Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Texas town has been without running water for over 100 years.

(02-24-2021, 07:47 AM)jagibelieve Wrote: I have no sympathy for the people that choose to live there.  They were offered a buy out/assistance with relocation and they declined.

If the buyout money offered was enough for them to buy a similar size home in the same county but not in a floodplain, I have no sympathy.
If it was not enough for that, I have lots of sympathy.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-23-2021, 10:46 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(02-23-2021, 09:41 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Is that happening to you?

Not yet, but I suppose it could.  The trailer park uphill from me could get bought out and bad things might happen as that land was redeveloped.
But as long as all the Florida DEP and SJRWMD rules are followed, I'll be fine.
However you seem to be saying that government rules like that shouldn't exist.  The government shouldn't try to maintain or restore flood plains, says you. Right?

You're off on another rabbit trail. I don't care if the rules exist or not, it has no relevance to the problem. The problem is the people in that town won't move because they want to stay there or the land isn't valuable enough for them to sell. That's not my problem or yours, it's theirs.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato