Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Let's Talk About- Political Edition

(02-02-2023, 08:54 PM)Jags Wrote:
(01-27-2023, 10:49 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Dude did you see that funny [BLEEP]? Haha

Dude was thumpin his chest on that daily double like he KO'd Royce Gracie lolol
I’m so glad that little [BLEEP] [BLEEP] tard lost.  I’m generally nice most of the times.  Not many people I want to punch in the face for no reason.  He’s one of them.  Dude looks like a freaking puppet.  So long [BLEEP]!

Yeah he got beat by granny yesterday.. And granny lost tonight haha

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-02-2023, 09:07 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(02-02-2023, 08:54 PM)Jags Wrote: I’m so glad that little [BLEEP] [BLEEP] tard lost.  I’m generally nice most of the times.  Not many people I want to punch in the face for no reason.  He’s one of them.  Dude looks like a freaking puppet.  So long [BLEEP]!

Yeah he got beat by granny yesterday.. And granny lost tonight haha

You forgot ***spoiler alert*** I haven’t watched it yet.  Hahah

(02-02-2023, 09:14 PM)Jags Wrote:
(02-02-2023, 09:07 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Yeah he got beat by granny yesterday.. And granny lost tonight haha

You forgot ***spoiler alert*** I haven’t watched it yet.  Hahah

Oh lolol

My bad lol

Am I the only one who finds this completely bizarre? 

Minnesota bill would make state 'trans refuge' for kids seeking transgender medical treatment | Fox News

https://twitter.com/BillFOXLA/status/162...lEkBA&s=19

This sitting President is garbage..

(02-04-2023, 11:48 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: https://twitter.com/BillFOXLA/status/162...lEkBA&s=19

In fairness we probably don't hear about stuff like this happening anyway.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(02-04-2023, 01:00 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(02-04-2023, 11:48 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: https://twitter.com/BillFOXLA/status/162...lEkBA&s=19

In fairness we probably don't hear about stuff like this happening anyway.

In more fairness, that piece of garbage now doesn't protect our border OR skies..

(02-04-2023, 09:50 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Am I the only one who finds this completely bizarre? 

Minnesota bill would make state 'trans refuge' for kids seeking transgender medical treatment | Fox News

Eventually, there will be a refuge state / city / county for everything imaginable. Except for the mentally sane, that is. They will be driven out of the country.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

Someone finally shot it down..

(This post was last modified: 02-04-2023, 03:50 PM by Ronster. Edited 1 time in total.)

(02-04-2023, 03:40 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Someone finally shot it down..

Only AFTER China transmitted everything back home first. Mission accomplished and then some. His failure (Biden’s) too shoot down right away sets a dangerous precedent. He can’t/won’t protect our borders or our skies.
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(02-04-2023, 03:49 PM)Ronster Wrote:
(02-04-2023, 03:40 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Someone finally shot it down..

Only AFTER China transmitted everything back home first. Mission accomplished and then some. His failure (Biden’s) too shoot down right away sets a dangerous precedent. He can’t/won’t protect our borders or our skies.
Buddy. It’s 2023. They don’t need a balloon to spy hahaha

I guess Whiney the Pooh finally gave Xio Biden permission to shoot it down.

(This post was last modified: 02-04-2023, 05:00 PM by homebiscuit. Edited 1 time in total.)

(02-04-2023, 04:01 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(02-04-2023, 03:49 PM)Ronster Wrote: Only AFTER China transmitted everything back home first. Mission accomplished and then some. His failure (Biden’s) too shoot down right away sets a dangerous precedent. He can’t/won’t protect our borders or our skies.
Buddy. It’s 2023. They don’t need a balloon to spy hahaha

Actually, it does provide an advantage for gathering SIGINT (Signals Intelligence). 

When you hear about spy aircraft flying off the coast of opposing nations, what they’re doing is listening for and gathering electronic signals ranging from communications to RADAR signatures. That’s how threat libraries of search and fire control RADARS are assembled to program into countermeasure devices on aircraft flying into hostile environments. 

What this balloon was doing, in my opinion, was attempting to gather SIGINT from nuclear missile and strategic air bases too far inland to be surveilled by aircraft. This is why the Pentagon said they had taken measures to prevent the balloon from gathering intelligence. They went into an EMCON (Emissions Control) condition which suspends use of certain RF spectra to prevent detection and recording.

However, we can also gather intelligence from the balloon because it was most assuredly transmitting information itself. We intercept those signals and study them. 

It was an open game of spy versus spy.

(02-04-2023, 04:57 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(02-04-2023, 04:01 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Buddy. It’s 2023. They don’t need a balloon to spy hahaha

Actually, it does provide an advantage for gathering SIGINT (Signals Intelligence). 

When you hear about spy aircraft flying off the coast of opposing nations, what they’re doing is listening for and gathering electronic signals ranging from communications to RADAR signatures. That’s how threat libraries of search and fire control RADARS are assembled to program into countermeasure devices on aircraft flying into hostile environments. 

What this balloon was doing, in my opinion, was attempting to gather SIGINT from nuclear missile and strategic air bases too far inland to be surveilled by aircraft. This is why the Pentagon said they had taken measures to prevent the balloon from gathering intelligence. They went into an EMCON (Emissions Control) condition which suspends use of certain RF spectra to prevent detection and recording.

However, we can also gather intelligence from the balloon because it was most assuredly transmitting information itself. We intercept those signals and study them. 

Good summary, HB, and I'm hearing the same from some of my retired Navy friends.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(This post was last modified: 02-04-2023, 07:52 PM by p_rushing.)

There was a plane appearing to shadow it for a while. Could have been listening or jamming it.

I don't know what the truth on the thing is. Did the military not know anything about it? Did they really not shoot it down for safety? Was it carrying something that would be harmful if it was blown up even in sparsely populated area? Was the military unable to shoot it down? Was it just a distraction from the other stuff in the news about Pfizer and Biden crimes?

Seems weird that they wouldn't shoot it down before it got anywhere near the US if it possed any risk. Then they shot it down after it was finished and it would have transmitted anything back.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

This had to be planned by China to embarrass Biden right?

Dailymail is saying China may get to the wreckage before the US Navy does.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article...-Navy.html

It was planned they would shoot it down over water for how many days? They don't have a salvage ship in Jacksonville or VA? They couldn't be waiting nearby? The water is <50' deep. I'm sure a few guys in scuba gear could go recover it before they even get there.

They also seem to have shot the electronics instead of just using a few rounds to put holes in the balloon. So now they have 7 miles to look at and they can't study what is destroyed. The ballon is of little importance.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

(02-04-2023, 04:01 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Buddy. It’s 2023. They don’t need a balloon to spy hahaha

All true however the “optics” of allowing a balloon to traverse across Alaska, Canada and the US Mainland and only taking action AFTER the US media points out the aforementioned balloons existence is alarming.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

Well I stand corrected if this is true.

I just find it hard to believe a balloon (Obviously it’s more than just a balloon) can gather intel that someone can’t just hack with a computer.

I assume we have lots of different balloon designs ready to go in the event of a real conflict with China or anyone else. If we really were in a war we might see hundreds a day. The RF signals we put out usually aren't strong enough for satellites that are minimum 120 miles up to tune in to efficiently. The job calls for balloons.
If we were to send some balloons China's way, they would probably spot them, but, they would probably suppress the news of it.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.