Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Orlando Brown Trade Talk (merged)

Honestly at least as far as pass blocking goes, Beachum might be our second best LT.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-02-2021, 02:54 PM)Upper Wrote: Honestly at least as far as pass blocking goes, Beachum might be our second best LT.

No.

Ben Coleman and Khalif Barnes were better pass blockers when they were at LT.

I'm just glad we don't have Ephraim Salaam there any longer.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(03-02-2021, 03:39 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(03-02-2021, 02:54 PM)Upper Wrote: Honestly at least as far as pass blocking goes, Beachum might be our second best LT.

No.

This, Beachum might be the worst run blocking LT in the league.  We need a LT that is decent at both

(03-02-2021, 03:41 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-02-2021, 03:39 PM)Bullseye Wrote: No.

This, Beachum might be the worst run blocking LT in the league.  We need a LT that is decent at both

Yeah.

He and Mike Pearson were two of the worst run blockers I've seen at that position.

Speaking of which, I NFL Network showed the December game of the Ravens and Browns.

Orlando Brown played LT in that game.

He did decently in pass protection (though I didn't see many plays where he was against Garrett.  He mostly had Olivier Vernon in pass pro.

But I'm not sure what to think of his run blocking.  It seemed like when he was tasked to reach the second level in run blocking, he didn't hit anybody.

(03-02-2021, 03:53 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(03-02-2021, 03:41 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: This, Beachum might be the worst run blocking LT in the league.  We need a LT that is decent at both

Yeah.

He and Mike Pearson were two of t ju HB uh buhe worst run blockers I've seen at that position.

Speaking of which, I NFL Network showed the December game of the Ravens and Browns.

He did decently in pass protection (though I didn't see many plays where he was against Garrett.  He mostly had Olivier Vernon in pass pro.

But I'm not sure what to think of his run blocking.  It seemed like when he was tasked to reach the second level in run blocking, he didn't hit anybody.

It'll be an upgrade if he just hits a guy at the first level.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(03-06-2021, 12:58 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(03-02-2021, 03:53 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Yeah.

He and Mike Pearson were two of t ju HB uh buhe worst run blockers I've seen at that position.

It'll be an upgrade if he just hits a guy at the first level.

That's how it looked to me.  Have you gotten that impression from him?

I don't want to make any sweeping generalizations about his run blocking on the basis of one game, but it was uncanny how often his ventures to the second level seemed completely fruitless in that game.

(03-02-2021, 09:28 AM)NCJag Wrote:
(03-02-2021, 07:50 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: My bad! I was half asleep when I read that. I thought it said Offensive Tackles. I guess Tony Boselli was the only good one we've ever had. That's depressing, considering it's going on 26 years and he was the first LT we've ever had.

From what I remember, Khalif Barnes wasn't a COMPLETE train wreck at LT. His pass pro was slighty shaky but his run blocking was pretty decent. Eugene Monroe wasn't terrible either.

I would think it would have to be Eugene Monroe.  I agree with your assessment that he wasn't terrible.

(02-26-2021, 01:35 PM)Upper Wrote:
(02-26-2021, 10:04 AM)ATLjag Wrote: Orlando Brown Jr has made the pro bowl the past 2 seasons, once playing RT and the other also filling in at LT.  He has played far better than Cam Robinson, and does not play as slow as hinted.  I don't like giving up high draft capital, and would rather have a 2-3 year option in Trent Williams for that reason.  However, Orlando is a clear upgrade to Cam.

The problem is we just don't really know how he will play. EDGEs prioritize outside contain to the extreme when facing Lamar Jackson. Brown has hardly ever faced an inside move or an inside counter. When you aren't super fleet of foot like Brown it sure is nice to know that all you have to do is beat the EDGE to the outside and don't have to worry about the other half of the job. He also got more help from extra TE blocking than any other tackle.

I think he would be an upgrade on Cam, but a first round and more in picks plus giant contract better? I am skeptical.

Obviously it's always dangerous to go against the Browns pass rush, but I think we're going to be happy that we wound up with Little and didn't give up valuable picks plus a giant contract for Brown.

https://twitter.com/PFF_Mike/status/1437195104398282765

(09-12-2021, 07:29 PM)Upper Wrote:
(02-26-2021, 01:35 PM)Upper Wrote: The problem is we just don't really know how he will play. EDGEs prioritize outside contain to the extreme when facing Lamar Jackson. Brown has hardly ever faced an inside move or an inside counter. When you aren't super fleet of foot like Brown it sure is nice to know that all you have to do is beat the EDGE to the outside and don't have to worry about the other half of the job. He also got more help from extra TE blocking than any other tackle.

I think he would be an upgrade on Cam, but a first round and more in picks plus giant contract better? I am skeptical.

Obviously it's always dangerous to go against the Browns pass rush, but I think we're going to be happy that we wound up with Little and didn't give up valuable picks plus a giant contract for Brown.

https://twitter.com/PFF_Mike/status/1437195104398282765

As bad as that is, former Pro bowl OT Taylor Lewan of Tennessee, gave up an astonishing 5 sacks today.