Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Looks like Eifert is the first cut...

(02-23-2021, 11:05 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(02-23-2021, 09:40 AM)Mikey Wrote: @Puttin' all our eggs in Josh Oliver's basket@

That would be a mistake. That dude cannot stay healthy.

(02-23-2021, 10:08 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: He misses 2 games last year.  He's healthy now.  Give me the better player

Smith is more explosive, but it probably won't matter. Both might get franchised.

Yeah, im not to concerned about explosiveness for a TE.  The could tag Henry but he played on the franchise tag last year, im not sure how much he would like that

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-23-2021, 10:14 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-23-2021, 11:05 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: That would be a mistake. That dude cannot stay healthy.

Smith is more explosive, but it probably won't matter. Both might get franchised.

Yeah, im not to concerned about explosiveness for a TE.  The could tag Henry but he played on the franchise tag last year, im not sure how much he would like that

Not many players like to be tagged, but there is nothing they can do about it.

(This post was last modified: 02-23-2021, 10:24 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(02-23-2021, 10:20 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(02-23-2021, 10:14 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Yeah, im not to concerned about explosiveness for a TE.  The could tag Henry but he played on the franchise tag last year, im not sure how much he would like that

Not many players like to be tagged, but there is nothing they can do about it.

He could tell them he wants out of LA.  Not many players get tagged twice which is the most you can tag a player.  If they want to keep him that bad I think they just sign him to an extension

Only 13 players have ever been tagged in back to back years.

(02-23-2021, 10:23 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-23-2021, 10:20 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Not many players like to be tagged, but there is nothing they can do about it.

He could tell them he wants out of LA.  Not many players get tagged twice which is the most you can tag a player.  If they want to keep him that bad I think they just sign him to an extension

That's pretty much his options if they wanna keep him. He either signs to a long term deal that they offer or he plays on the tag. You can try and hold out, but that is a risk and it doesn't always work. He's not a star QB like DeShaun Watson, so he really doesn't have any leverage.

(This post was last modified: 02-23-2021, 10:38 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(02-23-2021, 10:30 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(02-23-2021, 10:23 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: He could tell them he wants out of LA.  Not many players get tagged twice which is the most you can tag a player.  If they want to keep him that bad I think they just sign him to an extension

That's pretty much his options if they wanna keep him. He either signs to a long term deal that they offer or he plays on the tag. You can try and hold out, but that is a risk and it doesn't always work. He's not a star QB like DeShaun Watson, so he really doesn't have any leverage.

Oh its possible, but the odds of a player signing back to back tags are slim.  The team usually knows if they want to keep the player long term or not after the first tag so its usually a extension or they let the player move on, whether its about money or he wants to play elsewhere or whatever.  Watson doesnt have any leverage lol, hes only played one year on a 4 year massive extension.  The only way they will trade him is if they get the compensation like Tony kept saying about Yawn and like we did with Ramsey

(02-23-2021, 10:37 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-23-2021, 10:30 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: That's pretty much his options if they wanna keep him. He either signs to a long term deal that they offer or he plays on the tag. You can try and hold out, but that is a risk and it doesn't always work. He's not a star QB like DeShaun Watson, so he really doesn't have any leverage.

Oh its possible, but the odds of a player signing back to back tags are slim.  The team usually knows if they want to keep the player long term or not after the first tag so its usually a extension or they let the player move on, whether its about money or he wants to play elsewhere or whatever.  Watson doesnt have any leverage lol, hes only played one year on a 4 year massive extension.  The only way they will trade him is if they get the compensation like Tony kept saying about Yawn and like we did with Ramsey

He knows that there is a shortage of good NFL QB's and that another team will pay a massive amount to get him. From everything I read, he's doesn't care about the money as much as he wants out of Houston and he's willing to sit out. He even refuses to answer the phone when the team calls him. Personally, I would play this the same way he is. Houston is a mess and they are getting worse by the day. They are losing all their best players, the team is now talentless at skill positions and they have a small number of draft picks to fill many, many areas of need. McNair has allowed that team to deteriorate to almost nothing. What good player would want to play there?

(This post was last modified: 02-23-2021, 11:07 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(02-23-2021, 10:57 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(02-23-2021, 10:37 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Oh its possible, but the odds of a player signing back to back tags are slim.  The team usually knows if they want to keep the player long term or not after the first tag so its usually a extension or they let the player move on, whether its about money or he wants to play elsewhere or whatever.  Watson doesnt have any leverage lol, hes only played one year on a 4 year massive extension.  The only way they will trade him is if they get the compensation like Tony kept saying about Yawn and like we did with Ramsey

He knows that there is a shortage of good NFL QB's and that another team will pay a massive amount to get him. From everything I read, he's doesn't care about the money as much as he wants out of Houston and he's willing to sit out. He even refuses to answer the phone when the team calls him. Personally, I would play this the same way he is. Houston is a mess and they are getting worse by the day. They are losing all their best players, the team is now talentless at skill positions and they have a small number of draft picks to fill many, many areas of need. McNair has allowed that team to deteriorate to almost nothing. What good player would want to play there?

He shouldn't of signed the extension.  I hope he sits and I hope the don't trade him.

If I could get Darnold though and the Jets 2 1sts. I would do that in a sec if I was Hou

(This post was last modified: 02-24-2021, 12:29 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(02-23-2021, 11:05 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-23-2021, 10:57 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: He knows that there is a shortage of good NFL QB's and that another team will pay a massive amount to get him. From everything I read, he's doesn't care about the money as much as he wants out of Houston and he's willing to sit out. He even refuses to answer the phone when the team calls him. Personally, I would play this the same way he is. Houston is a mess and they are getting worse by the day. They are losing all their best players, the team is now talentless at skill positions and they have a small number of draft picks to fill many, many areas of need. McNair has allowed that team to deteriorate to almost nothing. What good player would want to play there?

He shouldn't of signed the extension.  I hope he sits and I hope the don't trade him.

If I could get Darnold though and the Jets 2 1sts.  I would do that in a sec if I was Hou

Agreed. After they traded away DeAndre Hopkins, he should have seen what was coming. Had it been me, I would have never signed the extension. With that said, he made almost $30 million just last year on the first year of the deal. If I wanted out bad enough, I could easily walk away and live on that the rest of my life and be happy. We'll just have to see what he does. 

I fully believe teams are willing to pay more than that. I bet they get at least a 2nd rounder and a 3rd thrown in as well. Teams are desperate for good QB's right now.

(02-23-2021, 04:00 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(02-22-2021, 08:40 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: I'd make the first offer to Jonnu Smith. Not as injury prone plus we weaken a division rival.

All of our TEs are injury prone  That was one of Dave Cadwell's trademarks.

Nearly all TE's are injury prone over the past few year. Given how much of beating that position takes, blocking DE/LB and taking tackles from Safeties/LB over the middle, it makes sense it is hard to stay healthy. Anyone who has played fantasy the past few years knows that early every above average pass-catching TE has missed a number of games outside of Kelce. And before that, the only real exception was basically Greg Olsen. Guys may have a season or two escaping the injury bug, but it tends to get all of them.

The key is to have a few guys that can fit the playbook, and hopefully provide at least minimal blocking. Henry will be the most expensive option on the market, so would rather get a few of the middle tier guys who fit the system.

(02-24-2021, 12:28 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(02-23-2021, 11:05 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: He shouldn't of signed the extension.  I hope he sits and I hope the don't trade him.

If I could get Darnold though and the Jets 2 1sts.  I would do that in a sec if I was Hou

Agreed. After they traded away DeAndre Hopkins, he should have seen what was coming. Had it been me, I would have never signed the extension. With that said, he made almost $30 million just last year on the first year of the deal. If I wanted out bad enough, I could easily walk away and live on that the rest of my life and be happy. We'll just have to see what he does. 

I fully believe teams are willing to pay more than that. I bet they get at least a 2nd rounder and a 3rd thrown in as well. Teams are desperate for good QB's right now.

The Jets pick at number 2 so no other team will be able to send a pick that high and I'd rather have Darnold than a 3rd

(02-24-2021, 06:58 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-24-2021, 12:28 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Agreed. After they traded away DeAndre Hopkins, he should have seen what was coming. Had it been me, I would have never signed the extension. With that said, he made almost $30 million just last year on the first year of the deal. If I wanted out bad enough, I could easily walk away and live on that the rest of my life and be happy. We'll just have to see what he does. 

The Jets pick at number 2 so no other team will be able to send a pick that high and I'd rather have Darnold than a 3rd

I'm talking Darnold and a 2nd or 3rd rounder. Not a 2nd or 3rd instead of Darnold. If he is traded, it's gonna be a lot bigger than what the Rams gave up for Stafford.

I forgot he was on the team
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(This post was last modified: 02-24-2021, 09:56 AM by Mikey.)

(02-23-2021, 11:05 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(02-23-2021, 09:40 AM)Mikey Wrote: @Puttin' all our eggs in Josh Oliver's basket@

That would be a mistake. That dude cannot stay healthy.

Just FYI, those are sarcasm tags, friend. I don't think I'd put that fake easter grass in Josh Oliver's basket at this point.

(02-23-2021, 04:00 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(02-22-2021, 08:40 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: I'd make the first offer to Jonnu Smith. Not as injury prone plus we weaken a division rival.

All of our TEs are injury prone  That was one of Dave Cadwell's trademarks.

...starting to think that's more a character trait of TE than one GM's calling card. Just look at all of the guys everyone is calling for us to pursue.

(02-23-2021, 03:32 PM)ATLjag Wrote: I would not be surprised to see Eifert test the market, and then re-sign with the Jags at a lower amount than
he was due to make this season.  Also, we'll see another TE, either in FA or the draft.  They will not rely on Oliver given his injury(s) history.

Pitts for the win...
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

(02-24-2021, 09:18 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote:
(02-23-2021, 03:32 PM)ATLjag Wrote: I would not be surprised to see Eifert test the market, and then re-sign with the Jags at a lower amount than
he was due to make this season.  Also, we'll see another TE, either in FA or the draft.  They will not rely on Oliver given his injury(s) history.

Pitts for the win...

There's no way they get him.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(02-25-2021, 02:22 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(02-24-2021, 09:18 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: Pitts for the win...

There's no way they get him.

Well you never know but yeah it would be tough. They'd have to get up in the top 12 or so. Jags do have a ton of draft capital but that's best spent on drafting to build up both lines.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.