Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Wilson > Lawrence

There's very few reasons why Wilson should be taken over TL.. One of those reasons are is that you're a jets fan..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

If the Jags were to divert from picking Trevor, they would use that #1 pick as trade bait to secure future first rounders .... heck, the Jets would likely offer the #2 pick and next years first rounder to move up 1 spot to get Trevor. That's how we know the Jags are picking Trevor. If not, there would be a trade.

(03-09-2021, 08:06 AM)Rockin-Jags Wrote:
(03-09-2021, 07:36 AM)Black and Teal Wrote: Wilson I don’t trust. I’ll start there. My next thing is that Trevor Lawrence is a better player and quarterback. That too.

But this pick is so much more than football. He’s a leader on and off the field and that’s invaluable. But he’s also a marketable star for a franchise that has never had much cache. He boosts ticket sales. If he hits, he could do for Jax what Peyton Manning did for Indianapolis. I’m not usually a “go get the guy who will sell tickets.” It just so happens that that guy is also the best player in the draft.

You don’t see pictures of Wilson on the internet holding a hand gun... just saying... 

Wilson for me is the type of prospect that will translate to the pro game much easier because of his quick release, accuracy and footwork. He is flawless in these 3 really important areas. Trevor is not flawless in these categories he has a long throwing motion, can get happy feet in the pocket and his footwork is just ok. I know he’s been crowned the second coming of John Elway but I just don’t see it on the film. He’s a good player but to say he’s a generational talent is a stretch.

Laremy Tunsil is laughing his butt off over that first bit. Trevor's an amateur when it comes to controversial social media content.

Why am I supposed to care about him holding a hand gun?

Very few QB prospects come out of school rated as highly and as consistently as Lawrence.
He's in that Manning and Luck tier of grading.

You pick that guy and you don't look back. You just build around him.

Some people crave to be the clever contrarian. They think choosing Wilson over Lawrence will make them look smarter than everyone else. If Lawrence struggles his first year here, which is the likeliest of events, they'll crow about how smart they are - all the while ignoring Wilson's struggles or making excuses for him. Then, when Lawrence starts to gain his stride, they'll fabricate another clever contrarian excuse to cover their poor prognostications.

Trevor has been exceptional at every level from pee wee football to college and that says a lot about his ability to perform on all levels of the game. His athletic ability, his ability to process information and evaluate defenses in the split second time needed to be ready to execute the play by knowing where to exploit the coverage. There is much more then arm strength and accuracy that is need to be a franchise quarterback. Trevor has it all and that is why simply being swayed by accuracy or arm strength is not enough to become an NFL franchise quarterback

(03-08-2021, 07:30 PM)Rockin-Jags Wrote: As a long time Jaguars fan I think we need to look at Wilson because he has an elite skill set. Don’t get me wrong I was completely on the Lawrence bandwagon after we secured #1 but after watching every throw/run of both Lawrence/Wilson/Fields I came away with Wilson being the best prospect and natural thrower of the football. His lightning fast release and accuracy both in and outside of the pocket is elite. Something that bothered me on Lawrence after watching Wilson and Fields first was his release. It’s very long and that gives corners that extra half second to adjust. Fields was far behind both prospects but after watching them I came away with Wilson being the best QB. I’m sure that Meyer will take Lawrence but I’m not sure it’s the right mov. If I’m Meyer I’m taking Wilson.

Ok, you began this thread and you have posted 13 times so far since the Jags have been a football team trying to encourage the Jags to take ANYONE but TL.  How cold is it in New York are the restaurants open yet?
A new broom always sweeps clean.

Let’s stick with TLaw. The fast risers rarely pan out. Agree that Trevor has a little hitch/oddity to his throwing motion, but he has been making it work for years.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(03-09-2021, 10:55 AM)Jag149 Wrote:
(03-08-2021, 07:30 PM)Rockin-Jags Wrote: As a long time Jaguars fan I think we need to look at Wilson because he has an elite skill set. Don’t get me wrong I was completely on the Lawrence bandwagon after we secured #1 but after watching every throw/run of both Lawrence/Wilson/Fields I came away with Wilson being the best prospect and natural thrower of the football. His lightning fast release and accuracy both in and outside of the pocket is elite. Something that bothered me on Lawrence after watching Wilson and Fields first was his release. It’s very long and that gives corners that extra half second to adjust. Fields was far behind both prospects but after watching them I came away with Wilson being the best QB. I’m sure that Meyer will take Lawrence but I’m not sure it’s the right mov. If I’m Meyer I’m taking Wilson.

Ok, you began this thread and you have posted 13 times so far since the Jags have been a football team trying to encourage the Jags to take ANYONE but TL.  How cold is it in New York are the restaurants open yet?

Chris Simms got me hooked on Wilson and after watching every throw/run on the 2+ hour YouTube vid I had to say something... Wilson is special and Lawrence is looking vanilla more and more. Do the research and check it out. The tape doesn’t lie.

I loved getting TL in the beginning but I hadn’t watched more than a few highlights of Wilson. Now that I’ve seen it all I’m very impressed

(03-09-2021, 01:23 PM)Rockin-Jags Wrote:
(03-09-2021, 10:55 AM)Jag149 Wrote: Ok, you began this thread and you have posted 13 times so far since the Jags have been a football team trying to encourage the Jags to take ANYONE but TL.  How cold is it in New York are the restaurants open yet?

Chris Simms got me hooked on Wilson and after watching every throw/run on the 2+ hour YouTube vid I had to say something... Wilson is special and Lawrence is looking vanilla more and more. Do the research and check it out. The tape doesn’t lie.

I loved getting TL in the beginning but I hadn’t watched more than a few highlights of Wilson. Now that I’ve seen it all I’m very impressed
Youtube isn’t the tape hahaha

You’re perceiving Lawrence as vanilla because hes been dominant for 3 years. You’re excited for Wilson because he’s the hot new thing.

(03-09-2021, 10:55 AM)Jag149 Wrote: Ok, you began this thread and you have posted 13 times so far since the Jags have been a football team trying to encourage the Jags to take ANYONE but TL.  How cold is it in New York are the restaurants open yet?

Easy to look great against mediocre competition.

Try doing it in 2 national championships and 3 BCS semi finals games.

(This post was last modified: 03-09-2021, 02:41 PM by The Real Marty.)

Highlights against what team?  Western Kentucky?  Troy?  North Alabama?   BYU didn't play anyone.

(This post was last modified: 03-09-2021, 03:16 PM by Rockin-Jags.)

(03-09-2021, 02:40 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(03-09-2021, 01:23 PM)Rockin-Jags Wrote: Chris Simms got me hooked on Wilson and after watching every throw/run on the 2+ hour YouTube vid I had to say something... Wilson is special and Lawrence is looking vanilla more and more. Do the research and check it out. The tape doesn’t lie.

Highlights against what team?  Western Kentucky?  Troy?  North Alabama?   BYU didn't play anyone.
Who did Lawrence play? ND that’s it... Vs Ohio st he got the doors blown off by Fields

(03-09-2021, 01:26 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-09-2021, 01:23 PM)Rockin-Jags Wrote: Chris Simms got me hooked on Wilson and after watching every throw/run on the 2+ hour YouTube vid I had to say something... Wilson is special and Lawrence is looking vanilla more and more. Do the research and check it out. The tape doesn’t lie.

Youtube isn’t the tape hahaha

You’re perceiving Lawrence as vanilla because hes been dominant for 3 years. You’re excited for Wilson because he’s the hot new thing.
I’m not a pro scout.. I committed 2 hours to that video of every throw and run Wilson made. Sure it want all perfect but that release and his accuracy is impressive

(03-09-2021, 03:13 PM)Rockin-Jags Wrote:
(03-09-2021, 02:40 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: Highlights against what team?  Western Kentucky?  Troy?  North Alabama?   BYU didn't play anyone.
Who did Lawrence play? ND that’s it... Vs Ohio st he got the doors blown off by Fields

(03-09-2021, 01:26 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Youtube isn’t the tape hahaha

I’m not a pro scout.. I committed 2 hours to that video of every throw and run Wilson made. Sure it want all perfect but that release and his accuracy is impressive

What were your thoughts on the Coastal Carolina game?
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

(This post was last modified: 03-09-2021, 03:36 PM by Bullseye.)

(03-09-2021, 02:40 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: Highlights against what team?  Western Kentucky?  Troy?  North Alabama?   BYU didn't play anyone.

That's patently false.
Over the course of his career, Lawrence played against Ohio State twice, and he's 1-1 against them.  He played against Alabama and blew them out in the National championship game. and against LSU, in addition to Notre Dame.

Oh yeah, in that blowout loss to Ohio State, Lawrence still threw for 400 yards and two TDs and led Clemson to 28 points.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(03-09-2021, 01:26 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Youtube isn’t the tape hahaha

He looks maybe 6-1 to me.  And looks kind of frail.
I guess we'll find out his true height at the combine.

He also seems to put alot of torque on his knee when he throws and has a bit of a limp in his run.
Could lead to injuries down the line.

(03-09-2021, 09:49 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Very few QB prospects come out of school rated as highly and as consistently as Lawrence.
He's in that Manning and Luck tier of grading.

You pick that guy and you don't look back. You just build around him.

That’s exactly right.

Wilson is not better than Lawrence. It’s not close

(This post was last modified: 03-09-2021, 06:52 PM by Bullseye.)

Interesting point of comparison.

Clemson was never held to less than 21 points in any game in Trevor Lawrence's entire college career.  

BYU was held to <21 points in eight (8) games in Wilson's career.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!