Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Orlando Brown Trade Talk (merged)

(02-26-2021, 11:17 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-26-2021, 11:00 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: I don't think he has much choices right now, who is gonna give him a big LT contract when has only played 9 games as a LT? it is a risk to trade for him unless he accepts a decent deal (which I honestly doubt). What he should do imo is get traded, play under his rookie contract as a LT and earn his big contract this season.

He played 7 games at RT and 9 at LT.  Gave up 3 sacks in the first 7 games and then none after he moved to LT.  He was one of the best LTs in college as well.  He is a LT that played RT is first few years because the Ravens have Stanley.  I was high on him coming out but people didn't like him because he had a bad combine and ran one of the slowest 40s

When looking at his stats, you have to factor that the Ravens were dead last (32 out of 32 NFL teams) in the number of passing plays last year.  By comparison, the Jaguars had the sixth most in terms of passing plays and were first in terms of percentage.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-27-2021, 02:38 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(02-25-2021, 10:51 PM)ATLjag Wrote: There's an Orlando Brown topic in the "League" section covering this....

Bro, who cares? This forum is not a front page reddit.. nobody needs to complain about similar topics on a half dead forum. Chill out.

I laughed when he post the original.  I don't ever go to the league section here until he mentioned it.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(02-27-2021, 06:24 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote:
(02-26-2021, 11:17 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: He played 7 games at RT and 9 at LT.  Gave up 3 sacks in the first 7 games and then none after he moved to LT.  He was one of the best LTs in college as well.  He is a LT that played RT is first few years because the Ravens have Stanley.  I was high on him coming out but people didn't like him because he had a bad combine and ran one of the slowest 40s

When looking at his stats, you have to factor that the Ravens were dead last (32 out of 32 NFL teams) in the number of passing plays last year.  By comparison, the Jaguars had the sixth most in terms of passing plays and were first in terms of percentage.

That's why I'm pretty skeptical of this working. Brown is unproven as a LT in a conventional NFL offense. We know he can run block, but can he consistently pass block? There is no way, I give up more than the #25 pick for him and he'd have to agree to play on his current deal through 2021. That way we could assess him this year before making a decision on extending him. Blindly giving up multiple draft picks and a big contract to get this unproven guy would be asinine.

(02-26-2021, 11:17 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: He played 7 games at RT and 9 at LT.  Gave up 3 sacks in the first 7 games and then none after he moved to LT.  He was one of the best LTs in college as well.  He is a LT that played RT is first few years because the Ravens have Stanley.  I was high on him coming out but people didn't like him because he had a bad combine and ran one of the slowest 40s

Add onto the fact that most of those passing plays were quick timing stuff with a lot of movement. That makes the entire OL's job easier.

He was rarely asked to pass protect in a traditional drop back protection.

(This post was last modified: 02-27-2021, 09:18 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Regardless he gave up zero and is a good run blocker.  He was good in college as well.  I like Stanley and think he's one of the best LTs as well regardless. I'm sure Cullen will give his input since his guys was going against him every day in practice and I'm sure he knows better than we do

(02-25-2021, 10:51 PM)ATLjag Wrote: There's an Orlando Brown topic in the "League" section covering this....

Bro, who cares? This forum is not a front page reddit.. nobody needs to complain about similar topics on a half dead forum. Chill out.

Bro, simply was alerting there was a discussion in another area.   Was not inferring a "complaint".  Sorry I got your panties in a wad.

No one is complaining. 

Merely informing.

The league forum has been the place where potential free agent signings are discussed for many years on this board, and I’ve considered merging this thread with the one that has long been established on the topic... bro.

(02-28-2021, 03:36 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(02-27-2021, 02:38 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Bro, who cares? This forum is not a front page reddit.. nobody needs to complain about similar topics on a half dead forum. Chill out.

No one is complaining. 

Merely informing.

The league forum has been the place where potential free agent signings are discussed for many years on this board, and I’ve considered merging this thread with the one that has long been established on the topic... bro.

like totally radical bro...tubular....do it bro!
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(02-27-2021, 02:38 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Bro, who cares? This forum is not a front page reddit.. nobody needs to complain about similar topics on a half dead forum. Chill out.

So nice when people try and throw shade while referencing something like Reddit that has been half dead for a while. 

Get the [BLEEP] out of here if you don’t like it... Bro

(02-28-2021, 10:01 PM)JagsorDie Wrote:

So nice when people try and throw shade while referencing something like Reddit that has been half dead for a while. 

Get the [BLEEP] out of here if you don’t like it... Bro

You know what they say about people in glass houses? 

Praise mod/sysadmin Ninja

So, on topic.....any update or bite on if this trade talk is serious or not?

(03-01-2021, 11:48 AM)Jagulars Wrote: So, on topic.....any update or bite on if this trade talk is serious or not?

Only thing i've seen anywhere talking about this is here:

https://thespun.com/nfl/afc-south/jackso...o-brown-jr

Don't know how REPUTABLE "The Spun" or Zach Koons is....

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

(03-01-2021, 11:48 AM)Jagulars Wrote: So, on topic.....any update or bite on if this trade talk is serious or not?

Interesting tidbit from Hacker and Searcy on 1010 today is that new GM Baalke and Brown's agent have a long time relationship.  Separately, Fowler at ESPN is saying a source has stated that Brown's representatives have begun exploring trade possibilities, with awareness from the Raven's front office.

Behind Tony Boselli, who are the best Left Tackles in team history?

(03-01-2021, 10:57 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Behind Tony Boselli, who are the best Left Tackles in team history?

Leon Searcy or Maurice Williams were probably next in line. Have we had any other good Tackles? I can tell you who is the worst one I've ever seen play. That would be Ephraim Salaam. He was about as effective as a speed bump. Guy Whimper was almost as bad. Those two couldn't block my dead grandma.

(03-02-2021, 01:01 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-01-2021, 10:57 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Behind Tony Boselli, who are the best Left Tackles in team history?

Leon Searcy or Maurice Williams were probably next in line. Have we had any other good Tackles? I can tell you who is the worst one I've ever seen play. That would be Ephraim Salaam. He was about as effective as a speed bump. Guy Whimper was almost as bad. Those two couldn't block my dead grandma.

Leon Searcy was a Right Tackle.  He asked who are the best Left Tackles in team history.  You are right that we have had some pretty bad ones.

(03-02-2021, 06:14 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(03-02-2021, 01:01 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Leon Searcy or Maurice Williams were probably next in line. Have we had any other good Tackles? I can tell you who is the worst one I've ever seen play. That would be Ephraim Salaam. He was about as effective as a speed bump. Guy Whimper was almost as bad. Those two couldn't block my dead grandma.

Leon Searcy was a Right Tackle.  He asked who are the best Left Tackles in team history.  You are right that we have had some pretty bad ones.

My bad! I was half asleep when I read that. I thought it said Offensive Tackles. I guess Tony Boselli was the only good one we've ever had. That's depressing, considering it's going on 26 years and he was the first LT we've ever had.

(03-02-2021, 07:50 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-02-2021, 06:14 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Leon Searcy was a Right Tackle.  He asked who are the best Left Tackles in team history.  You are right that we have had some pretty bad ones.

My bad! I was half asleep when I read that. I thought it said Offensive Tackles. I guess Tony Boselli was the only good one we've ever had. That's depressing, considering it's going on 26 years and he was the first LT we've ever had.

From what I remember, Khalif Barnes wasn't a COMPLETE train wreck at LT. His pass pro was slighty shaky but his run blocking was pretty decent. Eugene Monroe wasn't terrible either.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

(03-02-2021, 09:28 AM)NCJag Wrote:
(03-02-2021, 07:50 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: My bad! I was half asleep when I read that. I thought it said Offensive Tackles. I guess Tony Boselli was the only good one we've ever had. That's depressing, considering it's going on 26 years and he was the first LT we've ever had.

From what I remember, Khalif Barnes wasn't a COMPLETE train wreck at LT. His pass pro was slighty shaky but his run blocking was pretty decent. Eugene Monroe wasn't terrible either.

Yeah, historically the Jags have been weak at OL all together. If I were doing an All-Time Jags team, my oline would probably be:

LT - Boselli, Monroe
LG - Manuwai, Coleman
C - Meester, Linder
RG - Naeole, Nwaneri?
RT - Searcy, M.Williams

A bit meh lol

(03-02-2021, 11:12 AM)HolsterHusto Wrote:
(03-02-2021, 09:28 AM)NCJag Wrote: From what I remember, Khalif Barnes wasn't a COMPLETE train wreck at LT. His pass pro was slighty shaky but his run blocking was pretty decent. Eugene Monroe wasn't terrible either.

Yeah, historically the Jags have been weak at OL all together. If I were doing an All-Time Jags team, my oline would probably be:

LT - Boselli, Monroe
LG - Manuwai, Coleman
C - Meester, Linder
RG - Naeole, Nwaneri?
RT - Searcy, M.Williams

A bit meh lol

I would concur with this.  Looking here: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/t...ineups.htm , shows the historical lineups. Somehow AJ Cann has lined up at RG for the past SIX YEARS.