Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Snyder Cut Justice League

Not going to give many spoilers away but it was quite a different movie than the first. If you're into those type of movies, it's definitely worth the watch. IMO, DC still hasn't learned how to make a good superhero movie. They plant the seeds for future movies better in this one but it wasn't anything that I was going to get overly excited about but then again I was never an avid comic book reader. There are some good things about it but I kinda prefer the other version. The Superman fight ending was much better in the first one, IMO. This version shows Batman more of how I would envision Batman compared to the other superheroes. The one spoiler I will leave that I can't help myself with is that Jared Leto's Joker SUCKS!!!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Isn’t there a movies thread?

(This post was last modified: 03-18-2021, 11:38 AM by americus 2.0.)

This is a limited series. Four one hour long "episodes". I look forward to watching it. I totally forgot about it coming out yesterday.

My greatest beef with TPTB at DC is not giving Superman/Henry Cavill another stand-alone movie. DC is failing miserably at catching up to the MCU which has been on the scene nearly every year since 2008 Iron Man. They need to stop and take a breath. I liked WW but WW 1984 was panned by movie goers so badly I won't even watch it for free. Aquaman was decent. The quality just isn't there across the board.

ETA: Something must have changed since I last read about this. It seems they decided to put the whole thing in one showing. Hm.....

I watched part one last night after watching Dawn of Justice to refresh my memory. So far, even at just 37 minutes into it, it has a completely different feel than the theatrical release and that's a good thing. I walked away from the theatrical release feeling disappointed. I wasn't sure if it was because Marvel did the Avengers movies that well (which they did) or if JL was just that bad. It was definitely both.

Thirty-seven minutes in and the Snyder Cut is so much better. Joss Wheedon has done well at Marvel. I think he's just better with something that isn't as heavy as Justice League was meant to be.

I saw the 2 hr. version at the theater and was so bored, I fell asleep like an hour and a half into it. The story was dry and the CGI was awful. I can't imagine sitting through an additional 2 hours. To each their own though. I just prefer Marvel films, but I know a lot of people like D.C. Pretty much the only D.C. films I liked were Shazam, Aquaman and The Dark Knight. Wonder Woman was o.k. I guess.

I did enjoy the first episode of The Falcon and The Winter Soldier yesterday. Marvel stuff is more in my lane of enjoyment.

(03-20-2021, 10:30 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I saw the 2 hr. version at the theater and was so bored, I fell asleep like an hour and a half into it. The story was dry and the CGI was awful. I can't imagine sitting through an additional 2 hours. To each their own though. I just prefer Marvel films, but I know a lot of people like D.C. Pretty much the only D.C. films I liked were Shazam, Aquaman and The Dark Knight. Wonder Woman was o.k. I guess.

I did enjoy the first episode of The Falcon and The Winter Soldier yesterday. Marvel stuff is more in my lane of enjoyment.

I just finished watching it and its not even the same movie as the theatrical version. The basic storyline and characters are there but it was done so much better. Some of the CGI was disconcerting but they were trying to get filming done last year during covid restrictions so they did the best they could. 

I prefer Marvel because as a whole its been done so much better from the start. Kevin Feige and Sara Finn have done a masterful job with the movies and WandaVision. I don't see Falcon & Winter Soldier being a bad apple. I really enjoyed the first episode. 

The best thing DC did was hire Henry Cavill as Clark Kent/Superman. I like Gal Gadot as Diana Prince/Wonder Woman. Batfleck was a good version of an older crusty Bruce Wayne/Batman.

(03-21-2021, 01:49 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(03-20-2021, 10:30 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I saw the 2 hr. version at the theater and was so bored, I fell asleep like an hour and a half into it. The story was dry and the CGI was awful. I can't imagine sitting through an additional 2 hours. To each their own though. I just prefer Marvel films, but I know a lot of people like D.C. Pretty much the only D.C. films I liked were Shazam, Aquaman and The Dark Knight. Wonder Woman was o.k. I guess.

I just finished watching it and its not even the same movie as the theatrical version. The basic storyline and characters are there but it was done so much better. Some of the CGI was disconcerting but they were trying to get filming done last year during covid restrictions so they did the best they could. 

I prefer Marvel because as a whole its been done so much better from the start. Kevin Feige and Sara Finn have done a masterful job with the movies and WandaVision. I don't see Falcon & Winter Soldier being a bad apple. I really enjoyed the first episode. 

The best thing DC did was hire Henry Cavill as Clark Kent/Superman. I like Gal Gadot as Diana Prince/Wonder Woman. Batfleck was a good version of an older crusty Bruce Wayne/Batman.

D.C. has always had crappy CGI. Remember the Green Lantern movie? Ugh! I don't know what Marvel does, but their CGI usually looks pretty seamless and DC's looks more like a painting come to life. I just can't get into it. Although in that aspect, it was better in Shazam and much better in the first Wonder Woman. 

Marvel makes their characters more likable. They add humor to their dialogue and give them real personalities. The writing on DC is very dry, overly serious and pretty insipid. 

While I agree with the Gal Gadot hiring and I liked Jason Mamoa as well, I hated Henry Cavill. That guy has the emotional range of a turnip. I find him to be extremely dull. It just seems like Marvel always hits a home run with their casting. I know when Robert Downey Jr. was cast to play Tony Stark, I was furious. I didn't think he was right for the part, but 5 minutes into the first film and I was hooked. I was 110% wrong. Now, I will not accept any other actor playing that part. The same goes for Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth and Ryan Reynolds. I will never accept another actor playing Captain America, Thor or Deadpool either.

My wife and I watched it last night.. We're not too much into the superhero movies but we thought it was pretty good..

4 hours is overkill though and I wish we woulda known it was 4 hours before we sat down to watch it..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

Watched it on my plane ride home. It was long but much better. 

I thought the music was a little weird at times though.

The original JL movie was terrible. Will give this one a try