Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Who is your draft crush (Sans Trevor)

(04-05-2021, 07:31 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-05-2021, 07:18 PM)burt1jason Wrote: Or 33......if we’re lucky.

I think there will be better players available at 33.

I agree.  I'm ok with Freiermuth at 45, but think he's a reach at 33.  If he's gone at 45, it's disappointing, but so be it.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 04-05-2021, 11:15 PM by Upper.)

(04-05-2021, 11:08 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(04-05-2021, 10:41 PM)Upper Wrote: Nope I was quite careful to say that I wanted Jordan more than Freiermuth, but that I didn't really want either of them. I don't really want Tremble either, but if we're going to take one Tremble in the 4th is the best value.

So how would you prefer the team address the position?

Trade for a vet like Ertz or Njoku?

Wait for cuts and address the position next year?

I wouldn't have missed out on Henry, Jonnu, and Everett. I would consider sending a 5th or later for Njoku. Ertz is too slow for a Meyer TE now, pass on him.

I really think we're just screwed for this season regardless. No rookie TE is jumping in and making an instant impact. We'll run out the blocking dude a decent amount and hopefully just play more 10 or 20 personnel.

Hopefully next year we make a splash in FA. Drafting TE is a fools errand.

Rashod Bateman reminds me of what Julio Jones brought to the table (in his prime) in the fact that he is just a dominant wideout. He has elite route running skills and creates separation and finds soft spots like no other receiver in this class. Would really like to see him fall to 33 where I think he would be a steal. I realize we have a decent if not great receiver room, but I think he might end up being one of  the best in this super strong class if he lands in the right spot.

Bateman coming in way smaller than expected doesn't worry you?

(04-06-2021, 08:08 AM)Upper Wrote: Bateman coming in way smaller than expected doesn't worry you?

I wouldn't compare him to Julio Jones at all.

Bateman could be a fine receiver, but nowhere near the physical specimen Julio Jones is/was when he came out.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Please don’t compare anyone to Julio. He’s a freak.

(04-06-2021, 08:22 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(04-06-2021, 08:08 AM)Upper Wrote: Bateman coming in way smaller than expected doesn't worry you?

I wouldn't compare him to Julio Jones at all.

Bateman could be a fine receiver, but nowhere near the physical specimen Julio Jones is/was when he came out.

Agreed. I see him more of a Calvin Ridley type than I do Julio Jones.

(This post was last modified: 04-06-2021, 08:55 AM by Upper.)

(04-06-2021, 08:36 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(04-06-2021, 08:22 AM)Bullseye Wrote: I wouldn't compare him to Julio Jones at all.

Batemans closest athletic comp is...Marqise Lee.

(04-06-2021, 08:36 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(04-06-2021, 08:22 AM)Bullseye Wrote: I wouldn't compare him to Julio Jones at all.

Batemans closest athletic comp is...Marquise Lee.

(04-06-2021, 08:54 AM)Upper Wrote:
(04-06-2021, 08:36 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Agreed. I see him more of a Calvin Ridley type than I do Julio Jones.

Batemans closest athletic comp is...Marqise Lee.

(04-06-2021, 08:36 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Agreed. I see him more of a Calvin Ridley type than I do Julio Jones.

So are you saying Bateman is gonna be a bust? Lee was.

(04-06-2021, 11:57 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(04-06-2021, 08:54 AM)Upper Wrote: Batemans closest athletic comp is...Marqise Lee.

So are you saying Bateman is gonna be a bust? Lee was.

Lee was a good player.  He just kept getting injured.

(This post was last modified: 04-06-2021, 02:34 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(04-06-2021, 02:26 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(04-06-2021, 11:57 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: So are you saying Bateman is gonna be a bust? Lee was.

Lee was a good player.  He just kept getting injured.

He has accomplished nothing in the NFL, considering he was a 2nd round pick. By his production alone, you would think he was a mid-late round selection. I think Bateman should be a much more productive NFL player, depending on the QB he gets to play with.

(This post was last modified: 04-06-2021, 09:06 PM by surfon.)

(03-22-2021, 12:24 PM)ATLjag Wrote: I wouldn't call the OT out of Stanford Walker Little a 'draft crush', but I think he'll be a very intriguing and value day 2 pick.  Injury in the early 2019 season and a Covid sit-out in 2020 is dropping him down draft boards (lack of recent game tape).  Prior to the injury, in 2017 and 2018, his play had many believing he was going to be ultimately a top 10 talent.  He ran an unofficial 4.81 at his recent pro day.  He also had excellent times in 3 cone, shuttle, and broad jump.

I think so to if we havent taken an offensive tackle and he is there at 45 or even top of round three i would hope they would strongly consider him.

My new draft "crush" is Dynami Brown. After seeing some of his highlights yesterday, he'd be a great fit for the Jaguars. He is a great deep ball threat and would open things up for Chark and Viska. I'm not sure he will make it to round 3, but if he's there at pick 65 he'd be a great pick.

(04-07-2021, 07:04 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: My new draft "crush" is Dynami Brown. After seeing some of his highlights yesterday, he'd be a great fit for the Jaguars. He is a great deep ball threat and would open things up for Chark and Viska. I'm not sure he will make it to round 3, but if he's there at pick 65 he'd be a great pick.

Yeah, he's been one of my favorite WRs in this draft.  65 would be a great value pick for Brown.  If Urban does want to add a WR early though I'd take Elijah Moore.  Moore has been my favorite WR behind the top 3 for a while now and I thought we might be able to get him at 45 or even 33.  Now almost every mock I see has him going in the 1st, I think more people are finally realizing how good he really is and his potential.  I'd honestly be thrilled with Moore at 25 but I do like Brown like you say

(04-07-2021, 07:19 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-07-2021, 07:04 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: My new draft "crush" is Dynami Brown. After seeing some of his highlights yesterday, he'd be a great fit for the Jaguars. He is a great deep ball threat and would open things up for Chark and Viska. I'm not sure he will make it to round 3, but if he's there at pick 65 he'd be a great pick.

Yeah, he's been one of my favorite WRs in this draft.  65 would be a great value pick for Brown.  If Urban does want to add a WR early though I'd take Elijah Moore.  Moore has been my favorite WR behind the top 3 for a while now and I thought we might be able to get him at 45 or even 33.  Now almost every mock I see has him going in the 1st, I think more people are finally realizing how good he really is and his potential.  I'd honestly be thrilled with Moore at 25 but I do like Brown like you say

I also like Elijah Moore and believe he'll be a very good pro. Brown in the 3rd would be better value than Moore at 33. Also, Moore is going to be a slot receiver and I believe Shennault will fill that role. He is not as fast as Moore, but his YAC is probably better due to the number of tackles he breaks.

(04-07-2021, 08:08 PM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(04-07-2021, 07:19 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Yeah, he's been one of my favorite WRs in this draft.  65 would be a great value pick for Brown.  If Urban does want to add a WR early though I'd take Elijah Moore.  Moore has been my favorite WR behind the top 3 for a while now and I thought we might be able to get him at 45 or even 33.  Now almost every mock I see has him going in the 1st, I think more people are finally realizing how good he really is and his potential.  I'd honestly be thrilled with Moore at 25 but I do like Brown like you say

I also like Elijah Moore and believe he'll be a very good pro. Brown in the 3rd would be better value than Moore at 33. Also, Moore is going to be a slot receiver and I believe Shennault will fill that role. He is not as fast as Moore, but his YAC is probably better due to the number of tackles he breaks.
Moore might be used as a slot WR more his rookie year but I think he will be used all over when he starts getting comfortable.  I also think Shenault will be used more on the outside this year than he was last year

A good choice.

I had never heard of him until Bucky Brooks rated him 5th among WRs a couple of months back, citing his ability to get deep.  I was skeptical, but when I saw clips, his play reminded me of Jimmy Smith.

Since then, I have been hoping against hope we could land him in the 3rd, but as it's going now, I could see him going mid 2nd round.  If anyone gets him in the 3rd, they will have a big time steal.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Zach Wilson by far.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

I think 45 is more realistic, and I'd certainly rather someone of his stature than Rondale. I just can't bring myself to pick up these 5-8, 5-9 guys early.

(This post was last modified: 04-08-2021, 09:52 AM by CanDoBetter.)

If we can't get a TE early I'd love us to draft Tommy Tremble from Notre Dame. A great blocker in college.