Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Orlando Brown Trade Talk (merged)

A 24 year old 2 time pro bowler.

I would take him any day over Williams even if we have to give up some high picks.

This guy is a long term fix at the position not a short term band aid that Williams would be.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Sounds like this is really picking up steam. I'd rather Williams but I'd rather give up pick 25 for Brown and sign him to an extension than draft a tackle at 25

If we do get trade for him I really hope it comes with an already agreed to extension. It would be another Tunsilesque situation with how much leverage he would have over the team in contract negotiations. We'd almost be guaranteed shelling out a 23M+ deal to Brown next year.

(02-26-2021, 02:55 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Sounds like this is really picking up steam. I'd rather Williams but I'd rather give up pick 25 for Brown and sign him to an extension than draft a tackle at 25

If we do trade for him, I'd be willing to bet it's gonna cost us more than just #25 pick and that would be a big mistake. We have a lot of starting positions to fill.

(02-26-2021, 02:55 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Sounds like this is really picking up steam. I'd rather Williams but I'd rather give up pick 25 for Brown and sign him to an extension than draft a tackle at 25

I would not give any of our first 3 picks for him or any player. Highest I would give is our second second round pick. (#45 I believe) The first second round pick is something if we wanted to can swap for multiple picks either this year or next. Sure the guy did well at the end of the season, those were the only games he has played as a left tackle. Many teams will be dangling people in front of us as they want the picks we have as it helps the cap issues they will be in this next year. Wait we have time. A LOT of good players will be available as teams begin making moves to get under the cap and have the money to sign their current players.  Teams that get to the place we want do it by drafting well and developing their own nucleus.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(02-26-2021, 04:33 PM)Jag149 Wrote:

I would not give any of our first 3 picks for him or any player. Highest I would give is our second second round pick. (#45 I believe) The first second round pick is something if we wanted to can swap for multiple picks either this year or next. Sure the guy did well at the end of the season, those were the only games he has played as a left tackle. Many teams will be dangling people in front of us as they want the picks we have as it helps the cap issues they will be in this next year. Wait we have time. A LOT of good players will be available as teams begin making moves to get under the cap and have the money to sign their current players.  Teams that get to the place we want do it by drafting well and developing their own nucleus.
It was 9 games he played at LT and he played LT at Oklahoma and was one of the best LTs in college. His dad played LT as well so he’s not new to it.

He's a proven player, unlike a draft pick. If we draft a guy, it could be another Luke Joeckel. It's a dire need, we have the cap room and the picks to get it done. It would be nice to have LT taken care of before the draft.

Cam Robinson could be good but he’ll forever be giving away stupid penalties, fella dreams about yellow flags..

(02-26-2021, 02:37 AM)Eric1 Wrote:
(02-26-2021, 02:26 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: We'd be idiots to pay that.

If we just had to give up pick 25, or 33 for him, I'd be ok with it. It's the fact that he's in the last year of his deal and is already making demands, is what I don't like. Big $$ and only willing to play LT.

He's a massive body with slow feet. We already have/had that in Cam Robinson, minus about 30 pounds. No reason to give up draft picks for a similar player.

Cam Robinson is to Orlando Brown Jr. what Dewars White-label is to Lagavulin 16. Perfectly serviceable in a pinch if somewhat underwhelming, but never going to hold a candle to its extremely distant single-malt cousin.

Wouldn’t give up more than a 3rd knowing there is no guarantee he re-signs here. Would rather take Trent Williams and pay him, then sign Brown in free agency in 2 years after he was franchised for a year.

(02-26-2021, 06:08 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: He's a proven player, unlike a draft pick.  If we draft a guy, it could be another Luke Joeckel.   It's a dire need, we have the cap room and the picks to get it done.  It would be nice to have LT taken care of before the draft.

Proven and young.

We would be getting him a year before his rookie contract would have ended.

(This post was last modified: 02-26-2021, 08:29 PM by Eric1.)

(02-26-2021, 10:04 AM)ATLjag Wrote:
(02-26-2021, 02:37 AM)Eric1 Wrote: If we just had to give up pick 25, or 33 for him, I'd be ok with it. It's the fact that he's in the last year of his deal and is already making demands, is what I don't like. Big $$ and only willing to play LT.

He's a massive body with slow feet. We already have/had that in Cam Robinson, minus about 30 pounds. No reason to give up draft picks for a similar player.

Orlando Brown Jr has made the pro bowl the past 2 seasons, once playing RT and the other also filling in at LT.  He has played far better than Cam Robinson, and does not play as slow as hinted.  I don't like giving up high draft capital, and would rather have a 2-3 year option in Trent Williams for that reason.  However, Orlando is a clear upgrade to Cam.

He would be an upgrade to Cam, but to some people that isn't saying much.

I don't think he's a 1st round pick++ and $20m++ per year better than Cam.

(02-26-2021, 07:18 PM)Predator Wrote:
(02-26-2021, 06:08 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: He's a proven player, unlike a draft pick.  If we draft a guy, it could be another Luke Joeckel.   It's a dire need, we have the cap room and the picks to get it done.  It would be nice to have LT taken care of before the draft.

Proven and young.

He has already been chirping about wanting a big new contract. I don't see how he'd be happy to play out the final year of his deal. You risk pissing him off, and/or making him walk in FA. Giving up multiple picks on a 1 year rental would be awful.

(02-26-2021, 08:26 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(02-26-2021, 10:04 AM)ATLjag Wrote: Orlando Brown Jr has made the pro bowl the past 2 seasons, once playing RT and the other also filling in at LT.  He has played far better than Cam Robinson, and does not play as slow as hinted.  I don't like giving up high draft capital, and would rather have a 2-3 year option in Trent Williams for that reason.  However, Orlando is a clear upgrade to Cam.

He would be an upgrade to Cam, but to some people that isn't saying much.

(02-26-2021, 07:18 PM)Predator Wrote: Proven and young.

He has already been chirping about wanting a big new contract. I don't see how he'd be happy to play out the final year of his deal. You risk pissing him off, and/or making him walk in FA. Giving up multiple picks on a 1 year rental would be awful.

Of course he isn't going to play for us under his rookie contract.

The point is he hasn't even been in the league long enough to play out his rookie contract and he is already a 2 time probowler.

(02-26-2021, 08:39 PM)Predator Wrote:
(02-26-2021, 08:26 PM)Eric1 Wrote: He would be an upgrade to Cam, but to some people that isn't saying much.

Of course he isn't going to play for us under his rookie contract.

The point is he hasn't even been in the league long enough to play out his rookie contract and he is already a 2 time probowler.

Pro Bowl doesn't hold much weight for me. It's a popularity contest. Play on a winning team and you'll get a bunch of players in there who don't really deserve it.

I mean half of the pro bowl roster this year was made up of 4 teams. Packers, Seahawks, Chiefs and Ravens.

(This post was last modified: 02-26-2021, 11:00 PM by iHaunting Raven.)

I don't think he has much choices right now, who is gonna give him a big LT contract when has only played 9 games as a LT? it is a risk to trade for him unless he accepts a decent deal (which I honestly doubt). What he should do imo is get traded, play under his rookie contract as a LT and earn his big contract this season.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(02-26-2021, 11:00 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: I don't think he has much choices right now, who is gonna give him a big LT contract when has only played 9 games as a LT? it is a risk to trade for him unless he accepts a decent deal (which I honestly doubt). What he should do imo is get traded, play under his rookie contract as a LT and earn his big contract this season.

He played 7 games at RT and 9 at LT.  Gave up 3 sacks in the first 7 games and then none after he moved to LT.  He was one of the best LTs in college as well.  He is a LT that played RT is first few years because the Ravens have Stanley.  I was high on him coming out but people didn't like him because he had a bad combine and ran one of the slowest 40s

If they go after any player right now, it needs to be Brown in my opinion. This team is going to be heavily investing into the franchise QB position at the draft and he's going to need premium players around him to help him be successful. He'll definitely be more expensive when it's his turn to extend his contract, but that should be well worth it for when he can bring to the table.

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

There are certain positions on a team that are important enough to spend and invest a higher portion of your cap, and left tackle is certainly one of them. It is paramount to protect a potentially elite rookie QB. Whether Orlando Brown or Trent Williams, it is OK to spend around $20m per year there.

I am in favor of upgrading LT. If this is our best option, then I’m good with it. However, I would not want to give away a first rounder.

(This post was last modified: 02-27-2021, 02:46 PM by ChrisJagBoy.)

(02-25-2021, 10:51 PM)ATLjag Wrote: There's an Orlando Brown topic in the "League" section covering this....

Bro, who cares? This forum is not a front page reddit.. nobody needs to complain about similar topics on a half dead forum. Chill out.