Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
World Football/Premier League fans

Anyone here into soccer? Just got done watching the UCL game, City v Dortmund.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-06-2021, 05:03 PM)Black and Teal Wrote: Anyone here into soccer? Just got done watching the UCL game, City v Dortmund.

Big time.  I follow the Premier League, Championship League, Champions League, La Liga Mexico, and some Bundasliga and La Liga (Spain).   My favorite teams are as follows;

US, Mexico, & Poland National Teams
Crystal Palace & Fulham - Premier League
Bournemouth & Norwich City - Championship League
Chivas - La Liga Mx
Barcelona - La Liga
Dortmund - Bundasliga

Favorite Player - Robert Lewandowski

I generally root against high paying teams that dominate their leagues like PSG, Man City, and Bayern Munich.

(04-06-2021, 05:03 PM)Black and Teal Wrote: Anyone here into soccer? Just got done watching the UCL game, City v Dortmund.

One of the Dortmund players, ‘Jude Bellingham’ is 17 and he was signed from my local club Birmingham City for £30m he is an absolute talent and will like go to the Euros with England despite his age.

He was the one with the disallowed goal btw

(04-14-2021, 05:45 AM)Dockerill91 Wrote:

One of the Dortmund players, ‘Jude Bellingham’ is 17 and he was signed from my local club Birmingham City for £30m he is an absolute talent and will like go to the Euros with England despite his age.

He scored today and looked unreal on the ball. He’s definitely the future of English football

(04-14-2021, 05:31 PM)Black and Teal Wrote:
(04-14-2021, 05:45 AM)Dockerill91 Wrote: One of the Dortmund players, ‘Jude Bellingham’ is 17 and he was signed from my local club Birmingham City for £30m he is an absolute talent and will like go to the Euros with England despite his age.

He scored today and looked unreal on the ball. He’s definitely the future of English football

Yeah saw. Really nice guy from a really nice family, managed to get a signed Dortmund shirt from him (mates in the police with his dad) and he just asked for a donation to his charity voluntary.

Didn’t see this thread...

KTBFFH!!!!
Still can’t believe Chelsea just won that.

Great game. Roller coaster season but what an end. I love my team

(This post was last modified: 06-03-2021, 09:49 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(05-30-2021, 12:17 PM)JagsorDie Wrote: Didn’t see this thread...

KTBFFH!!!!

Congrats !!   We watched the Champions League final at Lynch's (Jax Beach) -- the place was packed w/ ~ 90% Chelsea fans since it's their designated sports pub (as you are likely aware).

Love seeing Man City go down after spending all those Euros on their players.  Kind of took their glory out of dominating the EPL this season.

I'll go back to reality and stay loyal to Crystal Palace and Fulham.  At least I get to take interest in the Championship League once again now that Fulham was relegated ... Sad

(06-03-2021, 09:48 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(05-30-2021, 12:17 PM)JagsorDie Wrote: Didn’t see this thread...

KTBFFH!!!!

Congrats !!   We watched the Champions League final at Lynch's (Jax Beach) -- the place was packed w/ ~ 90% Chelsea fans since it's their designated sports pub (as you are likely aware).

Love seeing Man City go down after spending all those Euros on their players.  Kind of took their glory out of dominating the EPL this season.

I'll go back to reality and stay loyal to Crystal Palace and Fulham.  At least I get to take interest in the Championship League once again now that Fulham was relegated ... Sad

Man I miss the Jacksonville Blues. They are good group guys. I fully expected to lose. What Tuchel has done with that squad is incredible. 

It was bitter sweet seeing our legend Lampard sort of flame out as a coach but I’m sure he will get another shot somewhere.

One thing I will say about lampard is that he went back to grass roots youth academy players which Chelsea was notorious for training then never letting them get first team play and eventually just loaning them out. Frank brought a lot of the loans home and gave the min they deserved.

It’s ironic that both champions league wins came on the back of a coach who took over at the mid way point( Roberto Di Matteo took the helm from AVB in 2012).

I don’t always agree with owners moves but he finds ways to surprise everyone.

Also I thought you were more for Bornesmouth not CP ?

KTBFFH!!!

(06-03-2021, 12:00 PM)JagsorDie Wrote:
(06-03-2021, 09:48 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Congrats !!   We watched the Champions League final at Lynch's (Jax Beach) -- the place was packed w/ ~ 90% Chelsea fans since it's their designated sports pub (as you are likely aware).

Man I miss the Jacksonville Blues. They are good group guys. I fully expected to lose. What Tuchel has done with that squad is incredible. 

It was bitter sweet seeing our legend Lampard sort of flame out as a coach but I’m sure he will get another shot somewhere.

One thing I will say about lampard is that he went back to grass roots youth academy players which Chelsea was notorious for training then never letting them get first team play and eventually just loaning them out. Frank brought a lot of the loans home and gave the min they deserved.

It’s ironic that both champions league wins came on the back of a coach who took over at the mid way point( Roberto Di Matteo took the helm from AVB in 2012).

I don’t always agree with owners moves but he finds ways to surprise everyone.

Also I thought you were more for Bornesmouth not CP ?

KTBFFH!!!

Yes, it's a great atmosphere at Lynches on match day when Chelsea is playing.  

I am still a Bournemouth fan but seeing they got relegated and lost most every player makes it very difficult to really maintain my weekly loyalty (although I was rooting for them in the Championship League playoff vs Brentford as they won leg 1 1-0 and lost leg 2 1-3 getting a red card in the 28th minute Sad

CP is consistent finishing between 10-15 since 2013 lol. 
Fulham obviously has the local tie to Khan so I'll continue to root for them and get the ESPN+ package to watch them this year in the Championship League.

Not too far away from another season 

Cheers !!!