Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
AFC South Fix your team-PFF

This is a really really good in depth discussion on each team's weak spots and the best way to fix them.  These guys from PFF discuss the division for over an hour.

Egads Houston is in bad shape!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgffRU7SIa0

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-11-2021, 02:15 AM)Bullseye Wrote: This is a really really good in depth discussion on each team's weak spots and the best way to fix them.  These guys from PFF discuss the division for over an hour.

Well, since PFF has us starting one of the worst OT duos in the NFL, I know one way to help fix us.

(03-11-2021, 10:27 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-11-2021, 02:15 AM)Bullseye Wrote: This is a really really good in depth discussion on each team's weak spots and the best way to fix them.  These guys from PFF discuss the division for over an hour.

Well, since PFF has us starting one of the worst OT duos in the NFL, I know one way to help fix us.

I just don't know what I'd prefer:  the Texans keeping  Watson, him holding out, and them not getting any exxtra draft picks while free agents stay away from them in droves, or them trading Watson, getting a slew of pick, and them hoping they get it right while waiting on rookies to develop.

(03-11-2021, 11:48 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(03-11-2021, 10:27 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Well, since PFF has us starting one of the worst OT duos in the NFL, I know one way to help fix us.

I just don't know what I'd prefer:  the Texans keeping  Watson, him holding out, and them not getting any exxtra draft picks while free agents stay away from them in droves, or them trading Watson, getting a slew of pick, and them hoping they get it right while waiting on rookies to develop.

I think he's getting traded to Carolina, New England, or Miami. The Texans have no leverage. Caserio would probably like all the extra picks to start over, and by drafting a quarterback it buys him another year or two of honeymoon period.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(03-24-2021, 02:41 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:
(03-11-2021, 11:48 AM)Bullseye Wrote: I just don't know what I'd prefer:  the Texans keeping  Watson, him holding out, and them not getting any exxtra draft picks while free agents stay away from them in droves, or them trading Watson, getting a slew of pick, and them hoping they get it right while waiting on rookies to develop.

I think he's getting traded to Carolina, New England, or Miami. The Texans have no leverage. Caserio would probably like all the extra picks to start over, and by drafting a quarterback it buys him another year or two of honeymoon period.

Welcome, welcome, how was your stay under that rock for the past few weeks? Good? Good. Remember to wear eye protection until you are acclimated to the light.

Ain't no way anyone is trading for him until this dust settles. Regardless of the legal outcome, the shield still has their own review underway and he may be subject to disciplinary action.

(03-24-2021, 02:41 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:
(03-11-2021, 11:48 AM)Bullseye Wrote: I just don't know what I'd prefer:  the Texans keeping  Watson, him holding out, and them not getting any exxtra draft picks while free agents stay away from them in droves, or them trading Watson, getting a slew of pick, and them hoping they get it right while waiting on rookies to develop.

And what will those teams be trading for Watson?

"I'll give ya 2 7ths and a bag of chips if you send us Watson and the best legal team since OJ got away with murder"

PFT states Watson could already be facing suspension.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...uspension/

(03-25-2021, 08:37 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(03-24-2021, 02:41 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote: I think he's getting traded to Carolina, New England, or Miami. The Texans have no leverage. Caserio would probably like all the extra picks to start over, and by drafting a quarterback it buys him another year or two of honeymoon period.

Welcome, welcome, how was your stay under that rock for the past few weeks? Good? Good. Remember to wear eye protection until you are acclimated to the light.

Ain't no way anyone is trading for him until this dust settles. Regardless of the legal outcome, the shield still has their own review underway and he may be subject to disciplinary action.

(Emphasis added)

Absolutely fine with me.  This year is a strong QB class at the top.  Next year?  Not so much.

Even assuming this stuff doesn't diminish his trade value in terms of raw compensation, if it's delayed a year, it could hinder the Texans' ability to draft his replacement.

But the longer this set of controversies lingers, the more teams will negotiate down the compensation they will give the Texans for him.

Even worse, he could be suspended.

So not only is it possible the Texans may not get as much for him as they otherwise would have gotten absent these lawsuits and allegations, not only may they have to wait at least another year to draft a viable replacement for him, but they may not be able to move on from him this year, and for at least part of the season, they may be without his services-even if he agreed to play for them this year-because he may be suspended.  Oh yeah, they have no picks until the 3rd round. 

As another poster pointed out in another thread, as it stands now, the Jaguars will have made five (5) picks before the Texans will make their first.

(03-25-2021, 08:37 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(03-24-2021, 02:41 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote: I think he's getting traded to Carolina, New England, or Miami. The Texans have no leverage. Caserio would probably like all the extra picks to start over, and by drafting a quarterback it buys him another year or two of honeymoon period.

If you checked the date of my post, you'd see that I made it before all the Instagram propositioning allegations came out. Now I predict he sits out the year while his legal mess settles. I predict he'll play in the league again, however. There are no criminal charges.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(03-26-2021, 02:31 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:
(03-25-2021, 08:37 AM)Mikey Wrote: Welcome, welcome, how was your stay under that rock for the past few weeks? Good? Good. Remember to wear eye protection until you are acclimated to the light.

If you checked the date of my post, you'd see that I made it before all the Instagram propositioning allegations came out. Now I predict he sits out the year while his legal mess settles. I predict he'll play in the league again, however. There are no criminal charges.

Last Wednesday. By that time you'd need to borrow someone else's hands to count all of the accusers (unless you are polydactyl) and you still expected anyone to want to trade for him? 10-4.