Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Just when you think things can't get more absurd...

Mr. Potato Head no longer a mister

Mr. Potato Head is no longer a mister.

Hasbro, the company that makes the potato-shaped plastic toy, is giving the spud a gender neutral new name: Potato Head. The change will appear on boxes this year.

https://www.fox13now.com/news/national-n...3GwWhHPocU
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Did Mister Potato Head have some kind of elective surgery?

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(This post was last modified: 02-25-2021, 05:22 PM by Jags.)

Is Mrs Potato Head getting eliminated?  If I were a woman, or a man trying to be one, I’d be outraged!!!!

Since they dropped the Mr,  I see an opportunity for normal people to buy their kids an innocent toy.  I’ll call it “Cis-ter Potato Cranium”!  You can buy either a man or woman one.  The parts aren’t interchangeable.   Who wants to buy one?

No takers? Ok... alright... I’ll make minority ones as well.

We can have Cis-tah potato cranium. It’s a female African American Vegetable. I’m not a racist here. I’ll take anyone’s money.

(02-25-2021, 03:29 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Did Mister Potato Head have some kind of elective surgery?

I could add a joke right here, but then I would have to give myself a warning.

Next they are going to say that Mr. Ed was actually a mare.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(02-25-2021, 07:19 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(02-25-2021, 03:29 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Did Mister Potato Head have some kind of elective surgery?

Dude.. I set you up for a spike lolol

(02-25-2021, 07:19 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:

Don’t you dare get Mr Ed banned from syndicated TV!!!

Not elective, but there was a peeler accident.....
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(02-25-2021, 05:09 PM)Jags Wrote: Is Mrs Potato Head getting eliminated?  If I were a woman, or a man trying to be one, I’d be outraged!!!!

Since they dropped the Mr,  I see an opportunity for normal people to buy their kids an innocent toy.  I’ll call it “Cis-ter Potato Cranium”!  You can buy either a man or woman one.  The parts aren’t interchangeable.   Who wants to buy one?

Oh man, I could see some crazy Eastern-European themed packaging "Potato costume toy"

See, we just kept the play innocent. Mr. Potato head became a pirate when we borrowed one of the missus' earrings, and the missus became an italian potato when we put the mustache on her.

[Image: 98c881c843141322.jpg]

(02-25-2021, 02:44 PM)The Drifter Wrote: Mr. Potato Head no longer a mister

Hasbro, the company that makes the potato-shaped plastic toy, is giving the spud a gender neutral new name: Potato Head. The change will appear on boxes this year.

Did you actually read the article? Mr. and Mrs. Potato Head are still very much in production. Hasbro is just releasing a set with the name "Potato Head" and no prefix before it.

(02-26-2021, 06:39 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(02-25-2021, 02:44 PM)The Drifter Wrote: Mr. Potato Head no longer a mister

Did you actually read the article? Mr. and Mrs. Potato Head are still very much in production. Hasbro is just releasing a set with the name "Potato Head" and no prefix before it.

Did you even read his post? Cause it seems like you didn't. Drifter's post stated the exact same thing you just stated..
He NEVER stated that Hasbro was stopping production. 

Good grief.. 

Lord help me with these stupid people..