Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Who is your draft crush (Sans Trevor)

(04-07-2021, 09:00 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(04-07-2021, 07:04 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: My new draft "crush" is Dynami Brown. After seeing some of his highlights yesterday, he'd be a great fit for the Jaguars. He is a great deep ball threat and would open things up for Chark and Viska. I'm not sure he will make it to round 3, but if he's there at pick 65 he'd be a great pick.

A good choice.

I had never heard of him until Bucky Brooks rated him 5th among WRs a couple of months back, citing his ability to get deep.  I was skeptical, but when I saw clips, his play reminded me of Jimmy Smith.

Since then, I have been hoping against hope we could land him in the 3rd, but as it's going now, I could see him going mid 2nd round.  If anyone gets him in the 3rd, they will have a big time steal.

I like the Jimmy Smith comparison. Jimmy had a great knack of getting open on the deep balls from Brunell. As great as Fred Taylor and Boselli were during their careers in Jacksonville, I'd still take Jimmy in his prime. Let's hope that he makes it to round 3 and the Jags snag him.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Etienne. I really like him a lot even if we have Robinson. I would not be mad at all if we drafted him.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(04-09-2021, 03:11 PM)Dimson Wrote: Etienne. I really like him a lot even if we have Robinson. I would not be mad at all if we drafted him.

I agree.  We need more than one RB, and it'd be nice if it was a guy who could take a screen pass and go 80 yards with it.

(04-09-2021, 03:27 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(04-09-2021, 03:11 PM)Dimson Wrote: Etienne. I really like him a lot even if we have Robinson. I would not be mad at all if we drafted him.

I agree.  We need more than one RB, and it'd be nice if it was a guy who could take a screen pass and go 80 yards with it.

Plus you know it would make Trevor really happy.

(04-08-2021, 02:13 PM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(04-07-2021, 09:00 PM)Bullseye Wrote: A good choice.

I had never heard of him until Bucky Brooks rated him 5th among WRs a couple of months back, citing his ability to get deep.  I was skeptical, but when I saw clips, his play reminded me of Jimmy Smith.

Since then, I have been hoping against hope we could land him in the 3rd, but as it's going now, I could see him going mid 2nd round.  If anyone gets him in the 3rd, they will have a big time steal.

I like the Jimmy Smith comparison. Jimmy had a great knack of getting open on the deep balls from Brunell. As great as Fred Taylor and Boselli were during their careers in Jacksonville, I'd still take Jimmy in his prime. Let's hope that he makes it to round 3 and the Jags snag him.

As for taking Jimmy Smith ver FT or Boselli in their primes? 

I dunno.  It would be very tough for me to decide between the three of them.  All three were outstanding.

If he made it to round 3, whether I took him or not might depend on what we did in the draft before then.  If somehow we took a receiver earlier, I am not sure if I would double down at the position, especially with two of our top 5 picks, especially if needs like T are not addressed.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 05-05-2021, 04:49 PM by ATLjag.)

(03-22-2021, 12:24 PM)ATLjag Wrote: I wouldn't call the OT out of Stanford Walker Little a 'draft crush', but I think he'll be a very intriguing and value day 2 pick.  Injury in the early 2019 season and a Covid sit-out in 2020 is dropping him down draft boards (lack of recent game tape).  Prior to the injury, in 2017 and 2018, his play had many believing he was going to be ultimately a top 10 talent.  He ran an unofficial 4.81 at his recent pro day.  He also had excellent times in 3 cone, shuttle, and broad jump.
...bump

(05-05-2021, 04:48 PM)ATLjag Wrote:
(03-22-2021, 12:24 PM)ATLjag Wrote: I wouldn't call the OT out of Stanford Walker Little a 'draft crush', but I think he'll be a very intriguing and value day 2 pick.  Injury in the early 2019 season and a Covid sit-out in 2020 is dropping him down draft boards (lack of recent game tape).  Prior to the injury, in 2017 and 2018, his play had many believing he was going to be ultimately a top 10 talent.  He ran an unofficial 4.81 at his recent pro day.  He also had excellent times in 3 cone, shuttle, and broad jump.
...bump

Nice. My draft crush Jaelon Darden was drafted by the Bucs. I was really going we would go after him but after the Etienne pick, I knew it wasn't likely.

(04-06-2021, 09:05 PM)surfon Wrote:

I think so to if we havent taken an offensive tackle and he is there at 45 or even top of round three i would hope they would strongly consider him.

Bump 2

(05-05-2021, 04:48 PM)ATLjag Wrote:
...bump

Good call.

Kudos to ATLJag!

Nice

(05-06-2021, 07:39 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

Nice

Kudos to Dimson as well.

...shows it is true that a blind teal squirrel can find a nut every once in awhile.

Atljag called Little
Marty called ET

You guys are good...sometimes Smile