Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tony Khan promoted by Jacksonville Jaguars

(02-23-2021, 08:19 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(02-23-2021, 07:00 AM)Sneakers Wrote: Would you share with us the examples of this strategy on which you base your conclusion?

Myself, for one.  In my business career, I often hired someone to do a job I was doing, who could do it better than I could.  It's called delegating.   I don't understand why you guys can't understand this.  Tony Khan delegated his job to a person who could do it better than he could, and gave himself a promotion.  It's an intelligent thing to do.

Just don’t delegate the hiring to someone else.  That may not end well.  You know want to hire yourself out of your business.  

Side note: there have been times I would have loved to hire a new owner, lol.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-23-2021, 09:10 AM)CanDoBetter Wrote:
(02-23-2021, 08:27 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Jonathan Kraft started with the Pats as a VP the year his dad bought the team. He was a couple years out of grad school at the time, moved uo to vice-chairman and now he's the President of both the team and Kraft Group. Steven Jones in Dallas is a similar story.

Sure, and this is how it should work. Owners should groom their successors in all areas. 

Now, what is Tony doing with the auto parts? What concerns me about him is that he seems to be the idiot son who won't or can't be trusted to run Shad's main business.

That seems a little unfair.  If you were Tony and had the choice between working for an auto parts manufacturer or a professional football team, which would you choose as being more interesting?

(02-23-2021, 06:33 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote:
(02-23-2021, 09:10 AM)CanDoBetter Wrote: Sure, and this is how it should work. Owners should groom their successors in all areas. 

Now, what is Tony doing with the auto parts? What concerns me about him is that he seems to be the idiot son who won't or can't be trusted to run Shad's main business.

That seems a little unfair.  If you were Tony and had the choice between working for an auto parts manufacturer or a professional football team, which would you choose as being more interesting?

I’m sure TK is a very smart individual.  But why would he have a choice? Because he’s the majority owners son? Or because he has the right skill set?  Nothing should be handed to anyone.  I’d feel like a real [BLEEP] if I was a wealthy man because my dad put me in a position.

(02-23-2021, 07:54 PM)Jags Wrote:
(02-23-2021, 06:33 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote: That seems a little unfair.  If you were Tony and had the choice between working for an auto parts manufacturer or a professional football team, which would you choose as being more interesting?

I’m sure TK is a very smart individual.  But why would he have a choice? Because he’s the majority owners son? Or because he has the right skill set?  Nothing should be handed to anyone.  I’d feel like a real [BLEEP] if I was a wealthy man because my dad put me in a position.

Lol, that's because you aren't.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(02-23-2021, 06:33 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote: That seems a little unfair.  If you were Tony and had the choice between working for an auto parts manufacturer or a professional football team, which would you choose as being more interesting?

If I could be like Fonzie, I'd take the auto parts job.

[Image: 8f9a2db590ae27a7cbd99e4d9afc3f69.jpg]

(02-23-2021, 10:29 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:

If I could be like Fonzie, I'd take the auto parts job.

Could turn out more like this

[Image: b015361c97281cf25742841a933b5fe24c8b5f03.jpg]

People getting all up in their feelings about Tony Khan whilst knowing nothing about his actual qualifications has become a fun annual tradition.

(02-24-2021, 05:04 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: People getting all up in their feelings about Tony Khan whilst knowing nothing about his actual qualifications has become a fun annual tradition.

It'll never matter to some people. It'll just be nepotism.

But playing Devil's advocate.... he really hasn't accomplished crap outside of holding on to daddy's coat tails

(02-24-2021, 05:04 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: People getting all up in their feelings about Tony Khan whilst knowing nothing about his actual qualifications has become a fun annual tradition.

Hey, I did say “I’m sure he’s very smart”.  No doubt he isn’t.  Just curious if his expertise or family relations gave him the job.   Btw, not to get too deep or political, whose winning our bet?  Obviously you are, but with each passing day he’s dying more and more, like all of us, tbh.  Not getting smart. Just wondering.  Could go either way.  That’s a brain teaser.

(02-24-2021, 07:19 PM)Jags Wrote:

Hey, I did say “I’m sure he’s very smart”.  No doubt he isn’t.  Just curious if his expertise or family relations gave him the job.   Btw, not to get too deep or political, whose winning our bet?  Obviously you are, but with each passing day he’s dying more and more, like all of us, tbh.  Not getting smart. Just wondering.  Could go either way.  That’s a brain teaser.

LOL
As long as beer is still part of that bet, I'm good either way.

(02-24-2021, 05:30 PM)In TrivialPursuit Wrote:

It'll never matter to some people. It'll just be nepotism.

But playing Devil's advocate.... he really hasn't accomplished crap outside of holding on to daddy's coat tails
AEW says hello

(02-24-2021, 04:50 PM)Jags Wrote: Could turn out more like this

OMG - Nice Play !!!  I forgot out that one.  Good movie.

(02-21-2021, 12:15 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: Tony Khan doesn’t owe us anything, but I’d like to see some examples of his analytics. I’d like to know if his stuff is reliable or not.

I'm sure it's hit or miss, but I recall reading or hearing back in the 2017 season when the Jaguars were running a lot of those tricky special teams plays and fake punts, etc. and they were all working that a lot of the decision making behind it was due to the analytics of the various situations.

(02-21-2021, 09:11 AM)EricC85 Wrote: Good for him just be careful with the analytics if can’t be the driving force in decision making.

Tell that to Billy Beane.

(This post was last modified: 02-25-2021, 05:33 PM by Jags.)

(02-25-2021, 01:35 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(02-24-2021, 07:19 PM)Jags Wrote: Hey, I did say “I’m sure he’s very smart”.  No doubt he isn’t.  Just curious if his expertise or family relations gave him the job.   Btw, not to get too deep or political, whose winning our bet?  Obviously you are, but with each passing day he’s dying more and more, like all of us, tbh.  Not getting smart. Just wondering.  Could go either way.  That’s a brain teaser.

LOL
As long as beer is still part of that bet, I'm good either way.

You know it.

(02-25-2021, 10:10 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:

OMG - Nice Play !!!  I forgot out that one.  Good movie.

There’s a BIG difference between the Fonz and Tommy Callahan, lol.

(02-24-2021, 04:50 PM)Jags Wrote:
(02-23-2021, 10:29 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: If I could be like Fonzie, I'd take the auto parts job.

Could turn out more like this

Chris Farley was a comic genius. I loved that guy. 

[Image: Chris+Farley+Fat+Guy+In+a+Little+Cat.gif]

(This post was last modified: 02-25-2021, 06:26 PM by Jags.)

(02-25-2021, 05:37 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

Chris Farley was a comic genius. I loved that guy. 

[Image: Chris+Farley+Fat+Guy+In+a+Little+Cat.gif]
I ALMOST want to live in a van down by the river! Lol.  David spade and Christina Applegate couldn’t keep their laughter in on that sketch.