Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Isaiah Wilson Traded

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/3102...i-dolphins

1st Rd Pick in 2020, traded for a 7th round pick in 2021. Wow.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

As I suspected, they basically gave him away. I knew no team in their right mind was gonna pay anything for that "headcase." They traded a 2022 7th and Wilson to Miami for a 2021 7th.

The trade doesn't happen unless he can pass a physical. He has talked to the team in months. Can he even pass a physical right now?

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Player plus 2022 7th round pick, for
2021 7th round pick.

LOL

(03-09-2021, 03:41 AM)p_rushing Wrote: The trade doesn't happen unless he can pass a physical. He has talked to the team in months. Can he even pass a physical right now?

@is a sobriety test a part of the physical?@

in all seriousness, I hope the dude gets straightened out. Hopefully change is good, but might be wise to avoid South Beach till he's got things under control.

(03-09-2021, 09:45 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(03-09-2021, 03:41 AM)p_rushing Wrote: The trade doesn't happen unless he can pass a physical. He has talked to the team in months. Can he even pass a physical right now?

@is a sobriety test a part of the physical?@

in all seriousness, I hope the dude gets straightened out. Hopefully change is good, but might be wise to avoid South Beach till he's got things under control.
I think it's whatever the Dolphins want it to be. I would certainly test him for everything. They aren't giving up anything but they do take his contract on.

For a person that has had run ins with the law, I'm not certain Miami is the city in which you can learn self-discipline. Amazing it only took a year to practically throw him out the door. Usually teams wait a few years but I guess this also frees up a little cap space along with moving up ~ 25 slots in the 7th round. Wow !!! Wonder if this was a GM pick or if Vrabel promoted it or both.

(03-09-2021, 03:18 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: For a person that has had run ins with the law, I'm not certain Miami is the city in which you can learn self-discipline.  Amazing it only took a year to practically throw him out the door.  Usually teams wait a few years but I guess this also frees up a little cap space along with moving up ~ 25 slots in the 7th round.  Wow !!!   Wonder if this was a GM pick or if Vrabel promoted it or both.

Actually, it costs us cap space. Bonus is no longer prorated. 

If he turns it around in Miami, then they got a steal. Titans obviously needed to get rid of him though.

What an idiot.

Like so many others before him, the dumb [BLEEP] gets some money thrown at him and decides that partying is much better than actually going to work.  The guy will be dead, in jail or out of money within a year.  It's all part of the "instant gratification" culture.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

He cleared waivers, and is now a free agent. What's amazing is that someone will give him another shot on a no-risk deal....

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...car-chase/

This goes well beyond an NFL playing career that was short lived.

I wonder if they can claim any of the money back? The Titans should have just held on to him until he got himself suspended and reclaimed some of the guaranteed money back.

I said just a few days ago that the guy would be dead, in jail or out of money within a year.  He's ended up in jail so far, I wonder how far whatever money he was given is going to last?  It's pretty sad to see a young man destroy his life.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.