Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Seattle to Release DT Jarran Reed?

(This post was last modified: 03-26-2021, 02:05 PM by Bullseye.)

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...-tomorrow/

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

No thanks....we have Taven Bryan (chuckle)

Jarran*

(03-26-2021, 08:07 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Jarran*

Fixed.

It's not like he was our QB or anything.

(This post was last modified: 03-26-2021, 04:39 PM by Stigma.)

I think adding Jarran Reed to this DLine would be something worth checking out. The Jags have the money and I think this guy could be as good as Barimore without having to spend draft capital.

Much like with Kyle Fuller being released by the Bears, in a much more normal / typical year, it's highly unlikely the Seahawks would be releasing Jarran Reed. A player as accomplished as Reed, who doesn't turn 29 until December, and in only 1 season out of 5 he missed more than one game, rarely has been a Salary Cap Casualty in past seasons.

Reed and the Seahawks had agreed about a year ago to a 2 year deal paying him $11.5m average annual value, and he had about $8m in salary due this next year for the acquiring team. They did try to trade the 28 year old starter and former 2nd rounder him, but surprisingly, to me, found no takers. Reed is a 6'3 306 run stuffing DT, that has also had success in getting to the QB. Even though Seattle just signed Al Woods, they likely will want to sign Jarran back at a lower deal if no one gives him a good deal. I am sure some teams will make offers for him.

Now that Alualu has returned to Pukesburgh, maybe we could go after Reed.

Yea you would think we would look at him or atkins at this point.

Signed with the chiefs on a 1 year deal.
LOVE THEM JAGUARS!

(03-28-2021, 11:23 PM)JAGFAN4EVER! Wrote: Signed with the chiefs on a 1 year deal.

Bastards!

I’ve always wondered why teams even include stuff like $60 million signing bonus and incentives could reach up to blah blah blah.

They just cut ol dude when they owed him $8 mill.

The signing bonus is all that ever really matters. Unless the WR who never sees the field catches 5 passes to get him $250,000 or something crazy like that.