Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Wilson > Lawrence

(03-26-2021, 09:13 PM)Rockin-Jags Wrote: Meyer wasn’t even in the building to watch Wilson throw.. what arrogance ffs.. This kid is special with an NFL release.. I can’t believe we wouldn’t at least do our homework. I’m not liking this at all. I hope I’m wrong but to go so hard all in on Lawrence and not even consider another option is just pure arrogance. I hope we are right on this one because Wilson looks like Aaron Rodgers 2.0

'Arrogance'.

LOL
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 03-26-2021, 09:21 PM by homebiscuit.)

Vic Ketchman has intimated a couple of times that Lawrence is not the best pick. Whatever.

Mel from Blount Island, FL
Mike McCarthy made a very good comment when asked about QBs. I think it was, "Is the team ready for the QB?" Is Jacksonville ready for the QB?

Great quote. Imagine, a guy from Pittsburgh being that philosophical. Yeah, the Jaguars are ready for the QB. Are the Jaguars ready to pick the right one?

(This post was last modified: 03-26-2021, 10:21 PM by Cleatwood.)

(03-26-2021, 09:13 PM)Rockin-Jags Wrote: Meyer wasn’t even in the building to watch Wilson throw.. what arrogance ffs.. This kid is special with an NFL release.. I can’t believe we wouldn’t at least do our homework. I’m not liking this at all. I hope I’m wrong but to go so hard all in on Lawrence and not even consider another option is just pure arrogance. I hope we are right on this one because Wilson looks like Aaron Rodgers 2.0
Does Wilson have a crazy arm? Sure.

Does he make some amazing throws? Sure.

However, there is so much more to being an NFL QB than just making a few crazy throws each game. What about the other 30 throws a game? Or the ability to read a defense? Or processing plays quickly? 

Lawrence can make all the throws Wilson can make. Lawrence is able to dissect a play before it happens (Manning and Brady). Wilson is very much an improve QB.

I have no doubt that Lawrence is the right choice.

(This post was last modified: 03-26-2021, 10:23 PM by Tank Commander.)

Not this again

Wilson . . . undersized and too small.  too slow.  Bad 40 yard dash (4.84), injury prone.

(03-26-2021, 09:20 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Vic Ketchman has intimated a couple of times that Lawrence is not the best pick. Whatever.

Mel from Blount Island, FL
Mike McCarthy made a very good comment when asked about QBs. I think it was, "Is the team ready for the QB?" Is Jacksonville ready for the QB?

Great quote. Imagine, a guy from Pittsburgh being that philosophical. Yeah, the Jaguars are ready for the QB. Are the Jaguars ready to pick the right one?

Vic made a ton of bad comments too.  He has endorsed some bad Qb's including Henne.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

I don’t know fellas.. it bothers me that we didn’t at least send the fleet to see the kid live. That to me is pure and utter bull [BLEEP]. Wilson looked amazing and yes he’s a fast riser and we got burned by that before but to not at least show up with the brass to make sure Lawrence is the guy is arrogance.

(This post was last modified: 03-27-2021, 12:16 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

I said it many times before and I'll keep saying it. Trevor Lawrence is the safer pick, but Zach Wilson has a higher upside. I think they are both gonna be big NFL stars. I also think Mac Jones is gonna be a pretty good starting NFL QB for a long time as well. Maybe like a Phillip Rivers type.

(03-26-2021, 10:20 PM)Tank Commander Wrote: Not this again

Wilson . . . undersized and too small.  too slow.  Bad 40 yard dash (4.84), injury prone.

Who cares what a QB runs?

(03-27-2021, 12:15 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
Cool, I get that but how do we only send our OC down? [BLEEP] is that? It’s not like we had a chance to see him live a bunch of times this year. Nobody saw him live this year... I think to not even take the trip up to see the kid throw live and talk to him in person is just bad business. 
I said it many times before and I'll keep saying it. Trevor Lawrence is the safer pick, but Zach Wilson has a higher upside. I think they are both gonna be big NFL stars. I also think Mac Jones is gonna be a pretty good starting NFL QB for a long time as well. Maybe like a Phillip Rivers type.

(03-26-2021, 11:55 PM)Rockin-Jags Wrote: I don’t know fellas.. it bothers me that we didn’t at least send the fleet to see the kid live. That to me is pure and utter bull [BLEEP]. Wilson looked amazing and yes he’s a fast riser and we got burned by that before but to not at least show up with the brass to make sure Lawrence is the guy is arrogance.

The OC was in attendance.

(This post was last modified: 03-27-2021, 12:28 AM by Rockin-Jags.)

(03-26-2021, 09:37 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
Does Wilson have a crazy arm? Sure.

However, there is so much more to being an NFL QB than just making a few crazy throws each game. What about the other 30 throws a game? Or the ability to read a defense? Or processing plays quickly? 

Lawrence can make all the throws Wilson can make. Lawrence is able to dissect a play before it happens (Manning and Brady). Wilson is very much an improve QB.

It doesn’t bother you that they didn’t even take a look to be 100% sure? It’s not like Lawrence is John Elway/Andrew Luck coming out.. if you love Lawrence I respect it because he’s a heck of a football qb and a good kid BUT the balls to not even take a look at the second best prospect is absurd in my opinion.

(03-27-2021, 12:18 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(03-26-2021, 11:55 PM)Rockin-Jags Wrote: I don’t know fellas.. it bothers me that we didn’t at least send the fleet to see the kid live. That to me is pure and utter bull [BLEEP]. Wilson looked amazing and yes he’s a fast riser and we got burned by that before but to not at least show up with the brass to make sure Lawrence is the guy is arrogance.

The OC was in attendance.
Ya that’s it.... what’s that about? Send a journeyman OC as our representation when we are allowed 3 personnel?? Urban not attending bothers me. It’s not like Wilson is vastly less of a prospect Lawrence is.

Why should Meyer go if they already made up their mind? Lawrence has been touted as the best qb for years and it's not going to change right before the draft. All the other top QB's in the draft have real red flags but the worst you can say about Lawrence is that he could be over hyped. Maybe he's just a new Matt Stafford.

For the Jaguars the guarantee of good QB play is what they need. They don't need a prospect where it's 70% chance of Almost Mahomes or 30% risk of Almost Rosen.

I think Lawrence has the higher floor and higher upside than anyone in this draft. Like Urban took this job to coach Lawrence. We have the first pick, we have the guy we want, we are doing due diligence by taking zoom calls and sending our highest offensive assistant to Wilson’s pro day. Why is this a thing? Lawrence probably has the dang playbook and has been studying it for weeks at this point. It’s not like this is a draft battle between a defensive end and a cornerback that we are trying to zero in on for the 16th pick or something. We have the number 1 overall pick and it seems like our minds are made up. Just be lucky this isn’t a draft where Bortles is the highest rated player on the board but the highest rated QB prospect since Andrew Luck

God you post stupid stats for quarterbacks.

(03-27-2021, 07:15 AM)RicoTx Wrote:

No He doesn't.  Today's NFL requires a mobile QB who can make plays with his feet and his arm.  Brady/Brees was the exception but they are a dying bread.  Sitting back in the pocket QB are less and less common.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(This post was last modified: 03-27-2021, 07:26 AM by Tank Commander.)

(03-27-2021, 07:15 AM)RicoTx Wrote:

Shook!

(03-27-2021, 03:12 AM)CanDoBetter Wrote: Why should Meyer go if they already made up their mind? Lawrence has been touted as the best qb for years and it's not going to change right before the draft. All the other top QB's in the draft have real red flags but the worst you can say about Lawrence is that he could be over hyped. Maybe he's just a new Matt Stafford.

For the Jaguars the guarantee of good QB play is what they need. They don't need a prospect where it's 70% chance of Almost Mahomes or 30% risk of Almost Rosen.

Nobody would even be talking about Zac Wilson with this much fanfare if Trevor Lawrence isn't in this draft.

Just like Ryan Leaf in the Manning draft. It's creating a story out of no story.

(03-27-2021, 12:24 AM)Rockin-Jags Wrote:
(03-26-2021, 09:37 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Does Wilson have a crazy arm? Sure.

It doesn’t bother you that they didn’t even take a look to be 100% sure? It’s not like Lawrence is John Elway/Andrew Luck coming out.. if you love Lawrence I respect it because he’s a heck of a football qb and a good kid BUT the balls to not even take a look at the second best prospect is absurd in my opinion.

(03-27-2021, 12:18 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: The OC was in attendance.
Ya that’s it.... what’s that about? Send a journeyman OC as our representation when we are allowed 3 personnel?? Urban not attending bothers me. It’s not like Wilson is vastly less of a prospect Lawrence is.
1. No it doesn’t bother me because I’ve seen enough from Wilson and Lawrence to make my choice.

2. Funny you bring up Manning and Elway because that’s exactly who they’re comparing Lawrence to.

LOL. Some hilarious 'takes' here.

If our coaches were basing who they are selecting purely on the players pro day I would be very concerned, who cares if they were there or not, game tape, interviews and research mean far more than watching someone doing routine throws with no pads

(03-27-2021, 07:25 AM)Tank Commander Wrote:
(03-27-2021, 07:15 AM)RicoTx Wrote: God you post stupid stats for quarterbacks.

Shook!

(03-27-2021, 03:12 AM)CanDoBetter Wrote: Why should Meyer go if they already made up their mind? Lawrence has been touted as the best qb for years and it's not going to change right before the draft. All the other top QB's in the draft have real red flags but the worst you can say about Lawrence is that he could be over hyped. Maybe he's just a new Matt Stafford.

Nobody would even be talking about Zac Wilson with this much fanfare if Trevor Lawrence isn't in this draft.

Just like Ryan Leaf in the Manning draft. It's creating a story out of no story.

Absolutely, not true. Wilson would most likely be a Jaguar if Lawrence wasn't in the draft. He's by far the 2nd best QB and it isn't even close. He measured in at 6'2 1/8" and 214 lbs. with 9 1/2" hands yesterday. That is plenty big enough for an NFL QB. Not to mention his arm talent is off the charts. That kid and Lawrence are both gonna be big stars as long as they keep their heads on straight.

Wilson is too short? Because Brees and Murray don't exist? Isn't Mayfield 6'2 too? Lamar is 6'2.

Meyer should have been there imo.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23