021, 01:18 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(08-01-2021, 07:36 AM)SeldomRite Wrote: Teams that need a 20 year run of futility like the Jaguars are currently in: Steelers, Colts, Pats, Packers, titans, and texans.

I think the Texans might have a long term problem on their hands with a seriously inept owner who inherited the team.

I hope so, I can't stand texas.