Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
49ers Move Up in First Round

(04-04-2021, 08:46 AM)Sneakers Wrote:
(03-31-2021, 10:39 AM)Bullseye Wrote: As I've said in another post, I am not dissuaded or deterred by the prospect of sitting a QB for his first year if I thought he would be a long term answer at the position.  Too many great QBs have sat for most or all of their rookie years and went on to have hall of fame careers.

I agree with you there is a good chance there will be one more trade for a QB in the top ten.  It very well could be the Dolphins trading back from 6 to 8 or 9.  But I see that happening only one of two ways:  1.  Atlanta doesn't take a QB at 4.  If they don't, then chances are they trade out of that spot.  2.  Mac Jones is the apple of some team's eye and is the 5th QB with a first round grade.  While I don't necessarily see Mac Jones as a top ten QB pick, the Carolina brass worked with him at the Senior Bowl.  They could value him enough to move up to make sure they get him.

I don't think Miami has necessarily soured on Tua, and I think they would be making a mistake if they were.  Nobody seems to be soured on Joe Burrow.  Tua's numbers are virtually identical to his, and he doesn't have anywhere near the skill position support that Burrow has in Cincy.  That said, prior to all of the off field stuff, Watson represented a rare opportunity to substantially upgrade the QB position.  I think accumulating all of these future first round picks enables Miami to do several things:

1.  The picks give them ammo to trade for Watson in the future once all the legal issues clear up;
2.  Those picks enable the Dolphins to give Tua the surrounding talent he needs if they decide to stick with him;
3.  If Watson's legal issues are not cleared to the Dolphins' satisfaction and no trade for him happens, and they somehow sour on Tua, the picks better enable them the ability to trade up in future drafts to get another QB.

It depends who the QB is sitting behind of course.  The problem is you don't find out if he really is the future for another year. 

I see the Jets taking Wilson (unless someone offers up a kings ransom) and Fields goes to San Francisco.  #4 gets interesting and I think Atlanta will get a few phone calls (the first 4 picks all QBs???).   Regardless, they stick with Ryan and Cincinnati gets either Sewell or Pitts.  Burrow is already excited!

Miami is a big winner, taking the guy they wanted anyway,  Ja'marr Chase, at #6 instead of 3.

Panthers plan to settle for Lance get blown up when the Lions make a surprise move, trading #7 to the Bears or the Patriots.
Miami wins huge after all of this.  Not only do they likel get the guy they may have been targeting at 3, but they gathered enough high future picks to have ample options.  Assuming they hit on all or most of the picks, they should have a well stocked team for years to come.

I would love to see the Panthers lose out on their QB, though it would be very surprising to see the Lions trade with their division rivals Chicago to do so.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

My buddy will be pissed if they take Mac Jones. I will laugh so hard if they take Mac Jones.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(04-19-2021, 08:36 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1384...70695?s=19

Absolute beast mode! Props to the Dolphins FO, of course the picks have to pan out but they're literally putting heads in the guillotine!
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

(04-19-2021, 08:41 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote:
(04-19-2021, 08:36 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1384...70695?s=19

Absolute beast mode! Props to the Dolphins FO, of course the picks have to pan out but they're literally putting heads in the guillotine!

Agreed.

Jeez.. Dolphins picking up some future picks like crazy. Not a terrible strategy...

I wonder what it would look like if Jags trade down from their 2nd rounders and start collecting later picks or future picks the same way. I'd rather them keep their 1 1st rounders and kick this thing off with a bang.

(04-20-2021, 01:30 AM)MJonesD_32 Wrote: Jeez.. Dolphins picking up some future picks like crazy. Not a terrible strategy...

I wonder what it would look like if Jags trade down from their 2nd rounders and start collecting later picks or future picks the same way. I'd rather them keep their 1 1st rounders and kick this thing off with a bang.

I'd see who is still left on the board at that point, before making a decision to make the pick at #25 or trade down. Maybe we'd be better off trading back a few spots and adding picks in 2022. It all depends on who is available and who got picked before #25.

(04-20-2021, 01:30 AM)MJonesD_32 Wrote: Jeez.. Dolphins picking up some future picks like crazy. Not a terrible strategy...

From what I have read, they shouldn't trade down too far.  This year, beyond the 3rd round, the talent level falls off drastically, because of the NCAA rule that allowed so many seniors to come back for another year.  Next year, the talent is very deep through round 7.  But not this year.

Topic to discuss: Who is the guy who gets picked in the top 5 that makes them willing to move off the pick? How far back would you be willing to drop if you were the Phins GM?

They are holding all the cards. It's all but assured that at least one of Sewell, Pitts, Chase or any of the Bama WR are there at 6, and every single one of them make a ton of sense. The biggest benefit to all this mobility is they have a TON of insurance should Tua faceplant. Assuming they move again, they may be able to net another future first or second, and all those picks will allow them to be mobile enough to replace him or stockpile talent if he does assume the role of 'the man'.

I'd say I can't wait for the 29th, but my second shot is tomorrow, and that's taking up all of my giddiness right now Smile

(04-20-2021, 08:36 AM)Mikey Wrote:

Topic to discuss: Who is the guy who gets picked in the top 5 that makes them willing to move off the pick? How far back would you be willing to drop if you were the Phins GM?

They are holding all the cards. It's all but assured that at least one of Sewell, Pitts, Chase or any of the Bama WR are there at 6, and every single one of them make a ton of sense. The biggest benefit to all this mobility is they have a TON of insurance should Tua faceplant. Assuming they move again, they may be able to net another future first or second, and all those picks will allow them to be mobile enough to replace him or stockpile talent if he does assume the role of 'the man'.

I'd say I can't wait for the 29th, but my second shot is tomorrow, and that's taking up all of my giddiness right now Smile
I think they moved back and jumped Det. up for Smith.  But everything is for sale if the price is right