Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags Hard Knocks?

(02-24-2021, 05:31 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: I can't believe people waste money on HBO.

The skin flicks are pretty good I hear.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

When are they supposed to make a decision on which team is featured?

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(02-24-2021, 05:31 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: I can't believe people waste money on HBO.

Well... it's their money to "waste" and as far as content goes HBO (especially HBO Max with all the WB stuff) beats a lot of other networks and/or streaming services like Netflix.

I mean... I can't believe people "waste" their money on brand new Escalades and BMWs when a Honda Civic gets you where you're going the same...

(03-03-2021, 02:33 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: When are they supposed to make a decision on which team is featured?

Anyone know when the decision is supposed to be?

Did anyone else listen to Meyer answering the question from Rich Eisen? I think it sounds like it could happen...

(06-04-2021, 01:34 AM)CanDoBetter Wrote: Did anyone else listen to Meyer answering the question from Rich Eisen? I think it sounds like it could happen...

I did not.  Care to tell us what he said?

(06-04-2021, 02:48 AM)JaguarKick Wrote:
(06-04-2021, 01:34 AM)CanDoBetter Wrote: Did anyone else listen to Meyer answering the question from Rich Eisen? I think it sounds like it could happen...

I did not.  Care to tell us what he said?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STS5w3nYJ0Y

The way he mentions Amy Palcic sitting across from him, makes me think they are filming for Hard Knocks and it's supposed to be kept secret.. That's what I took away from that..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

Based on his answers, it looks like he might be open to it.  

But I think Amy Palcic is probably sitting there for all media events.  That's her job.

(This post was last modified: 06-04-2021, 09:33 AM by AlsJagsFan.)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dnuzpkVqKKs

He says in this clip that the teams have full editing power. So I don't think there would be to much revealing in it from a playbook standpoint.
"Don't argue with an idiot, people watching may not be able to tell the difference."

(03-01-2021, 11:46 PM)High Octane Wrote: For selfish reasons, I would absolutely love it. I'm going to be watching Hard Knocks regardless, would be cool if it was the Jags again.

For the NFL, the Jags would possibly be the most interesting/exciting show as well. High profile rookie QB, brand new high profile coach, tons of salary for possible free agent acquisitions, etc.

With that said, I don't think the Jaguars will want to create that kind of distraction.

No way Khan passes up on this opportunity for the Jaguars to get national attention... Its not the coaches choice. lol
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(06-04-2021, 10:20 AM)Ronster Wrote:
(03-01-2021, 11:46 PM)High Octane Wrote: For selfish reasons, I would absolutely love it. I'm going to be watching Hard Knocks regardless, would be cool if it was the Jags again.

For the NFL, the Jags would possibly be the most interesting/exciting show as well. High profile rookie QB, brand new high profile coach, tons of salary for possible free agent acquisitions, etc.

With that said, I don't think the Jaguars will want to create that kind of distraction.

No way Khan passes up on this opportunity for the Jaguars to get national attention... Its not the coaches choice. lol

Personally i'd rather do hard knocks in year 2 of meyer. I want to sneak up on people this year. we could be into October with the division in reach before teams actually start taking the Jags seriously in terms of gameplanning. I think this team has a similar start to the 2017 team with a blowout win against the Texans.
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

They don't start recording for Hard Knocks until training camp. It's a little too early still.

Would love to see them on Hard Knocks though. I watch it every year regardless of who the team is, so if it was our Jags that would be just that much better of a watch.

(03-03-2021, 02:33 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: When are they supposed to make a decision on which team is featured?

I think they made their announcement around June 15th last year. If that’s the case, we may here something pretty soon.

I would love it. Any time I can gain the opportunity to get another angle or insight on this team, it draws me in.

Don’t forget Tebow. I think the Jags have to be HBO’s first option this year for the amount of intrigue.

It would be nice. I want the jags to sneak up on teams this year like they did in 2017 but maybe it's time to come through the front door.

Lawrence, Urban, Tebow, and Gardner are all box office. It’ll be fun to see the underrated characters like DJ Chark, Laviska Shenaut, Shaq Griffin, Ben Bartch, Brandon Linder, and Rayshawn Jenkins.

(This post was last modified: 06-08-2021, 09:47 AM by iapetus.)

(06-04-2021, 01:36 PM)Firesky Wrote:
(06-04-2021, 10:20 AM)Ronster Wrote: No way Khan passes up on this opportunity for the Jaguars to get national attention... Its not the coaches choice. lol

Personally i'd rather do hard knocks in year 2 of meyer. I want to sneak up on people this year. we could be into October with the division in reach before teams actually start taking the Jags seriously in terms of gameplanning. I think this team has a similar start to the 2017 team with a blowout win against the Texans.

The story won't be as interesting in year 2. Jaguars are a perfect candidate this year with a new and exciting coach, a new rookie QB with sky-high expectations, Tebowmania...

(02-24-2021, 02:09 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I hope not

https://www.nfl.com/news/hard-knocks-tea...candidates

I agree with you, but it seems more likely.

I think the team wants the extra exposure.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!