Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tony Khan promoted by Jacksonville Jaguars

I don't see how anyone can justifiably be "promoted" when the team was 1-15 last year.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-21-2021, 10:27 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I don't see how anyone can justifiably be "promoted" when the team was 1-15 last year.

You guys don't seem to understand.  An owner cannot be fired or demoted.  People like that get "promoted" and someone else takes his former job.  He got kicked upstairs and replaced in his former job.

Tony Khan is being groomed to replace Shad Khan when it's deemed necessary. Unlike Mr. Khan, of which had to rely on other owners and staff to guide this franchise, Tony will have an Much Better foundation when the team will be his alone.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(02-22-2021, 07:24 AM)NH3 Wrote: Tony Khan is being groomed to replace Shad Khan when it's deemed necessary. Unlike Mr. Khan, of which had to rely on other owners and staff to guide this franchise, Tony will have an Much Better foundation when the team will be his alone.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

.[Image: 5886128.jpg]

(02-22-2021, 12:22 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(02-22-2021, 07:24 AM)NH3 Wrote: Tony Khan is being groomed to replace Shad Khan when it's deemed necessary. Unlike Mr. Khan, of which had to rely on other owners and staff to guide this franchise, Tony will have an Much Better foundation when the team will be his alone.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

.[Image: 5886128.jpg]

I LMFAO. Good one.

(02-21-2021, 10:27 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I don't see how anyone can justifiably be "promoted" when the team was 1-15 last year.

Lol, the business made like a billion dollars. You conflate winning games with success.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I listened to a sloan conference panel with Kassam and I think this is going to work out well for the Jags.

Shad, please give me something too.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

Laughing
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

Idk, I get it. I own my business and somehow I was awarded employee of the month for 168 consecutive months. I need a bigger house to hold all the frames. Maybe I should give myself a promotion.

Some of you guys are pretty dense.

"Promotions" like this are simply guys giving up a spot to a better person and kicking themselves upstairs. There's nothing wrong with that. It's usually a good move.

(02-23-2021, 06:25 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Some of you guys are pretty dense.  

"Promotions" like this are simply guys giving up a spot to a better person and kicking themselves upstairs.   There's nothing wrong with that.  It's usually a good move.

Would you share with us the examples of this strategy on which you base your conclusion?
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(02-23-2021, 07:00 AM)Sneakers Wrote:

"Promotions" like this are simply guys giving up a spot to a better person and kicking themselves upstairs.   There's nothing wrong with that.  It's usually a good move.

Would you share with us the examples of this strategy on which you base your conclusion?

Myself, for one.  In my business career, I often hired someone to do a job I was doing, who could do it better than I could.  It's called delegating.   I don't understand why you guys can't understand this.  Tony Khan delegated his job to a person who could do it better than he could, and gave himself a promotion.  It's an intelligent thing to do.

(02-23-2021, 07:00 AM)Sneakers Wrote:

Jonathan Kraft started with the Pats as a VP the year his dad bought the team. He was a couple years out of grad school at the time, moved uo to vice-chairman and now he's the President of both the team and Kraft Group. Steven Jones in Dallas is a similar story.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 02-23-2021, 09:10 AM by CanDoBetter.)

(02-23-2021, 08:27 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(02-23-2021, 07:00 AM)Sneakers Wrote: Would you share with us the examples of this strategy on which you base your conclusion?

Jonathan Kraft started with the Pats as a VP the year his dad bought the team. He was a couple years out of grad school at the time, moved uo to vice-chairman and now he's the President of both the team and Kraft Group. Steven Jones in Dallas is a similar story.

Sure, and this is how it should work. Owners should groom their successors in all areas. 

Now, what is Tony doing with the auto parts? What concerns me about him is that he seems to be the idiot son who won't or can't be trusted to run Shad's main business.

(02-23-2021, 08:19 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(02-23-2021, 07:00 AM)Sneakers Wrote: Would you share with us the examples of this strategy on which you base your conclusion?

Myself, for one.  In my business career, I often hired someone to do a job I was doing, who could do it better than I could.  It's called delegating.   I don't understand why you guys can't understand this.  Tony Khan delegated his job to a person who could do it better than he could, and gave himself a promotion.  It's an intelligent thing to do.

I'm familiar with delegating.  I didn't realize Tony had discussed the move with you personally in such detail.  Did you ask why he didn't delegate the job sooner, especially given the highly competitive nature of the industry and the emphasis placed on winning?  That would seem to be the most intelligent thing to do.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(02-23-2021, 09:14 AM)Sneakers Wrote:
(02-23-2021, 08:19 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Myself, for one.  In my business career, I often hired someone to do a job I was doing, who could do it better than I could.  It's called delegating.   I don't understand why you guys can't understand this.  Tony Khan delegated his job to a person who could do it better than he could, and gave himself a promotion.  It's an intelligent thing to do.

I'm familiar with delegating.  I didn't realize Tony had discussed the move with you personally in such detail.  Did you ask why he didn't delegate the job sooner, especially given the highly competitive nature of the industry and the emphasis placed on winning?  That would seem to be the most intelligent thing to do.

That's the same question I always asked myself.  "This makes so much sense, why didn't I do it before?"  Hindsight is 20-20.

(02-23-2021, 09:14 AM)Sneakers Wrote:
(02-23-2021, 08:19 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Myself, for one.  In my business career, I often hired someone to do a job I was doing, who could do it better than I could.  It's called delegating.   I don't understand why you guys can't understand this.  Tony Khan delegated his job to a person who could do it better than he could, and gave himself a promotion.  It's an intelligent thing to do.

We had people in place before in a different structure, this move is consistent with major organizational change.

It seems like a title that translates into sitting in important meetings and giving your 2 cents, but not really being accountable for anything tangible any longer.

(This post was last modified: 02-23-2021, 03:47 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(02-22-2021, 06:16 PM)Tank Commander Wrote: Shad, please give me something too.

Everyday when we wake up and don't hear news about the Jaguars moving to another city, I realize that Shad is giving us something every single day.